Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #196
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewz1 View Post
Please don't think me to be a stalker but...I have your TR in my Fav's place.
DH & I were just referencing it the other night. We're not even taking the Med Cruise until 2012 and I'm already planning it.

I guess that makes me an anal stalker!

Kristen
Hello, stalker!

No I'm glad I can help! In fact, I want to come with you!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #197
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon View Post
Hello, stalker!

No I'm glad I can help! In fact, I want to come with you!
If you promise to take the pictures, it's a deal!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #198
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you promise to take the pictures, it's a deal!

Kristen
You bet that's a deal!!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #199
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon View Post
You bet that's a deal!!

LOL! I'll let you know our plans as soon as Disney releases their itineraries...

By the way, we're a retired Army family so I'm sure we''ll have lots to talk about in addition to Disney and cruising...

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #200
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL! I'll let you know our plans as soon as Disney releases their itineraries...

By the way, we're a retired Army family so I'm sure we''ll have lots to talk about in addition to Disney and cruising...

Kristen
We totally would!! Here's hoping you can get a great military discount too!!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #201
nifferearly
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your great trip report! It's so informative! Can you please give me some details on Villefranche? Was it easy to get to the train station? How long of a walk? Would you recommend seeing both Nice and Monaco? Where was a good place to hang out on the beach for awhile? I'd like to see Rothschild gardens, go on a beach, and I'm unsure of what else - too many options! Thanks in advance for any insight!
nifferearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #202
the_cave_crew
Earning My Ears

Thanks for this....

Thanks for posting this trip report. It is great.
the_cave_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #203
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifferearly View Post
Thanks for your great trip report! It's so informative! Can you please give me some details on Villefranche? Was it easy to get to the train station? How long of a walk? Would you recommend seeing both Nice and Monaco? Where was a good place to hang out on the beach for awhile? I'd like to see Rothschild gardens, go on a beach, and I'm unsure of what else - too many options! Thanks in advance for any insight!
Hi Nifferearly! Sorry, I missed this! The train station was very easy to find in Villefranche. It's a beautiful 5 minute walk. I would say Monaco is a don't miss. It just blew me away. Nice has a huge beach. We didn't spend long there because we were out of time but I would think it would be a good place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_cave_crew View Post
Thanks for posting this trip report. It is great.
Thanks cave crew!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #204
nifferearly
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Disneyfalcon!
nifferearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #205
Phynixwh
Earning My Ears

Red face You've inspired me

Thank you so much for the wonderful trip report. We set sail for the 11 night Med cruise May 28, 2011 (2 more weeks), but we arrive in Barcelona on 25th. I am so excited now after reading your report and someone else's. This is our first cruise of any kind. It will be me, my husband and 4 yr old son. This being our first cruise, we signed up for several excursions because we don't want to miss anything or risk getting back late to the boat. After reading your report though, I'm starting to think maybe we can do more things on our own. I've never been too keen on doing group tours, but we just wanted the peace of mind we wouldn't be running to catch the ship. So we are still deciding, but your trip report has given me some courage.

Also, your pictures have inspired me to start practicing using my camera out of automatic mode. I hope I will be ready!

By the way, we will be staying in the Novotel at the end of our cruise, so I really was happy to see your pictures of your stay there. When I look at your pictures, I can't believe that I will be seeing the same sights in a couple weeks! Just gorgeous, only what I have seen in the movies.

I gather that the itinerary changed since you went because of the unrest Tunisia had. We unfortunately will not get to see Tunisia.

Thanks again for all the great tips and information of what we have to look forward to. My only regret is that I didn't discover this board sooner!

Hope you have a great time on your Alaskan Cruise. I will look out for it as We would love to do the Alaskan cruise one day. Happy sailing!
Phynixwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #206
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynixwh View Post
Thank you so much for the wonderful trip report. We set sail for the 11 night Med cruise May 28, 2011 (2 more weeks), but we arrive in Barcelona on 25th. I am so excited now after reading your report and someone else's. This is our first cruise of any kind. It will be me, my husband and 4 yr old son. This being our first cruise, we signed up for several excursions because we don't want to miss anything or risk getting back late to the boat. After reading your report though, I'm starting to think maybe we can do more things on our own. I've never been too keen on doing group tours, but we just wanted the peace of mind we wouldn't be running to catch the ship. So we are still deciding, but your trip report has given me some courage.

Also, your pictures have inspired me to start practicing using my camera out of automatic mode. I hope I will be ready!

By the way, we will be staying in the Novotel at the end of our cruise, so I really was happy to see your pictures of your stay there. When I look at your pictures, I can't believe that I will be seeing the same sights in a couple weeks! Just gorgeous, only what I have seen in the movies.

I gather that the itinerary changed since you went because of the unrest Tunisia had. We unfortunately will not get to see Tunisia.

Thanks again for all the great tips and information of what we have to look forward to. My only regret is that I didn't discover this board sooner!

Hope you have a great time on your Alaskan Cruise. I will look out for it as We would love to do the Alaskan cruise one day. Happy sailing!
Hi Phynixwh! I'm so glad I could help! You are going to love this cruise, Tunis or not! There are some wonderful excursions so I'm sure you'll be happy whichever you choose.

It was definitely full of, "Wow, I cant believe I am seeing this" moments.

You will not regret moving out of manual once you get the hang of it. If you ever get stuck, just pop it back over to automatic. See what settings the camera picked and that will help you learn too!

Have a wonderful time!
Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #207
Toria
DIS Veteran

I loved your TR and beautiful pictures!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #208
ALK$Disney
Mouseketeer

Nice TR. Thanks
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #209
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
I loved your TR and beautiful pictures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALK$Disney View Post
Nice TR. Thanks
Thanks for reading!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #210
designertravels
Mouseketeer

good info

Hi, I am enjoying my first skim of your blog. We are sailing July 20 Med. Right now i'm just planning the basics. Do you recall what transfer company NOT to use? I am starting to lean towards just cabs from airport/hotel/port. We are just a party of four.

Nice Beach - I really want a beach day on our trip. Do you think this would be the best place? Do you recall how or where the beach in Nice was that you saw?

Thanks, Jill
designertravels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: