Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #391
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabelle View Post
what I have booked so far is....

Tutto's
Portobello's
The Wave
Les Chefs

it looks like she may be able to find something to eat at those places? Tutto's and Les Chef's are must do's for my husband and son.
The vegetable lasagna (Lasagnes de legumes du soleil a l'huile d'olive au thym) at Chefs de France is very tasty. At the Wave we had the Seasonal Vegetable Stew and enjoyed it very much. I haven't been to the other two places on your list.

I always check the latest menus on allears before booking our ADRs each trip. Many restaurants have a vegetarian entree on the menu. Some restaurants have a separate vegetarian menu and allears does not always have those on their website. I see they have the one for San Angel Inn but not the one for Jiko for example.

It's too bad your DH and DS won't do buffets because Boma and Tusker House are great options for vegetarians.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #392
cherylp3
Florida Resident

I was on the disney dream in Feb. as a vegan, Remy was the best. Had quite a few hiccups but overall good.

Cheryl

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #393
cherylp3
Florida Resident

the wave is excellent for vegans /vegetarians. Also recommend Grand Floridian Cafe.
Never been to Portobello.

Cheryl

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #394
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

thanks everyone!

It's funny, we used to have a problem finding stuff she'd eat because she didn't like anything. Now I have a problem finding meals without any meat, which is the only thing she used to eat before. I'm so glad that she eats veggies now.

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #395
v_gan
I can go the distance!

Question Veggie Wrap at Cosmic Rays

Does anyone know if the veggie wrap at Cosmic Rays is vegan?
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort - March 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2009 (20 years old)
Universal Orlando - Offsite - October 2008 - (20 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Movies - September 2007 (19 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Music - July 2002 (14 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - Offsite - January 2001 (13 years old)
Disneyland, Universal Hollywood - Offsite - January 2000 (12 years old)
WDW, Universal Orlando, Sea World - Offsite - January 1991 (3 years old)

Spring 2014 Disney College Program Blog (Concierge): Going the Distance - My Disney College Program Experience

Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
Two Vegans, Too Much Food
Even More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
v_gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #396
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_gan View Post
Does anyone know if the veggie wrap at Cosmic Rays is vegan?
No, I don't believe it is. Maybe it can be made that way. I seem to remember it having something like a ranch type dressing on it. I really should have written down what was in it, I guess hindsight is 20/20.

HunnyJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #397
itsalebeau
Mouseketeer

This is the info I have written in my trip notes for Cosmic Rays (I don't know where I got the info but I assume it was somewhere on these boards!!):

Quote:
cosmic rays starlight cafe - pb&J (check bread though), veg burger w/ fixin station, Hummus wrap with black beans, corn, and salsa (“a pretty tasty wrap considering that Cosmo’s Ray is a greasy burger type place. I double checked with the cashier via the ingredients book that this wrap was vegan. Overall the wrap was pretty good and it was a good quick meal option. Cosmo’s Ray also has a toppings bar too”)
itsalebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #398
v_gan
I can go the distance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnyJar View Post
No, I don't believe it is. Maybe it can be made that way. I seem to remember it having something like a ranch type dressing on it. I really should have written down what was in it, I guess hindsight is 20/20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalebeau View Post
This is the info I have written in my trip notes for Cosmic Rays (I don't know where I got the info but I assume it was somewhere on these boards!!):

Thank you both! I thought I had read it was a hummus-type wrap, but I guess I'll just have to check to see what's going on with it once we get there!

Also: What's a vegan to do on the QSDP, as far as desserts go? TS places usually have sorbet or non-dairy ice cream. But CS mostly only has ice cream, brownies, non-vegan cookies, etc. I normally don't get dessert, but since it's included I want to get something. Is it possible to sub a side of fries or something if nothing is available for dessert?
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort - March 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2009 (20 years old)
Universal Orlando - Offsite - October 2008 - (20 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Movies - September 2007 (19 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Music - July 2002 (14 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - Offsite - January 2001 (13 years old)
Disneyland, Universal Hollywood - Offsite - January 2000 (12 years old)
WDW, Universal Orlando, Sea World - Offsite - January 1991 (3 years old)

Spring 2014 Disney College Program Blog (Concierge): Going the Distance - My Disney College Program Experience

Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
Two Vegans, Too Much Food
Even More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews

Last edited by v_gan; 05-03-2011 at 03:42 PM.
v_gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #399
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you both! I thought I had read it was a hummus-type wrap, but I guess I'll just have to check to see what's going on with it once we get there!

Also: What's a vegan to do on the QSDP, as far as desserts go? TS places usually have sorbet or non-dairy ice cream. But CS mostly only has ice cream, brownies, non-vegan cookies, etc. I normally don't get dessert, but since it's included I want to get something. Is it possible to sub a side of fries or something if nothing is available for dessert?
I definitely remember some hummus, I should have mentioned it before. I also remember some corn, beans, lettuce and tomatoes.. I want to say there was olives as well. And it was a wheat wrap. But I also seem to remember some sort of ranch-y type dressing. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I thought there was some sort of dressing in it.

HunnyJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #400
itsalebeau
Mouseketeer

Now I'm totally curious about the wraps! Here is some info I found out on the interwebs:

from an e-pinions review (I'm assuming the reviewer is vegan because they opted for the gluten-free bun to make their veggie burgers vegan):

"The food is good. We all enjoyed the veggie burgers, especially being able to pile on lots of toppings. The gluten-free buns are a little dry, but basically good. I was partial to the veggie wrap, with its hummus spread, beans and shredded vegetables on a whole wheat tortilla. It was definitely a bit messy to eat and the tortilla was a bit dry, but overall it was a tasty lunch with apple slices."

Now, maybe she asked for no sauce and just didn't say so in the review.

Okay, so this person blogged about their vegan dining experience at WDW, and says: "Hummus wrap with black beans, corn, and salsa from Cosmo’s Ray located in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. This was a pretty tasty wrap considering that Cosmo’s Ray is a greasy burger type place. I double checked with the cashier via the ingredients book that this wrap was vegan (I would suggest checking again though if you go here just in case they changed this item). "
http://sayitsnotsoy.com/wdw-misc-meals/

That review was from 2009...
itsalebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #401
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

VEGAN SNACK IDEAS:

We had the QSDP last July and are getting it again this year. I think we did 9 nights on the QSDP and 5 nights at the beginning without the dining plan. So I had about 18 credits.

Here is what I remember getting w/ my . These are not in order, I'm just numbering so I can count and hopefully remember what I got. Almost every fast food place we went to had

1. MK - Main Street Ice Cream Parlor - Root beer float w/ tofutti. They accidently made two of them, I guess because DD was in line with me they thought she wanted to...but I did only order 1. This was AWESOME!! And I got two to boot and share

2. MK - Main Street Candy Shop - Candy apple. I know that DHS wouldn't let me get one in the candy shop there, but MK definately did.

3. MK - Sunshine Tree Terrace-Adventureland -Orange Slush - Tastes like frozen orange juice. Hit the spot, but it was very citrusy.

4. Epcot - Germany -German pretzel w/mustard. These are a little different than all the others throughout the parks. All are vegan and ok, but these were a little darker and doesn't seem like your standard. YUMMY!! Loved these.

5. Epcot-Japan - Kaki Gori Food Cart - I got the 3 flavored rainbow. This was the first time I tried these and I let everyone taste it. They all marched over and got their own it was so good.

6. MK - Cinnamon Glazed Almonds - You should be able to find at all parks, although I never seemed to.

7. MK - Cinnamon Glazed Pecans - You should be able to find at all parks, although I never seemed to.

8. DHS - The candy shop had slushies and one was pina colada. This was very yummy and I ate it while we watched Beauty and the beast.

9. POP - Divvies Carmel Popcorn - This turned out to be stale. I'm thinking it might have been old.

10. Epcot - Germany - Dark chocolate bar - ask what you can get. At first I was told I couldn't get larger bars, but then another person said I could (the manager)

11. Epcot - Germany - Dark chocoate bar with marzipan on the inside

12. MK - Popcorn - all Disney popcorn is vegan, they don't use butter or anything dairy to pop.

13. DHS -Edy's frozen strawberry bar

14. POP - Hummus

15. POP - Wheat thins to dip into hummus

16. AK -Nestle Frozen strawberry lemonaid cup - This was a bit tart, but awesome

17. POP - Kettle Corn in bags. I almost forgot about this one. This was probably one of my favorite things I had!!! SO SO GOOD!!!

18. POP - Kettle corn in bags - Got this at least twice

(some other ideas - fries at various locations -ask how they are cooked many locations used dedicated fryers, DTD now has Baby cakes with vegan cupcakes and things like that, cracker jacks at Caseys corner in MK, chips, fruit, tofutti and rice dream ice cream, frozen lemonade, La Cantina De San ANgel in Epcot now has Paletas (traditional fruit popsicles) Cantaloupe, Mango with chili, Lemon, or Coconut **check the flavors I know one has dairy, but at least one doesn't**, Refreshment Port at Epcot-tostones (crispy fried green plantain) **I'm not sure what is in these so check, this is just an idea-I'm going to check it out when I go**

At POP I found these:

They had tofutti ice cream, but you have to ask a chef because the people at the ice cream counter didn't know what I was talking about.

Hummus and artichoke dip was vegan, the olive tempanade was (they used anchovies)

Divies chocolate chip cookies and caramel corn

Nutter butter cookies, wheat thins, ritz crackers (go figure that these were vegan.

bananas, apples, oranges, and grapes.

Frozen Edy's strawberry bars and itzadoozies or something like that (large popcicles).
When subsitituing something on the dining plan ask a chef and then possibly ask the chef to wait with you when you check out. At pop I got grief about having hummus once as my desert even thought the chef said that was fine.

The chef can walk you around the entire food court, show you ingredients, give suggestions, etc. I had the most incredible mickey waffles made with the gluten free batter and they had a dedicated GF mickey waffle iron. I even got the real maple syrup they had in the back. Just incredible. Get the kids waffle sized mickey heads instead of the adults. The chef said they turn out better, probabaly because the are smaller. They just gave me an adult size portion - more than they get kids.

Not on dining plan but totally worth checking out if your vegan or NOT:

AK - Royal Andapur Tea Company - Frozen mango drink. This was totally fabulous and is not on the dining plan.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP

Last edited by MelanieC; 05-14-2011 at 05:47 PM.
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #402
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more

Quote:

HI there - I thought the same thing when we did the QSDP last July. Every counter service we went (except Columbia Harbour House and they sent someone to Pecos Bill to get me some) had Life is good Chocolate chip cookies. Several also had Divvies, but I prefered the Life is good. It wasn't much, but it was a nice ending to the fast food meals. I'm not normally a Fast food counter service type of person, but we enjoyed the QSDP last year, so much so that we are doing it this year. The kids liked the snack credits, you get mugs with it and I actually had some great vegan meals. You should also be able to get fruit if they have it. I think the only time I got fruit was when I had it in place of fries once when we ate at Studio Catering Company. Backlot Express is better at DHS than Studio Catering. They have a dedicated fryer and they beepers so you can go sit until your food is ready. Backlot Express is really accomodating and we only ate at Studio Catering because Backlot Express was closed due to the stoves not working one day.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
Old 05-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #403
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post

The chef can walk you around the entire food court, show you ingredients, give suggestions, etc. I had the most incredible mickey waffles made with the gluten free batter and they had a dedicated GF mickey waffle iron. I even got the real maple syrup they had in the back.
This was at the Pop food court? Good to know!

My family can't have anything based on corn syrup (and sadly many of the things in the vegan list have it...SO disappointed in the tofutti and divvies companies), so I'm compiling a list of places that have real maple syrup.

We found it at Kona and Hollywood&Vine. Not Boma, which was shocking!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #404
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
This was at the Pop food court? Good to know!

My family can't have anything based on corn syrup (and sadly many of the things in the vegan list have it...SO disappointed in the tofutti and divvies companies), so I'm compiling a list of places that have real maple syrup.

We found it at Kona and Hollywood&Vine. Not Boma, which was shocking!
Yep - Definately ask, because he was super excited about giving it to me when he got back with my dish. I was super excited too because I only buy maple syrup at home.......I hate the fake stuff.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #405
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more

I found some pictures from my trip last summer:

ALL VEGAN

I'll start uploading some of these.

Snack Credit
Nestle Frozen strawberry lemonade - very good and very tart!

Snack Credit
Chocolate from Germany gift shop

Snack Credit
Kettle Corn from POP Century Food Court

Snack Credit
Candy Apple from MK Main street candy shop

Snack Credit
Rootbeer Float w/ Tofutti Ice Cream

Snack Credit
Pina Colada frozen slushi - DHS @ Villians in Vogue Candy Shop

Edy's Strawberry Frozen Popcicle -
All parks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: