Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Shellilin
Earning My Ears

Question Le Cellier - Actually get in at Ressie time to make Illuminations??

What's the likelihood of being able to catch illuminations at 9pm in June (Friday the 10th) with a 7:55pm Le Cellier ADR? Obviously won't be able to stake out a "spot," but can we even get in on time and make it out in time to see Illuminations at all? I've heard they are notorious for running late?? thank you!!
Shellilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellilin View Post
What's the likelihood of being able to catch illuminations at 9pm in June (Friday the 10th) with a 7:55pm Le Cellier ADR? Obviously won't be able to stake out a "spot," but can we even get in on time and make it out in time to see Illuminations at all? I've heard they are notorious for running late?? thank you!!
It would be close. Even if you would get seated immediately (which is unlikely), you would be rushing the meal, why do that?
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

It's highly unlikely you'll make Illuminations.

LeCellier does notoriously run late- the restaurant is quite small inside and it will have been serving dinner for at least 3 hours, which gives them plenty of time to build up a backlog of guests waiting to be seated. In fact, even with a 5:15 ADR I've waited for 20-30 minutes.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellilin View Post
I would never count on being seated on time at Le Cellier. It happens, but they are well known for running late quite often. So, I would plan on being seated late.

Even if you were seated on time, you would be rushing to get outside in time to see Illuminations. I simply would not count on it happening.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I really doubt you'd be able to make it to Illuminations. It would mean that you would only have 1 hour and 5 minutes to be seated, eat dinner, and get out of the resturant. The general rule of thumb is to allow 2 hours for dinner at a Signature and 90 minutes for dinner at a park resturant. As others have said Le Cellier typically runs a bit behind (though by changing to a Signature at dinner that might have changed). I would either try for an earlier ADR or a different night for Le Cellier.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adr, illuminations, le cellier

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: