Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #16
ilovemickeymost
Wife of a Soldier, Girlfriend of a Mouse. Thank you Walt for giving us a place to be part of the Magic.

Congrats. Did you do the courthouse thing in DC or a ceremony somewhere else? My thought is that the wedding on the cruise was your "real" wedding w/ all the planning etc & the one in DC was just a technicality to make it legal, And that's why it didn't feel any different of more special. You two put your hearts, love, & dreams into the cruise one. I do understand somewhat. DD was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I was working & had great insurance, but we contemplated moving the wedding date up so that I could quit work (1 hr drive) & stay home (15 minute drive) to get to her at school if needed. We decided to hold off & I used the family medical leave act to my benefit. You have that option too now. I'm so thankful that some states are starting to realize that people have the right to get married. I've said for a looooong time the reason the government didn't want to over turn don't ask dont tell is b/c of how expensive it will be to cover all the gay married couples for benefits. Question though: If you two move to another state are you still recognized as being married? B/c its a state law I wasn't sure. Like if you can drive at 16 in the state where you live & you go to a state that the drivers age is 18, can you still drive there? As a side note: I tell DH I married him for his ......equipment. May your life be filled with everything wonderful that life has to offer. Please pass our well wishes onto your wife. If you have any pics (of either one) I know there are a bunch of us who would love to see them.

DH (42) & DMe (38) & DD (17) & DS1 (5) & DS2 (2)
ilovemickeymost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #17
myheartlivesatwdw
Mouseketeer

Congrats!!!
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #18
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Congratulations again. We have many friends who got legally married years after their original church weddings. Most of them celebrate both anniversaries since each date has different meanings for them, but, both dates are about celebrating their commitment to each other.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #19
PsychNurse
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!!! I am an optimist who believes that someday soon we will all have the right to get married legally no matter what state we are in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: