Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
ftomasze
Earning My Ears

Wilderness Lodge: Room request, transportation suggestions.

Hey All -- Just a few quick questions about WL, hopefully someone can provide me with some insight before I book this Friday.

1. I will be getting the cheapest room available which, according to the Disney website, at this point is the Woods View rooms (an upgrade to Courtyard View rooms is available +$51, I will be willing to do that based on what you guys say). My question is, what is the best location, what should I request?! (This is my first time at WL and want it to be great! Accessability to Artist Point, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Roaring Fork, and Transportation are important to me.

2. Transportation -- I have ben reading that there is a boat that takes you to MK, is this true? If so, has anyone ever used it? Is it better than hopping on a bus? Also, how are the busses? I have stayed at CBR and found the busses there to be efficent.

Any feedback is appriciated!
ftomasze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

I don't know about room location since we stayed in the Villas, but the resort is fairly compact in comparison to others so not sure there really is a bad location.

As far as the boats, yes there is a boat that goes back and forth between MK and WL and it's fabulous. Takes about 10 minutes. It's a nice ride. There is also a boat that goes to FW and then the CR. The buses were great when we were there. I've heard that the bus to MK is faster than the boat, but we never tried it, we loved taking the boat. Most of the bus routes stopped to pick up at the GF but it really didn't take much time at all. Other than AK and DTD which took a bit longer, none of the bus rides took more than 15-20 minutes.

beebeeryan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Wilderness Lodge room views.........

Our favorite resort is the WL, over 10 stays there at all levels......like the other poster said, it's a compact resort....north wing is closer to the boat dock and the south is closer to the bus stop but not really bad for a walk either place.....As for woods view and courtyard....courtyard is great up about the 4th floor....iver looks the pool and we prefer the south wing but watch out on the courtyard view...they include in that the back side of the south wing and it faces the villas....woods is not bad either, depends on how much you're really going to sit out there and look around.

Wife likes the courtyard for watching the antics at the pool and hearing the afternoon games going on.....

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
ftomasze
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
I don't know about room location since we stayed in the Villas, but the resort is fairly compact in comparison to others so not sure there really is a bad location.

As far as the boats, yes there is a boat that goes back and forth between MK and WL and it's fabulous. Takes about 10 minutes. It's a nice ride. There is also a boat that goes to FW and then the CR. The buses were great when we were there. I've heard that the bus to MK is faster than the boat, but we never tried it, we loved taking the boat. Most of the bus routes stopped to pick up at the GF but it really didn't take much time at all. Other than AK and DTD which took a bit longer, none of the bus rides took more than 15-20 minutes.
We will be dining at GF one night during our stay...when you say most busses, do you think I could ask the bus driver if he/she were going to be stopping at GF and just take the bus over there, that would be great!
ftomasze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
melvin1970
Mouseketeer

We love the Wilderness and the Courtyard View. I know it is more expensive but to us it is worth it. The boat ride to MK is wonderful!!!! That is my favorite thing to do.
melvin1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #6
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

To get to the grand Floridian. Take a boat to the contemporary and ride the monorail to GF.

Or, bus or boat to ml, and monorail to GF.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2