|05-15-2011, 01:17 AM||#1|
Catch you at the other end
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
What do you mean? There’s more to the US East Coast than NYC '07 TR? Homeward bound
How this Trip Report came to be
The hard disk on our Apple Mac G5 died last week. It just didn’t get out of bed one morning and when we visited the Genius’ at a MacStore , they only confirmed that the hard disk was dead.
All our data is unretrievable and the only things of value there would have been our pictures, which thankfully DH had backed up on an external drive.
I’ve been slowly transferring the pictures across from the external drive to my laptop (and my external drive) and loading the ‘better’ of them into photobucket for backup purposes.
In a way, it's a blessing in disguise because without a trip to look forward, I can look at some of the previous holidays and pretend that I'm there instead. Definitely one way for me to beat the no-holiday blues.
I mentioned the pictures to my Friends in a Box, particularly the 2007 trip, and a number of them thought I should put a Trip Report together (challenged me to it is more the case…). So, here goes.....
In June 2007, DH had one of those 1-week work meetings to attend. I was given 6 months advance notice for this meeting….which of course meant T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
Six.Whole.Months. for me to scheme and plan!
And when you add the fact that both DH and I had an excrement bucketful of leave, that only meant D-O-U-B-L-E T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
DS had just started prep in 2007 so …….
I turned a 1-week work meeting into a 6-week vacation for me (5 weeks for DH). I think the hardest bit about the planning of this trip was for DH to get the time off from work…..but given how much leave he had owing; in the end it was no contest.
DH and I debated about where to go on this vacay. Being summer, Alaska featured high on the list. And we almost did go up the NorthWest Passage; but my chicken tail-feathers quivered at the thought of cruising.
So, we turned our eyes towards Canada.
Yes – that other Commonwealth country that insists that they speak differently to us and US(A).
Not ‘just’ Canada; but the EASTERN part of Canada…the part that was still toying with succession ideas….and French speaking. About as close to going back to Europe without actually getting there!
We mentioned the trip to my parents…and my mum was really keen to come along; dad didn’t like the idea of all that touring. In the end, mum told me she was in and dad was staying home.
So….here are the Disclaimers:
1. Pictures have been taken by both DH and myself, in the days before I knew how to spell dSLR; so I consider them to be real holiday snaps.
2. Pictures are taken from Point and Shoot cameras that have single digit megapixel capability only. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the quality or lack there of.
3. Believe it or not….there is NO food porn. I appreciate that I’ve already lost a number of you with this statement….what can I say? It was 2007 afterall!
4. There will be gaps in my swiss cheese memory. What can I say? Again…it was 2007.
5. My mother came along on this trip. I will not be posting any pictures that include her; but she will probably be referenced in the TR.
ps. I have no idea how this TR is going to turn out....
Last edited by PrincessInOz; 11-19-2011 at 11:36 PM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|