Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #766
amyah12
Earning My Ears

We Got a Cabana!!!

What a great Mother's Day gift!! I just happened to check availability for the cabanas during our cruise and one came available! I booked it immediately and am so excited our family will be able to enjoy one day at CC in a cabana! Yippee!!!
amyah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #767
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyah12 View Post
What a great Mother's Day gift!! I just happened to check availability for the cabanas during our cruise and one came available! I booked it immediately and am so excited our family will be able to enjoy one day at CC in a cabana! Yippee!!!
Yay!!!! So glad your persistance paid off! Enjoy!!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #768
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesDCL View Post
Hello cabana veterans!

My hubby and I will be on the 5 night Dream Double Dip in August and are debating getting a cabana on Serenity Bay, since that is all that is available. It would be cabana #20.

Is cabana #20 a good location?
Is a cabana on serenity bay worth $400?
Is having only 2 people in the cabana a waste?

I really want to try the cabana experience, but I need to if its best to use my $400 here or at the spa!

Thanks in advance for any help!
I just checked and cabana number nine is available on day # 1 on CC if your interested!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #769
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesDCL View Post
Hello cabana veterans!

My hubby and I will be on the 5 night Dream Double Dip in August and are debating getting a cabana on Serenity Bay, since that is all that is available. It would be cabana #20.

Is cabana #20 a good location?
Is a cabana on serenity bay worth $400?
Is having only 2 people in the cabana a waste?

I really want to try the cabana experience, but I need to if its best to use my $400 here or at the spa!

Thanks in advance for any help!
I can tell you we LOVED having a cabana on Serenity Bay! It isn't that crowded as it is so if you add in a private cabana it is even MORE empty! Almost felt like we had the island all to ourselves. We had 4 people but I would DEFINITELY get one for 2 people. Its def worth the $400 for the day. We got there right after the ship docked and stayed as long as they would let us!

However.... having a massage on CC in the open air cabana is AMAZING as well! But... if I was choosing, I would choose the cabana first because I think its a LONGER pleasure... ya know? I do the Rainforest in the spa.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #770
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
I can tell you we LOVED having a cabana on Serenity Bay! It isn't that crowded as it is so if you add in a private cabana it is even MORE empty! Almost felt like we had the island all to ourselves. We had 4 people but I would DEFINITELY get one for 2 people. Its def worth the $400 for the day. We got there right after the ship docked and stayed as long as they would let us!

However.... having a massage on CC in the open air cabana is AMAZING as well! But... if I was choosing, I would choose the cabana first because I think its a LONGER pleasure... ya know? I do the Rainforest in the spa.
What time of year were you at Serenity Bay? We were there in January and we FROZE. I heard that that part of the island gets more wind? Maybe it was just a fluke that day?

Is Serenity Bay warm in May?
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #771
mlemmons
Earning My Ears

View from Cabana 11

For those that are interested. Here's the view from Cabana 11.
mlemmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #772
mlemmons
Earning My Ears

View from Cabana 12

And here's the view from Cabana 12.
mlemmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #773
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiew View Post
I too was in a wheelchair. #1 not only had a ramp to get in - it also had an electric outlet to use if you needed to plug in a scooter.

Hammocks are in the sand. If you don't have enough mobility to move from porch to sand you would be out of luck!

Sting ray took close to 3 hours for our granddaughter and her father. they were gone until lunch (they had either the 9 or 9:30 stingray adventure).

Thanks! My brother won't use the hammock (dha nd I will use those)...too hard for him to transfer, he is happy to have the cabana and I will leave the loungers for him and my mom, and good to know about the outlet! he can charge his chair, he will psyched about that!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #774
jnsma
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We were in Cabana 1 on our previous trip.

MIL was in a wheelchair. She also had an oxygen machine that she plugged into the outlet. We asked for (and received) an extention cord for her machine to bring it to the beach. It did seem that it was a request that they hadn't heard before as they weren't sure it was possible. Everyone was great in making it happen.
Having the Cabana and being able to sit on the beach and watch her grandkids was well worth the cost. She ended up passing away about a month later.

For the record, there is no hammock for Cabana 1. The ramp to the beach takes up a lot of space so there is no room for the hammock.

If you want to see pictures of the handicap cabana and handicap room, you can find them here:
http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae300/jnsma
jnsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #775
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
What time of year were you at Serenity Bay? We were there in January and we FROZE. I heard that that part of the island gets more wind? Maybe it was just a fluke that day?

Is Serenity Bay warm in May?
We were there in November last year. It was gorgeous! However.... we were there in December the year before and it was chilly. I guess chilly means around 70 degrees and windy! lol... But it wasn't warm enough for us to sit on the beach all day. I think during the winter it is somewhat of a chance thing.

In May... yes it should be very warm.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #776
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
We were there in November last year. It was gorgeous! However.... we were there in December the year before and it was chilly. I guess chilly means around 70 degrees and windy! lol... But it wasn't warm enough for us to sit on the beach all day. I think during the winter it is somewhat of a chance thing.

In May... yes it should be very warm.
Great! I wish it weren't a year away!
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #777
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

We have cabana #19 booked for our June cruise, there will be 6 of us sharing it for the day. We really wanted one on the family beach, but no luck. We've got one adult willing to foregoe the cabana, and the rest of us can take turns hanging with her, caring for the 4 year old in our party.

For those of you who have done this before, what's the going rate for gratuity? Is it per cabana or per person? Did you tip in cash?

Just trying to plan ahead, thanks in advance.

Melissa
LissaW16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #778
TravelingJen24
DVC Member

We will be cruising in December with 12 people in all. How many people fit in the cabanas? Will it be too cold in December to even warrant one?
TravelingJen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #779
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingJen24 View Post
We will be cruising in December with 12 people in all. How many people fit in the cabanas? Will it be too cold in December to even warrant one?
We were there this past Dec. Water was cold, but many people were still swimming. It was too cold for me, though. I'm not sure if I would have wanted a cabana or not. Might be nice to have that place to hang out if the water is too cold.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #780
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsma View Post
We were in Cabana 1 on our previous trip.

For the record, there is no hammock for Cabana 1. The ramp to the beach takes up a lot of space so there is no room for the hammock.

If you want to see pictures of the handicap cabana and handicap room, you can find them here:
http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae300/jnsma
Oh I thought that might be the case...thanks!

Sorry about you MIL passing, at lkeast she got to spend quality time with her family, that's what counts.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: