Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #181
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Kevin....I didn't take it as badgering....in fact, I'm so glad that you did get this point across to me.....I just like having a fun story to tell...it's all good
Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #182
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Just so that everyone understands (and doesnt think I've lost my marbles)....we always try to get as many folks to rebook while on board as possible.

DCL offers some terrific perks for rebooking on board that can not be found anywhere else and if you disembark the ship without rebooking....you lose them. There is no way to secure them once you get off the ship.

That being said......you can change your mind once you get home and have your full deposit returned without penalty.

This is the reason for my badgering people about rebooking.

It's usually the best deal around and it's only available while on board.
That doesn't mean we thought you had your marbles in the first place.

But as far as the real message here goes, thanks for the badgering!

We're doing a 3-night in September and Val & I will probably book at least 1 "dummy" cruise while on board. Of course, we will specify DU as our agent at the time we rebook.
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #183
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

You can "badger" me to save money on a Disney vacation anytime.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #184
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Just so that everyone understands (and doesnt think I've lost my marbles)....we always try to get as many folks to rebook while on board as possible.

DCL offers some terrific perks for rebooking on board that can not be found anywhere else and if you disembark the ship without rebooking....you lose them. There is no way to secure them once you get off the ship.

That being said......you can change your mind once you get home and have your full deposit returned without penalty.

We learned this the hard way.

We were on our 2nd cruise in Aug 2010 on the Wonder (5-night double dip), and we re-booked one on board for Oct 2011. We joked about booking 2dates (one as a dummy date), but as the cruise went on, so did the lines at the rebooking desk. On the last AM (debarkation), they were insane. Don't know why we cared, we only live in Tampa, so we should've waited (it's not like we had a plane to catch).

Anyways, we get home, and in less than 48 hours, decide we really could not wait, and there was an *AMAZING* price for the Jan 2011 5-night on the Magic. I contacted DCL in every way shape and form, and they told us there was no way to get the on board booking benefits (we really like the OBC obviously). We could've moved the Oct 2011 cruise, but didn't want the price to go up for that one, so we ended up just booking with our DU TA, Beth Fejer.

Now, when we cruised in Jan., we were not screwing around; we booked our June 2012 Fantasy cruise AND a dummy date. I am SOOOOOO glad we did, because this is the date we moved to Podcast Cruise 4.0!!!!

Like Kevin said, you can always cancel and get your deposit refunded if done in enough time. Never again will we not be prepared with dummy bookings!!!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #185
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

By the way, there is a meet thread over in the cruise line forum with Fish Extender info for anyone interested! ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2691896

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 04-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #186
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
and doesnt think I've lost my marbles
Think? [But you have a lot of stuff going on]
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #187
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:

Kevin,

You are awesome! Hang in there, my friend.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #188
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for posting this. I am printing this so DH can see it and won't have a fit when I book a "dummy" date or 2 when we sail in September. We need to tell them to put Dreams Unlimited down as the travel agent - right?

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #189
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERmetoo View Post
Thanks for posting this. I am printing this so DH can see it and won't have a fit when I book a "dummy" date or 2 when we sail in September. We need to tell them to put Dreams Unlimited down as the travel agent - right?
Ooooo, I can answer this !!! Yes, list DU as your travel agent.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #190
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Ooooo, I can answer this !!! Yes, list DU as your travel agent.
We always list our specific DU travel agent (whom we adore), Beth Fejer, when we re-book.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #191
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

"You'd be a dummy not to book a dummy date"

What worked for me was knowing that I could get my deposit back easily. And putting down the smallest possible deposit by booking a the lowest catagory cabin on the shortest farthest away date for the dummy date.

I didn't really think I was being badgered at Cookies by Kevin, John and Pete. But I was highly encouraged.

And now my dummy date is December 8, 2012!

Quote:
I was so convinced that I should rebook onboard that I did not pay attention to the terrific perks. I know I got 10% discount on the cruise price. What other perks should I expect?

I am getting Dreams Unlimited Shipboard Credit. Do I also get DCL shipboard credit? What else? I love terific perks!

(Also very much looking forward to whatever special treats come from being part of the PCC 4.0 group.)
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #192
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegal View Post
I was so convinced that I should rebook onboard that I did not pay attention to the terrific perks. I know I got 10% discount on the cruise price. What other perks should I expect?

I am getting Dreams Unlimited Shipboard Credit. Do I also get DCL shipboard credit? What else? I love terific perks!

(Also very much looking forward to whatever special treats come from being part of the PCC 4.0 group.)
From WDWinfo.com:

Quote:
The very best price possible for your next cruise (and we know you’ll want to go back) will be offered while onboard the ship. Disney Cruise Line offers a discount to return cruisers and a shipboard credit. In order to get the best value, we’d advise rebooking onboard to get Disney’s discounts and promotions and then transferring your reservation to your travel agent to take advantage of their offered promotions.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #193
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

Cool!
That means I get $100 onboard credit from Dreams Unlimited and more from Disney Cruise Line!
(The $100 is for my 11A cabin. I assume the DCL credit must also be on a sliding scale.)
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #194
Silverfox97

Actually, in order to get full on board credit from DU or any travel agent, you need to name them at the time of rebooking on the ship. If you don't, and you transfer the reservation to them, they receive a reduced commission , and therefore you receive reduced on board credit from them.

Yes, it is combinable with the rebooking credit, which is very nice!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #195
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Okay, first time cruiser, long time DISer here. What does the shipboard credit mean?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: