Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Do they serve wine on the Magical Express? October 2011 --- We're back! TR started!

Welcome everyone to my first ever Pre Trip Report (well our first Pre Trip Report, but I'm in charge )….after completing my first Trip Report last year, I can’t stay away!! Most of you know me from my comments on your own individual Trip Reports

If you followed along with my Trip Report last year, you know all about the numerous adult meltdowns I encountered! That attitude started before we left and followed us home. We mutually decided the relationship hadn’t been working and we parted ways. No worries though, this wasn’t a Debbie downer sort of thing, it was all for the best and very positive!

So what’s a single girl to do when looking to date again…why not check out the DISboards…I didn't expect anything to happen honestly. I clicked through a thread of "single's profiles" all the way back to October of 2010 posts when one caught my eye. I sent a message and well it all unfolded from there. Tim lives near Roanoke, Virginia which is 3 hours away from me (in Richmond, Virginia). Luckily his parents live in the Richmond area and its where he went to school including college, so he is back to visit often. We set up a "blind date" to have dinner and see a movie one weekend. I don’t think we have gone a day without talking since that first message was sent and we have been dating since the day we met for dinner a few months ago.

I guess this would be a good time to introduce the cast of this PTR...

You may know me already, the name is Shannon and I just turned 27 on April 1st...and I am Disney World obsessed (self diagnosed). When I am not at Disney I am working full time as a Financial Investigator for the Virginia Attorney General. I have been going to WDW since the age of 7 or so and have gone more times than I remember I am guessing somewhere around 10 times. I even worked there at EPCOT (Living with the Land) and MGM (it was still called that - at Playhouse Disney and Little Mermaid shows) in the summer of 2007.

Favorite Park - The ability to make a decision is an issue...they all have a soft spot in my heart...I guess I will just have to stick with Magic Kingdom to spare you the long explanation of why I like each park

Favorite Rides - Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, and more (I'll stop there before I start making you a list of every ride at Disney)

And now introducing... Tim or Timothy or GuapoTimmy as you will find him on the boards, 25 years old and works full time as a Child Protective Services Social Worker. He comes from a Disney loving family so he understands and loves the crazy planning process. He started visiting Disney World with his parents back when he was only 2....aww how cute! Actually his mom did give me an adorable picture of him with Goofy from when he was younger...I may have to find a scanner to share that one!! He has visited WDW 5 times, with his latest visit being in December of 2010...he did a few days at the parks and then went on a 4 day cruise on the Disney Wonder...which he won through a DIS Unplugged Podcast!

Favorite Park - Magic Kingdom

Favorite Rides - Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Dinosaur

"Chapter" Links

1.How the trip came to be!
2. A plan is formulated and resort chosen
3. What should we eat with our wine?!?
4. Life Update - Moving in!
5. Aladdin Theme night
6.Bolt Theme night
7. Pirates Theme night
8.Half marathon with fellow DISers!
9.Hercules Theme night
10. Jungle Book Theme Night and Vinylmations!
11.Monsters,Inc. Theme night and other exciting news!
12.Double Digit Dance!!
13.To go or not to go (to Typhoon Lagoon that is) and our Twilight Zone night
14.A Big old mix of Disney fun
15. First Day Plans!
16. A Bugs Life theme night
17. Day 2 plans
18. Do we have an extra room for all the Disney stuff?
19. Lilo & Stitch theme night
20.Day 3 plans
21.Ratatoullie Theme night
22.Day 4 plans
23.Day 5 Plans
24.Theme nights and life
25.Day 6 plans
26.Day 7 plans
27.Day 8 plans (departure day)
28.Marathon registration
29. Princess Theme nights
30.Last 2 theme nights! 3 days until we leave!
31. Off we go!

Last edited by Shannon84; 11-02-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can you figure out how to do chapter links, or did I totally confuse you?

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm here! Can you figure out how to do chapter links, or did I totally confuse you?
Well first let me say thank you sooooo much for replying back with that response and so quick!! I am still trying to figure it out, I think with some trial and error I may be able to get it...if I go missing thats what happened to me and send help
Old 04-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing you want the chapter links in that first post of the PTR right? Well, I might have forgot to tell you to click where you want the chapter to show up first, before you add the link...like, if you want the chapters under Tim's favorite rides, since that's the last thing you posted, you have to click under there first, otherwise when you add the link, it will just show up right at the beginning of your post.

Although, I'm not sure if that's the problem your having. I kind of had to mess around with it too, before I figured it out!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Love your ptr title.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
redlight
DIS Veteran

I'm in.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm guessing you want the chapter links in that first post of the PTR right? Well, I might have forgot to tell you to click where you want the chapter to show up first, before you add the link...like, if you want the chapters under Tim's favorite rides, since that's the last thing you posted, you have to click under there first, otherwise when you add the link, it will just show up right at the beginning of your post.

Although, I'm not sure if that's the problem your having. I kind of had to mess around with it too, before I figured it out!
Oh my gosh, it gets even more complicated?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in!
Love your ptr title.
Thank you!! I would like to take credit, but that was Tim's idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
I'm in.
Thank you for joining!!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my gosh, it gets even more complicated?!?!?
LOL...it's not complicated once you figure it out! I probably just explained it badly...you might want to ask someone else!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Seriously where's my wine?!?

Before I get started side note - I added "Chapter Links" on the original post to follow along with...with some amazing help from Nermel9 - Thank you Jen!!

Sooo how this trip came to be…

Tim asked if I was interested in spending some time in Washington D.C. He had to go up to judge a MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) event (fights) up there and I am less than 2 hours away from there and have only been twice! So I agreed, it sounded like a good time to do some sightseeing. It was the start of the Cherry Blossom Festival as well…so pretty during that time

Tim ended up not having to judge that event, so we turned it into a weekend getaway (Our first trip away together ok maybe not that scary). He booked us a hotel and planned out a nice dinner for us for one evening. It was a BEAUTIFUL hotel, we ate at a fancy Italian restaurant, and visited lots of museums including the American History Museum…where…I found my buddy…

Ok so what does DC have to do with Disney? Even before our weekend trip we had been joking around back and forth about how fun it would be to take a trip to WDW together After we realized we enjoyed our long weekend away and didn’t annoy each other…we talked more seriously about visiting WDW. We met on the DISboards…why wouldn’t we want to go there?

Here we are smiling away on my birthday

We went back and forth between Halloween and Christmas times ….after careful consideration we chose our dates…October 16 – 23, 2011!! We went ahead and took the plunge one weekend booking the trip!! Of course we pretty much immediately started planning

We chose late October so we can do MNSSHP which neither of us have been able to do before and also this will be Tim’s first time during the Food and Wine Festival!

Up Next: Where we are staying and where we are eating

Last edited by Shannon84; 04-20-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL...it's not complicated once you figure it out! I probably just explained it badly...you might want to ask someone else!
Well look at us!! With your wonderful help I did it!!! Now too bad I didn't make a seperate post for it but thats ok!!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
redlight
DIS Veteran

Great picture of you two smiling.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
Great picture of you two smiling.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great start...can't wait to read all about your plans
YAY!! I am glad you came on over to my report, I have been enjoying yours!!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #14
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

I'm in! As a fellow Virginian, I look forward to reading about your plans and trip!

Funny, we keep on trying to move down your way (Well, Charlottesville) to escape the NoVA traffic nightmare! Is it quite as bad in Richmond?
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #15
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
I'm in! As a fellow Virginian, I look forward to reading about your plans and trip!

Funny, we keep on trying to move down your way (Well, Charlottesville) to escape the NoVA traffic nightmare! Is it quite as bad in Richmond?
Glad to have you!!! I just got myself caught up on your PTR!

I am from Massachusetts originally, but I really do love the Richmond area now (took a little time ) I work in downtown Richmond and I HATE driving (in general) and it really isn't too bad at all...its a busy commute..but I am always moving at the speed limit at least (no stop and go craziness)...I'm thinking much easier than NoVa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: