Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #16
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
wow big changes Sonya - good luck with the driving, it gives you so much freedom.
i know i really need a kick up the backside to get me going lol. i took lessons when i first bought the car and after a while my instructor dropped me, told me i was doing fine just needed someone to sit in the car with me. so i asked my dad, biggest mistake ever. every time i came home from driving with him i was in tears. he made me so nervous, he sat holding onto the dash and kept taking the wheel from me. long story short he is now not allowed near my car

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #17
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2ash View Post
i know i really need a kick up the backside to get me going lol. i took lessons when i first bought the car and after a while my instructor dropped me, told me i was doing fine just needed someone to sit in the car with me. so i asked my dad, biggest mistake ever. every time i came home from driving with him i was in tears. he made me so nervous, he sat holding onto the dash and kept taking the wheel from me. long story short he is now not allowed near my car
Never a good sign. I was lucky as my dad & uncle used to teach my sister & I to drive. My actual instructor thought my dad was mad to go in a car with having control over the vehicle

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Never a good sign. I was lucky as my dad & uncle used to teach my sister & I to drive. My actual instructor thought my dad was mad to go in a car with having control over the vehicle
I used to go out with my aunt as well nikki and she said i was fine. at night i would drive around the neighbourhood by myself. the last time i went out my dad told me to drive straight ahead at a junction as i was doing this he changed his mind and said go left and caught the wheel and pulled it to a sharp left i literally nearly had a heart attack and accelerated instead of braking and that was the end for me

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #19
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2ash View Post
I used to go out with my aunt as well nikki and she said i was fine. at night i would drive around the neighbourhood by myself. the last time i went out my dad told me to drive straight ahead at a junction as i was doing this he changed his mind and said go left and caught the wheel and pulled it to a sharp left i literally nearly had a heart attack and accelerated instead of braking and that was the end for me
My most scariest experience was when I was doing my driver training for the ambulance service, we had the scariest instructor who if you argued back at he would fail you. We were at an advantage as we knew this already & kept our mouths shut for the 3 weeks

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
Old 05-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #20
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Evening all!!
Hows everyone? Any plans for the night? Think we're going to relax and watch the apprentice. I can see Edna being trouble!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #21
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
We had a rite of passage in the DLPdaft household this morning - DD locked up the house and left for school all on her own (now the weather is better she wants to walk the 15 minute journey to school rather than have me drop her off earlier on my way to work, and go to breakfast club).
I made her take her mobile with her and phone me once she was on her way, just in case she had any problems .
Oh my, how did you cope??? Were you checking your phone every 15 seconds...?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
DDs class picture today! Cant believe shes just finished her 1st year in primary.
Awwwww Hope they are both feeling better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Evening all, just back from the bank after a mortgage appointment. I was pleasantly surprised about what I could borrow & comfortably repay. Just need to start looking now
Very exciting news!!! You'll have to keep us posted!

Quote:
Evening all!!
Hows everyone? Any plans for the night? Think we're going to relax and watch the apprentice. I can see Edna being trouble!
I'll be watching too!!!! LOVE The Apprentice!!! But first I am going training with my friend we have signed up for the Race for Life this year and have got to pull our fingers out if we have any chance of getting round the full 5k! I DO NOT RUN...

Sonya - good luck with the driving hun! Hope you & Ash are all settled in now and she has unpacked all her dresses!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #22
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Evening all!!
Evening, i'm just relaxing this evening. I'm looking online for properties Very excited my mum & dad bought me a couple of things for when I get my house (maybe they are trying to tell me something)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post

I'll be watching too!!!! LOVE The Apprentice!!! But first I am going training with my friend we have signed up for the Race for Life this year and have got to pull our fingers out if we have any chance of getting round the full 5k! I DO NOT RUN...
Good luck with your Race for Life, you will be fine & you can walk it too

Trips:
Old 05-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #23
kizzabel

House shopping, how exciting!!! I love looking at the rentals online and always get new house broody!! Find anything nice Nikki??

Hiya MUM to Belle, my DD had a great time having her photo taken, saying cookies (she hates sausages!) and is better but DS isnt eatting and isnt himself at all. His temp is back down a bit but hes not right yet. Poor mite.
Had similar ideas for a mini marathon but uuuum just wasnt to be this year. Good on ya!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
Old 05-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #24
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Oh my, how did you cope??? Were you checking your phone every 15 seconds...?!!!
I was very good - I made her call me once she was on her way to school, so I knew she'd locked up okay and was going to make it to school on time. I'm sure she was probably thinking "god mum whats the big deal" lol .

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #25
MollyandLucy'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Evening all!!
Just got back from helping at our playgroup ladies night worn out but also too hyped up just to go to bed

May Half Term 2011 Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2735299

Cheyenne May 2011 - First School holiday trip with my own children Santa Fe November 2009 - 30th, 60th and 70th Birthday trip Sequoia Lodge Febraury 2007 - First trip with my own child Cheyenne June 2003 - First Anniversary and DH 30th Disneyland Hotel June 2002 - Honeymoon Cheyenne November 2000 - 21st Birthday trip Santa Fe June 1998 - End of A-levels best friend trip Cheyenne August 1996 Davy Crockett August 1992
MollyandLucy'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:42 AM   #26
kizzabel

Morning all. Anyone doing anything exciting today?

Very slow week, seemed to take forever to get to thursday! Meeting with the hotel we've booked for our wedding to change somethings on saturday and communion for DPs niece/godchild sunday so im enjoying a lazy day before a hectic weekend :-D

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 05-12-2011, 04:05 AM   #27
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
House shopping, how exciting!!! I love looking at the rentals online and always get new house broody!! Find anything nice Nikki??
:
I have found a couple i'm going to look at but I haven't settled on an area just yet.

Quote:

Very slow week, seemed to take forever to get to thursday! Meeting with the hotel we've booked for our wedding to change somethings on saturday and communion for DPs niece/godchild sunday so im enjoying a lazy day before a hectic weekend :-D
I'm just relaxing & making the most of not being back at work till the weekend, although I have ironing to get done by then.

Trips:
Old 05-12-2011, 04:46 AM   #28
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Off to the park in a bit Will try and take photos of all the new menus. Camera batteries are charged and it's in my bag.

After that when OH come and picks me up tonight we are going to Ikea Has to be done but it's often chaos in there, worse than in Disney

Hope everyone has a lovely sunny day

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:07 AM   #29
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Off to the park in a bit Will try and take photos of all the new menus. Camera batteries are charged and it's in my bag.

After that when OH come and picks me up tonight we are going to Ikea Has to be done but it's often chaos in there, worse than in Disney

Hope everyone has a lovely sunny day
Enjoy the parks, how I would love to live closer Don't envy your Ikea trip, its the same in the UK when they are busy especially on Saturdays

Trips:
Old 05-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #30
lilacgems23
DIS Veteran

Im feeling rather annoyed tonight, I sold something from DLP on ebay buyer didnt pay anyway got nasty with me and I just got a message to say:

IVE BEEN TO THE PROPER DISNEYLAND IN FLORIDA PLENTY OF TIMES NOT THE POOR MANS DISNEYLAND IN PARIS UNLIKE YOU STUPID!

Im annoyed at his attitude but more annoyed how he thinks DLP is poor mans Disneyland and not the proper one!

Nov 2010 Cheyenne[/COLOR]

Last edited by Cyrano; 05-15-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: by passing filter
lilacgems23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: