Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

They're going where....oh never mind! August PTR now with shopping pics!

Hello all,

Well I guess I should start our PTR, maybe someone will read it.

The cast for this trip will be the usual. Actually, it is the first trip in a few years that it is just the three of us. There will be:

our 10 year old son, Declan. He is a WDW veteran with 5 trips to date.

That's him on the left.

My lovely wife, known here on the Dis as pooksma.

Probably the last picture of her you will see and probably one to get me in trouble (she doesn't like having her picture taken or posted).

And yours truly,

I'm the taller of the two but I don't know how much longer that will be true. One of the last of me as well (I'm usually behind the camera).

We decided to take another trip for two reasons; first WDW is our favourite place to vacation, and second, free dining. We usually don't get to take part in free dining because of the dates and pooksma is usually starting back to school near those dates. This year we decided that it was too good to pass up.

Once again we booked everything with our fantastic agent Liz with Dream Come True Vacations. Liz is great and makes all of our planning as easy as pie. We originally decided on a trip from August 19th to 26th at POFQ.

The key word in the sentence is originally. I wonder what we changed and who will we meet up with during our visit to the Happiest Place on Earth. Stay tuned.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Last edited by declansdad; 07-23-2011 at 10:10 AM.
declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
MeMom
DIS Veteran

That Declan just gets to be more handsome every time I see him!
And yep, he's going to 'out-tall' you in a few years, I bet.
I hate pictures, too, but Ma is too pretty not to just smile, say cheese, and enjoy the outcome of your photo pursuits.

Since we start school in August, that's just never going to work for me for a Disney trip. The earliest I can think about skipping out is sometime in October, after we have gotten our routines solidified. After I retire (please, please, please let me be able to retire someday!) I shall enjoy some August and September low crowd/free dining trips.

I look forward to the planning and the trip itself. Thanks for the invitation to join in!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Joining the fun.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Came on over to join in the fun!

I always love your pics and pooksma's pre-trip shopping pics.

Declan is getting so tall!

Glad you got to take advantage of Free Dining it's awesome!
We are going later this year because we want to go to MNSSHP or we could have had our first meet.

Can't wait to hear all about the changes....

Old 05-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Yes!!! You started!! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!!I don't know how much longer you will be able to say that you're the taller one...he sure is creeping up on you!

I agree with Memom.....Pooksma is far too beautiful not to be in pictures!!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That Declan just gets to be more handsome every time I see him!
And yep, he's going to 'out-tall' you in a few years, I bet.
I hate pictures, too, but Ma is too pretty not to just smile, say cheese, and enjoy the outcome of your photo pursuits.

Since we start school in August, that's just never going to work for me for a Disney trip. The earliest I can think about skipping out is sometime in October, after we have gotten our routines solidified. After I retire (please, please, please let me be able to retire someday!) I shall enjoy some August and September low crowd/free dining trips.

I look forward to the planning and the trip itself. Thanks for the invitation to join in!
Pooksma says that you need to heed your own advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Joining the fun.
Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Came on over to join in the fun!

I always love your pics and pooksma's pre-trip shopping pics.

Declan is getting so tall!

Glad you got to take advantage of Free Dining it's awesome!
We are going later this year because we want to go to MNSSHP or we could have had our first meet.

Can't wait to hear all about the changes....
LOL, she has a trip planned for the Victoria Day long weekend. She will be off to Bangor to visit Target, Kohls and I'm sure a few others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Yes!!! You started!! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!!I don't know how much longer you will be able to say that you're the taller one...he sure is creeping up on you!

I agree with Memom.....Pooksma is far too beautiful not to be in pictures!!

I agree with you both and keep telling her. Maybe when you guys say it she will listen.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 05-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

I'm here to follow along!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Happy Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Doing the hundred day dance !

Thanks for the compliments and Mother's Day wishes Had great morning with my boys today.

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

I'm in I'm interested to hear what you think of port orleans. I stayed there a couple of times when I was really young (the last time I was there was when I was in 1st grade and I am now just finishing up my first year at college). I never really cared about going back there untill recently when the resort came back to my memory after going to New Orleans in July 2009 for a church trip.
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #10
KCSherri
Perpetual Kid Who Always Believes in the Magic

We'll be there in August, as well - but I think we're at the beginning of the month and you're towards the end. It's been a few years since I've been there in August; I'm worried about the HEAT!
KCSherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #11
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
I'm here to follow along!
Welcome back for another trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I'm in I'm interested to hear what you think of port orleans. I stayed there a couple of times when I was really young (the last time I was there was when I was in 1st grade and I am now just finishing up my first year at college). I never really cared about going back there untill recently when the resort came back to my memory after going to New Orleans in July 2009 for a church trip.
We stayed at POFQ in 2009. It was a very nice resort. Not very big and very quiet, the pool was good but not great. The food court was a bit lacking I thought but still ok. The buses were great and having a boat available made for a nice trip to DTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSherri View Post
We'll be there in August, as well - but I think we're at the beginning of the month and you're towards the end. It's been a few years since I've been there in August; I'm worried about the HEAT!

Most have our trips have been in August and the weather has been fantastic. The heat and humidity are bearable with well-timed breaks and it doesn't take long for your body to adjust.

Were not usually this late in August but free dining was too good to pass up this time.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 05-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

The first thing we looked at changing was adding days. We looked at adding a couple at the beginning and one at the end. Pooksma ran every pin scenario and split-stay scenario she could think of. The whole time we decided that if we did add time we wouldn't tell Declan until we booked it. At the same time, we started to watch for flights. We kept an eye on Delta from Bangor and Portland as well as JetBlue from Portland.

We decided to look at adding some days at the beginning and possible staying at Universal. We checked out some stuff online and decided to ask our trusty friend Liz to see what she could find out for us.

We managed to get this all done within seven days of returning from our cruise. It seems those few days at Christmas just made us miss WDW want to get back.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #14
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Joining in - Interested in your new dates...we will be there the first week in August.

Welcome; will you be at POFQ as well?

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 05-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #15
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Joining in! We will be at Universal Aug.12-15 and then going on the Dream Aug.16. I'm hoping to maybe get a day in at Disney...can't be so close and not go to the parks!!!
What are your new dates?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: