Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #16
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Sounds awesome so far.......so much fun!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #17
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Like I said before we will have a 2 hour drive to our 1st destination. It’s a really beautiful drive and I’m hoping that the Aspens will still be turning at the time. Driving through the Rocky Mountains during the fall is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

So allowing the possibility of a bathroom break, I figure will arrive at 4:00 PM if not sooner?

Our first Destination of our trip will be the small town of …......

Glenwood Springs Colorado

We’ll be staying the night at the
Courtyard Marriott

It’s a brand new hotel ((FYI … I’m a hotel snob)) I don’t need the Ritz, but I need a nice, clean, comfortable hotel.

Once we get checked in and our luggage has been brought to our room, Reya and Jayden will each find another hidden present from Tinkerbell. ((Not sure what the message will say with the accompanying card yet))

When she opens it, she’ll notice a brand new bathing suit and Jayden will receive some sort of floating device.

Me: “Wow Reya, what a beautiful bathing suit!!! You should put it on and we'll go find a pool somewhere?"

She will no doubt be super excited and anxious to leave. She's a total fish and would swim everyday of the year if she could.

So we'll all get ready to swim and head across the street to the historical, theraputic, relaxing, enormous Hotsprings Pool.

The pool is open until 10:00 PM, so we can swim and relax to our hearts content. I’ve always wanted to be there at night, so I'm really excited!! It will also be the middle of the week and a non-peak season so I'm hoping it will be pretty dead.

After our evening of swimming and fun, we'll probably pick up sandwiches or takeout to bring back to the room for dinner. Then hit the hay for some much needed sleep that we'll need for the next day's LONG drive.

Up next ...... Sharks, M&M's, and my favorite Chicken friend Chicken in the world.
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #18
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

I love your title! You have a beautiful family. I'm on board your adventure.
6Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Sounds awesome so far.......so much fun!!!!
Thank you.... I guess I should have mentioned that this isn't JUST a Disney trip.. We love to take roadtrips. ((Well I like to take road trips anyway)) and we like to do lots of stuff along the way, rather then just drive straight through to our destination. We'll be doing disney for about 6 days.

I'm so happy that Reya isn't going to know what is going on. Half the fun is going to be surprising her everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
I love your title! You have a beautiful family. I'm on board your adventure.
Thank you so much, and welcome.

I've always used THE BALD AND THE BEAUTIFUL in my trip reports.. When I did my first trip report back in 2007 my DD was 18 months old and bald as a cue ball She didn't start growing hair until she was 3.

And my husband has been shaving his head for as long as I've known him. So I thought it was an appropriate title.

Also DD still call's Snow White, "Snow Wipe" ((Her favorite princess))
Old 04-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #20
princessaw
Earning My Ears

Loving you plans so far! I didn't realize you were driving from Colorado, WOW! I wouldn't be able to make it, our 17 hour drive from Portland, OR was bad enough! Well, kudos to you for that long drive, and here's hoping your kiddos are well-behaved for it, lol!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:03 AM   #21
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

I'm officially along for the ride! Sounds great so far and since we will be driving I am interested where you will be going although we do not go through Colorado on our route we hit Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Nevada then California so lots of stops!

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #22
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessaw View Post
Loving you plans so far! I didn't realize you were driving from Colorado, WOW! I wouldn't be able to make it, our 17 hour drive from Portland, OR was bad enough! Well, kudos to you for that long drive, and here's hoping your kiddos are well-behaved for it, lol!
We've driven to California. ((Either San Diego, LA or Sacramento)) 7 times since we've had my daughter. We've only done one road trip with DS when we went to visit my Dad back in July. ((He was 7 months))

I am nervous because DS does not like the car. He gets antsy and cranky after 30 minutes. I'm hoping with a dvd player he'll be okay. DD is wonderful.. She's been doing road trips since she was 3 months old.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #23
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
I'm officially along for the ride! Sounds great so far and since we will be driving I am interested where you will be going although we do not go through Colorado on our route we hit Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Nevada then California so lots of stops!
Welcome! It looks like we'll be just missing each other.. When are you going on your trip? We'll be gone from October 4th-16th.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #24
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI ……….. In hopes to keep the “Are we there yet?” questions to a minimum. We’re going to give DD a daily allowance of $10.00 to do with as she pleases.. But............................ every time she asks the ever annoying question it will cost her $1.00. ((Hope it works))
Old 04-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #25
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I'm not sure my 10 yr old would understand the money concept.......lol He'd be broke before noon & would still like to have the money to buy something......
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #26
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I'm not sure my 10 yr old would understand the money concept.......lol He'd be broke before noon & would still like to have the money to buy something......
Yeah, not sure if it will work. But I guess I gotta try? I have a feeling it will work like a charm, but we'll see? If worse comes to worse I have another $10.00 in my pocket at the end of everyday. And I can always buy earplugs.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #27
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I had mentioned earlier I was going to post pictures pictures from our past DISNEY trips. ((Both DLR and WDW))

Here's my 1st installment.

Please enjoy

((Everything feels better once I see this sign))

((2008/ Reya at Build a bear in DTD ))

((2008 DLR))

((2008 DLR))

((2008 DLR)

Old 04-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #28
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Welcome! It looks like we'll be just missing each other.. When are you going on your trip? We'll be gone from October 4th-16th.
We leave Montana on Oct 11th and don't get back until Nov 3! Only part of it is Vacation...Road Trip from Oct 11 to Oct 21 including 5 days in Anaheim, then right after Disneyland we are headed to Arizona for my Daughter's Halloween night wedding so we will be in Arizona from Oct 21-Oct 31. then heading back to Montana on Nov 1st..Not so much stopping on the way back we just kind of drive straight through on the way home.

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #29
princessaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
We've driven to California. ((Either San Diego, LA or Sacramento)) 7 times since we've had my daughter. We've only done one road trip with DS when we went to visit my Dad back in July. ((He was 7 months))

I am nervous because DS does not like the car. He gets antsy and cranky after 30 minutes. I'm hoping with a dvd player he'll be okay. DD is wonderful.. She's been doing road trips since she was 3 months old.
We have made the drive three times, and the dvd player has always been the savior of our sanity. With the headphones they have it's an hour and a half of almost non-interupted silence.

Our kids were the same way, DD was always better in the car than DS. Even the 1 hour trip to visit my parents was pretty hard for him (and sometimes still is). Anyway, your pics are adorable, they are getting me excited for Disney too! Especially the sign over the enterance!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #30
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

October 5th

6:00 AM -
Wake up

7:20 AM - Have breakfast at the Bistro in the lobby?

8:00 AM- Hit the road

We have a 8 ½ hour drive from Glenwood Springs to our second destination

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!

I always allow a ½ hour of rest time for every 2 hours of driving . This may seem a bit excessive to most, but it is VERY important to let my kids burn off some energy.

With that in mind we will be on the road for 10 hours (give or take) We will however gain an hour with the time zone change, so I estimate we’ll be arriving in Vegas around 5:00 PM.

With as many road trips as we've been on I've learned to preplan most of our Stops. Of course unexpected things arise and we don't always stick to our plans. I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that DS will be well behaved and won't require me to make any unexpected stops.

First Stop: Fruita Colorado
* Fill up Car/Buy snacks and beverages
* Take a bathroom break, and burn off some calories by taking a walk and playing with the kids. There is a beautiful Rest stop located in Fruita. We always like to stop there when we drive thru Fruita.

Second Stop: Richfield Utah

* Have lunch at WINGERS
Everytime we head out west we like to stop at a Wingers. We don't have any in Colorado, and I think they're SUPER yummy.

((My brother, the last time we ate at the Richfield Wingers))

3rd Stop: St. George Utah

* Fill up Car
* GPS a close park to let the kids plays for 15 minutes
* Bathroom stop and pick up Starbucks

Hopefully that will be our last stop before we get into vegas.

I’m currently trying to decide which hotel we’ll be staying at. As of now it’s between MGM Grand, NY NY, Hard Rock, Luxor, and the Golden Nugget.

Any comments or suggestions on this matter?

Day 2, to be continued…….

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: