Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #211
luvndizny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
And while channel surfing, I found another channel that offered a plethora of information (Ellen, that's for you! ), I learned something very valuable. It appears that pee is about 2 deg warmer than body temperature. After all, the adult pool was reading 86 degrees. The Goofy pool was ready 87, and the cesspool (aka Mickey pool) was reading 88 degrees? Coincidence? I think not.

Quote:

I loved that gnocci with sundried tomato sauce - yummy.
We totally agree! So good!

Oh and ditto on the thank yous on the lanyards!! I still use it to keep my Visa debit card in, etc. Occasionally I accidentally pull out the cruise KTTW card and smile...then sigh....

Okay, I FINALLY started our TR too:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2703849
luvndizny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #212
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Kara, looks like a beautiful first half of the day!
Let's see - check daughter in to club - check
Have a nice adult beverage in a quiet place - check
Check on daughter in club - check
Have a nice lunch Al Fresco for two - check
Check in with staff at club to tell them please don't check in with us - check
Have another adult beverage - check
Have an adult spa appt - double check

Just livin' that McSparkelson life!
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2011, 06:29 AM   #213
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i love that idea of watching the whole 45 min that first night.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #214
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I noticed your bracelet, is it all Disney? I have one that I'm doing just Disney, I have the Dreams charm that you have. I love my bracelet.

The ship looks so cool! I want to cruise again!
Right now it's almost all Disney. Jeff was all done with my Christmas shopping and just happened to spot these in a jewelry store.... The "Disney" logo is what caught his eye! So he got me the Chamilia bracelet and three charms, Mickey, Minnie and Tink. But the Tink is a long dangly charm and she really gets in the way a lot..... Darn pixie! What I love is that I get a new charm for every holiday! You know, Arbor Day, Secretaries Day, Presidents Day.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Sunday, sunday, SUNDAY!!!!! (I'm channeling Al Roker because we're so similar)

KARA-...is there a lake? Oh. I'm sorry. I did not know that.

I expect to have a full 45 minute version delivered to BWV with you attached in 25 days. Can't WAIT to watch it our first night!!
I actually will have two DVDs.... can you say DISmoms Round 2 all over again????

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvndizny View Post

We totally agree! So good!

Oh and ditto on the thank yous on the lanyards!! I still use it to keep my Visa debit card in, etc. Occasionally I accidentally pull out the cruise KTTW card and smile...then sigh....

Okay, I FINALLY started our TR too:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2703849
Funny thing about those KTTW cards. They don't work in Greenville, SC......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Kara, looks like a beautiful first half of the day!
Let's see - check daughter in to club - check
Have a nice adult beverage in a quiet place - check
Check on daughter in club - check
Have a nice lunch Al Fresco for two - check
Have another adult beverage - check
Have an adult spa appt - double check

Just livin' that McSparkelson life!
It's good to be a McSparkleson.... CHECK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
i love that idea of watching the whole 45 min that first night.
And then some......

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #215
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

So far I have quite a few charms, but since I decide which days are holidays I buy myself gifts of Disney charms! I'm wanting th eTink, so probably it will be next. Let's see,Tink Charm Day, good enough holiday, don't you agree?

We have Microsoft Movie Maker & DH has made some cool dvds. he coordinates music with the photos, some can be quite funny!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #216
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Wow- what an awesome start to a sea day...and I have a feeling it's only gonna get better!

I'm glad Ally had so much fun in the lab! Sav did not like it at all this time around, mostly because she wanted to be in the Edge with the tweens, and also she didn't like the ankle biters invading the lab space, even though they mostly kept to their own activities.

Wow that cesspool sure does look busy, I've never seen so many butts along the rim!

I love that channel too! Sav prefers the bridge view- she calls it "The Eleven Show" from back when on the old TV system it was on Ch. 11!

Ready for more, reading Rasul segments really brings out the exhibitionist in me!

PS- oh and speaking of, although I will be meeting you guys Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY! we will be there Sat and Mon too, although our schedules didn't really mesh well those days. (You never know though, I am a stalker extraordinarre!)

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #217
luvndizny
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Quote:
Funny thing about those KTTW cards. They don't work in Greenville, SC......
They don't work here in Aberdeen, NC either! I guess we should have read the fine print. By the way, if you tell the cashier at Walmart to "put it on my tab" you will get the strangest looks...
luvndizny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #218
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

how the h- e- double hockey sticks did i miss your trippy? ahh now to catch up!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #219
999ghostslover
DIS Veteran

I am so glad that I read these last two updates in the wrong order because OMGawd I would have canceled our cruise right then and there. And I have been on one before! I am going to try really hard not to look at people's beverages sway back and forth. I do remember that cruising just made us so tired last time. The swaying, the sun, the alcohol. We were like the walking dead!
999ghostslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #220
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
So far I have quite a few charms, but since I decide which days are holidays I buy myself gifts of Disney charms! I'm wanting th eTink, so probably it will be next. Let's see,Tink Charm Day, good enough holiday, don't you agree?

We have Microsoft Movie Maker & DH has made some cool dvds. he coordinates music with the photos, some can be quite funny!
Oh, I like that idea..... "Kara Day!" Well, in the McSParkleson household, I make EVERY day Kara day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Wow- what an awesome start to a sea day...and I have a feeling it's only gonna get better!

I'm glad Ally had so much fun in the lab! Sav did not like it at all this time around, mostly because she wanted to be in the Edge with the tweens, and also she didn't like the ankle biters invading the lab space, even though they mostly kept to their own activities.

Wow that cesspool sure does look busy, I've never seen so many butts along the rim! I love that channel too!

Sav prefers the bridge view- she calls it "The Eleven Show" from back when on the old TV system it was on Ch. 11!

Ready for more, reading Rasul segments really brings out the exhibitionist in me!

PS- oh and speaking of, although I will be meeting you guys Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY! we will be there Sat and Mon too, although our schedules didn't really mesh well those days. (You never know though, I am a stalker extraordinarre!)
It wasn't the butts ON the rim that concerned me nearly as much as what the little tiny butts IN the cesspool were doing.......

And I am looking forward to Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvndizny View Post

They don't work here in Aberdeen, NC either! I guess we should have read the fine print. By the way, if you tell the cashier at Walmart to "put it on my tab" you will get the strangest looks...
In case you haven't noticed..... and you didn't hear it from me <looks around to make sure nobody sees me giving you this confidential info>...... Walmart employees seem to have gone to a different customer service training school that Disney employees..... SSHHHHHHHH! This is all on the QT......

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
how the h- e- double hockey sticks did i miss your trippy? ahh now to catch up!
Slacker!!!!! Chop chop, you are still early, we are only one day 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999ghostslover View Post
I am so glad that I read these last two updates in the wrong order because OMGawd I would have canceled our cruise right then and there. And I have been on one before! I am going to try really hard not to look at people's beverages sway back and forth. I do remember that cruising just made us so tired last time. The swaying, the sun, the alcohol. We were like the walking dead!
Let's just say I am SOLD on cruising. It just took me, myself, and I to have a little talk and convince each other that everything was normal..... It was Myself that was the problem. Me and I were okay, but Myself was a little crazy.... if ya know what I mean......

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #221
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

so glad I found your trip report! I keep smiling and laughing and wondering why everyone keeps staring at work!!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #222
999ghostslover
DIS Veteran

Myself is okay. It is me that can be a little scary. But I am glad the three of you worked it out.
999ghostslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #223
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
so glad I found your trip report! I keep smiling and laughing and wondering why everyone keeps staring at work!!!
Stare back. It will make them very nervous and they'll leave you alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999ghostslover View Post
Myself is okay. It is me that can be a little scary. But I am glad the three of you worked it out.
Me is good. So is I. But my English teacher is probably rolling over in her grave right now.....

Old 04-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #224
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

23 days baby and we will be in the happy place!!! Lord knows I need it. The butt pool just scares me. Its not like they can just drain it and start over even though you are on water. ughhhh!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #225
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
23 days baby and we will be in the happy place!!! Lord knows I need it. The butt pool just scares me. Its not like they can just drain it and start over even though you are on water. ughhhh!
Actually, they DO drain them and start over all the time. Anytime they have a stage show at the Goofy pool, they drain it and cover it..... then they refill it later. It's crazy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: