Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #136
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I know.... I'm trying!

My TR was locked up last night. I guess I have to start the new one.
Wow! It's time to start then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Glad to see that you like the Residence Inn. I usually stay at WDW the night before but this year we will be cruising first so I booked a two bedroom suite at the Residence Inn. Never stayed at the port so it's nice to hear I made a good choice.
Yes, it was nice. I think staying at Disney the night before would be great too. I think if we weren't going to WDW at all, I might go for that option as well.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #137
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Day2 ~ March 31st, Thursday

I awoke from my comfy bed and was feeling refreshed, so I looked at the clock. WHAT!!!! I had only been asleep for about 2 Ĺ hours. I still had many MORE hours to sleep. I laid back down, but my mind was racing.
I got up and looked out the window. I could see the Carnival ship off in the distance from my window if I turned just right. How neat!... So I took a really bad picture of it.

If you are having a hard time seeing it is on the left side of the picture, all lit up.

I went back and laid down. Mom came in after awhile to use the bathroom and wanted to know why I was up. I told her I couldnít sleep. She told me she had a dream that I got very sick and had to go the Hospital, so she and Claire went on the cruise without me. Basically the same kind of dreams I have been having as well.

I dozed off and on, but never really a deep sleep. I would have dreams that we werenít allowed on the ship because we had Birth Certificates. Or that we didnít have official Birth Certificates. All those crazy dreams that you canít seem to steer your mind away from. I just wanted to get on the ship and get going already!

I would get up every so often and look out the window. Nothing new. I had hoped to catch a glimpse of the Dream docked, but if it was, I couldnít see it.

At 5 AM I looked out the window once again. Whatís that I see off in the distance?

I KNEW EXACTLY what that was. It was a moving ship and I could almost see a glowing Mickey on it!!! It was HER!!! The Dream was pulling into port. I quickly grabbed my camera and took several bad pictures! LOL! I was like a kid at Christmas. It was just so exciting!

I was amazed at how close the water really was!

And I couldnít believe how HUGE the ship was!

It was such a beautiful sight!

I heard something then and popped out from behind the curtain. Mom was standing there. She had been on her way to the bathroom and wondered where I was. I quickly told her the ship was pulling in to Port and she came over to have a look. We were both excited now! Then we heard a little voice. Claire wanted to know what we were doing, so we invited her in behind the curtain to take a look as well.

I took a quick photo with my phone and sent it to facebook. Letís just say that photo was not good and you couldnít even tell what it was. LOL!

Soon the ship faded in the distance. I guess where it docks cannot be seen from my window.

We all laid back down and Claire was soon back to sleep. I, on the other hand could NOT sleep at all now. I was too excited. After trying and tossing and turning, I just gave up. I got up and showered and got ready to start the day.

I went down for some breakfast in the lobby. It was decent food and I was amazed at how many people were already up and ready to go.

After I ate I walked around a bit and took a few pictures.

As you can see, it is still very dark out.

I went back to the room then and got on my laptop for a bit and checked my emails.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #138
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

A behind the curtain party The last time I was behind a curtian, well never mind

I wouldn't have been able to sleep as well. And those aren't bad pictures, because the little lights are your ship!

I can not wait to see the ship!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #139
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Jen, I can just FEEL your excitement!

How cool that you were up and looking at just the right time to see it pull in!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #140
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

How exciting to see the Dream sailing into the port!
I would not have been able to sleep either.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #141
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I am with you on the not sleeping on the day before the trip/party. I am always dreaming or waking up and looking at the alarm clock just to make sure I haven't overslept.

I could almost feel your excitement when you saw the Dream coming in. I would have been squealing like a little girl!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #142
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

I would be exactly the same way, I do get the same way on trips to WDW, but I have problems sleeping all the time though. But I can certainly feel your excitement, and it's getting me excited, waiting to read about the moment you board the ship
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #143
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

How fun that you were up to see the Dream pulling in to port!

I can never sleep the night before a trip either, I would've been right there with you!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #144
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

The Dream looks so Pretty coming into port! I don't blame you for staying up, I would be too excited as well! Plus I never seem to sleep anymore. Not a fan.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #145
gfly
Mouseketeer

can feel your excitement mounting...can't wait for sunrise.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #146
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yeah, Mickey woke you up, so you could admire his new ship!

How fun you woke up and looked out the window when the Dream pulled into port. And even more fun that ALL the cruisers were able to see her coming in.

You amaze me, getting up that early, but then you were on your way to a DREAM!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #147
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
A behind the curtain party The last time I was behind a curtian, well never mind

I wouldn't have been able to sleep as well. And those aren't bad pictures, because the little lights are your ship!

I can not wait to see the ship!
I kept trying to make myself sleep. I knew I had a long week ahead, but I swear the more I tried, the more awake I became!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Jen, I can just FEEL your excitement!

How cool that you were up and looking at just the right time to see it pull in!
It was perfect timing. I swear I was about to jump up and down like an excited kid. I'm so glad that I can stil lget that excitement as an adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
How exciting to see the Dream sailing into the port!
I would not have been able to sleep either.
Sleeping was HARD. My mind just keeps racing and I KNOW I should sleep, but hot one bit of my body was allowing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I am with you on the not sleeping on the day before the trip/party. I am always dreaming or waking up and looking at the alarm clock just to make sure I haven't overslept.

I could almost feel your excitement when you saw the Dream coming in. I would have been squealing like a little girl!
If I was all alone, I probably would've squealed and jumped around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
I would be exactly the same way, I do get the same way on trips to WDW, but I have problems sleeping all the time though. But I can certainly feel your excitement, and it's getting me excited, waiting to read about the moment you board the ship
I have sleeping problems off and on. But usually I'll squeeze a nap in during the day if I can when I can't sleep at night. I KNEW there was going to be NO napping for a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
How fun that you were up to see the Dream pulling in to port!

I can never sleep the night before a trip either, I would've been right there with you!
It was so exciting. I don't know if that is the normal time for it to come into port, but I was so excited to see it. I guess my body knew and was keeping me up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
The Dream looks so Pretty coming into port! I don't blame you for staying up, I would be too excited as well! Plus I never seem to sleep anymore. Not a fan.
It was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. I kind of felt like I had a secret that most of the others cruisers wouldn't have or know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfly View Post
can feel your excitement mounting...can't wait for sunrise.
Sun? There's no sun this day....well maybe a little. Oops, I'm giving secrets away again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yeah, Mickey woke you up, so you could admire his new ship!

How fun you woke up and looked out the window when the Dream pulled into port. And even more fun that ALL the cruisers were able to see her coming in.

You amaze me, getting up that early, but then you were on your way to a DREAM!
I like that. Mickey knew I needed to see it! I was happy that Mom and Claire both got to see it too. My Dad almost didn't beleive us when we told him in the morning, but when Claire said, yes she saw it too, he knoew we were telling the truth.
In real life I get up fairly early most days. Usually between 6 and 7, but some days I sleep in a bit. But on vacation I am a totally different person. When I came home, I think Skip got a little irritated with me because I was soooo tired. I took a lot of naps!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #148
jerseygirl74
Mouseketeer

I found your thread and I am loving the story of your trip. My family is going on our 1st cruise next year. I am dreming of our Dream Cruise everyday. I look forward to reading more of your story

Michelle
jerseygirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #149
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl74 View Post
I found your thread and I am loving the story of your trip. My family is going on our 1st cruise next year. I am dreming of our Dream Cruise everyday. I look forward to reading more of your story

Michelle
Thanks for reading along and Welcome to the Dis.
I also have my dining reviews goin too. The link is in the signature. The on "so this is what a dream taste like". Just click on that and it wil ltake you to that review.
You are going to have so much fun.

I wish I could post faster for everyone, but then again, I wil lbe sad when I am done too. But so far I have only given a tease of the ship, so I guess I'm not too far into it anyways. I will get on this as fast as I can though. I must do some ironing though and some housecleaning. But if anyone wants to do it for me, I'll keep posting!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #150
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Sounds like someone drops and sleeps like a bag of rocks this night
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: