Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #196
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegal View Post
Cool!
That means I get $100 onboard credit from Dreams Unlimited and more from Disney Cruise Line!
(The $100 is for my 11A cabin. I assume the DCL credit must also be on a sliding scale.)
On board credit from DCL is based on 2 things- 1) length of cruise, and 2) Castaway Club level. Travel agent OBC is usually based on length of cruise & category booked.

I think you would be well served perusing the FAQ sticky on the main cruise line board.

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #197
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Okay, first time cruiser, long time DISer here. What does the shipboard credit mean?
WDWInfo.com:

Quote:
Shipboard credits are a great way to save additional money on your cruise. This simply means that the agency will place a credit in your shipboard account. While onboard you can use this credit for anything you need to pay for, including spa treatments, merchandise, photos, etc. These credits expire at the end of the cruise.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #198
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Actually, in order to get full on board credit from DU or any travel agent, you need to name them at the time of rebooking on the ship. If you don't, and you transfer the reservation to them, they receive a reduced commission , and therefore you receive reduced on board credit from them.
If you transfer a reservation to Dreams Unlimited Travel, it does not necessarily mean that you will receive a reduced on board credit.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #199
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

We always earmark our on board credits for tips first and foremost

This is my 1,000th post!!!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #200
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On board credit from DCL is based on 2 things- 1) length of cruise, and 2) Castaway Club level. Travel agent OBC is usually based on length of cruise & category booked.

I think you would be well served perusing the FAQ sticky on the main cruise line board.

Cool!
I had been reading the active threads, but had not looked at the sticky yet.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

Onboard Booking Discounts - The following discounts do not apply to Cats 1, 2, 3 or 12.
3, 4 and 5 day cruises $100 OBC / 10% discount off cruise fare only
7 day and longer cruises $200 OBC / 10% discount off cruise fare only

The following discounts are for 2011 cruises ONLY and are only offered if you rebook onboard or transfer an existing OBB to a new 2011 date in addition to the 10% discount off cruise fare only. Category 11C/old 12s are receiving both 10% and OBC.
Silver.................$100 for 3-6nt cruises.........$200 for 7nt or longer cruises
Gold...................$150 for 3-6nt cruises.........$275 for 7nt or longer cruises
Platinum.............$250 for 3-6nt cruises..........$350 for 7nt or longer cruises
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #201
mainegal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nice thing to do. I was thinking of putting it toward Palo.

Congrats on post 1,000!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #202
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Okay, first time cruiser, long time DISer here. What does the shipboard credit mean?
For me, it meant, "Cool. Extra spending money."
If you're reading this, you've probably seen the posts listing the OBC from the DU bookings.

I used my OBC and some accumulated Disney Visa Rewards to buy my DCL Dooneys.

So in a sense, FREE DOONEYS!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #203
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Dummy booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
DCL offers some terrific perks for rebooking on board that can not be found anywhere else and if you disembark the ship without rebooking....you lose them. There is no way to secure them once you get off the ship.

That being said......you can change your mind once you get home and have your full deposit returned without penalty.

This is the reason for my badgering people about rebooking.

It's usually the best deal around and it's only available while on board.
Also make sure they process your dummy booking properly. On the WBTA we requested a dummy date. We got the quote and a note to ring the cruise desk to confirm if we wished to go ahead - which we did, thinking that was the end of it.

Only to find out after leaving the ship that they had not processed it! Its not like we are regular cruisers so how were we to know what to expect and if we had to do anything further?

I had a number of emails back and forth with DCL and basically had to argue that it was entirely due to their stuff up and not our problem. They finally backed down and reinstated our dummy booking... which is now PCC4.0.

I found there were others in the same situation - I think they were so busy that some bookings were being dropped.

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:40 AM   #204
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
on 1000.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #205
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegal View Post
"You'd be a dummy not to book a dummy date"

What worked for me was knowing that I could get my deposit back easily. And putting down the smallest possible deposit by booking a the lowest catagory cabin on the shortest farthest away date for the dummy date.
How do you figure what the shortest farthest away date for the dummy date is? Ideally what I would like to do is: when we are on our Sept cruise this year I'd like to book a dummy date (with DU) and then transfer it to the PCC4 date - that we already have booked with DU if possible plus book another dummy date just in case. I assume I would try and book the same date as PCC4 and then transfer later when we return home if space is available. But I don't when what date I would use to book the other dummy date.

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #206
mainegal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERmetoo View Post
How do you figure what the shortest farthest away date for the dummy date
Just ask the person at the booking desk.
I am sure people do it all the time.

I am not sure about everything else you asked.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #207
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
How do you figure what the shortest farthest away date for the dummy date is? Ideally what I would like to do is: when we are on our Sept cruise this year I'd like to book a dummy date (with DU) and then transfer it to the PCC4 date - that we already have booked with DU if possible plus book another dummy date just in case. I assume I would try and book the same date as PCC4 and then transfer later when we return home if space is available. But I don't when what date I would use to book the other dummy date.
I can't see why you can't book the PCC 4.0 date referencing DU as your travel agent at the cruise rebooking desk. You could probably work something out with DU prior to your cruise so DU is aware you're trying to get the rebooking discount on the ship AND want to be part of the official PCC 4.0 group.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #208
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
I can't see why you can't book the PCC 4.0 date referencing DU as your travel agent at the cruise rebooking desk. You could probably work something out with DU prior to your cruise so DU is aware you're trying to get the rebooking discount on the ship AND want to be part of the official PCC 4.0 group.
I think I can do that as long as there is still space available for PCC 4.0 I didn't want to take any chances - that's why I have already booked with DU for that.

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #209
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:

Congrats on the 1,000th post !!!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #210
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Please write to Tracey H. at TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

She will be happy to help you figure all of this out and make your vacation less stressful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: