Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #31
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgerdon02 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Fantasmic Dining Package is what we are going to go with. I thought I read somewhere that it also includes an appetizer....could have dreamed it, not sure. Do you know what all it includes foodwise, or does it depend on the dining plan you have? HS is supposed to be very busy the day we are there with Fantasmic showing and evening EMH. I'm hoping to get there early and hit all the good stuff first. Then we can take our time eating and hit up some of the less popular attractions before Fantasmic!! Also do you know if we can put one person in line for us, and then the rest of the party show up later since we have the dining package? (Just dreading my two year old waiting so long before the show)
We are also there when it's evening EMH, but it will be our second day there so I'm hoping to get done most of what we want on the first day as it'll be super busy that day.
I also think I read that the appetizer is included as well, but not sure if that is just with a certain restaurant doing the package or with all three of them. It is our first time doing the F! dining pkg, our second time seeing F!. I'm not sure about the line-up for those who have the preferred seating with the package, but when we were waiting in the regular line Dh or I would leave with one or all of the kids, for a snack, bathroom trip, or just a short walk and then came back and were fine. Of course, that was only until the line started to move to go in, they we stayed together. Youngest ds was 4 at the time and he did quite well waiting, and it was a much longer wait.

March 2009: Our 1st Disney Vacation - ASMu
September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
MARsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #32
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARsMama View Post
We are also there when it's evening EMH, but it will be our second day there so I'm hoping to get done most of what we want on the first day as it'll be super busy that day.
I also think I read that the appetizer is included as well, but not sure if that is just with a certain restaurant doing the package or with all three of them. It is our first time doing the F! dining pkg, our second time seeing F!. I'm not sure about the line-up for those who have the preferred seating with the package, but when we were waiting in the regular line Dh or I would leave with one or all of the kids, for a snack, bathroom trip, or just a short walk and then came back and were fine. Of course, that was only until the line started to move to go in, they we stayed together. Youngest ds was 4 at the time and he did quite well waiting, and it was a much longer wait.
I'm afraid that no amount of planning would do me any good when it comes down to a 2 year olds actions. You just never know.... It's good to know that you were able to leave someone in line though.
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #33
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Epcot

Okay guys, this is where I need your help....I've NEVER been to Epcot! I always had it in my mind that it was not for kids and so I never took mine there. Now that we are finally staying onsite and not just doing the one day thing, we are going to go two days. Here are a few of the attractions that I definitely want to do....

SOARIN'
TEST TRACK
NEMO
MISSION: SPACE
SPACESHIP EARTH
MAELSTROM
GRAN FIESTA TOUR

So I'm sure there are lots of other things to do, but I don't know what! What is your favorite thing to do while in Epcot (Besides eat of course)

Speaking of eating: Our two Table Service Restaurants will be:
Via Napoli
& Akershus

As far as counter service goes....I don't have a clue! What are your favorite CS restaurants in Epcot?

Also, the Food and Wine Festival is going on while we are there...I'm not a very adventurous eater though. Not sure how much it will appeal to me, but I think MIL & FIL will enjoy it.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #34
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!! I am enjoying your TR!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #35
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

Well, we were only to Epcot for one day and was overwhelmed with all there was there and didn't get to do everything we wanted to. It was my oldest ds's, who had just turned 7 at the time, favorite park.
We at our counter service at the Mexico pavilion (can't remember what the name was) and we really liked it, but it was tough to find a seat. Our TS was at Akershus and it was great. Dd really loved the princesses.
IllumiNations was my oldest ds's favorite fireworks show as well.
We did Nemo, Soarin', and Test Track, and enjoyed them. Well, youngest ds (who was 4 at the time) wasn't much for rides, but he liked Nemo and the boat ride in Mexico (again I can't remember the name). He did do Test Track and Soarin' without too much complaint though. We also did another ride/tour type thing that took us through greenhouses and such where they were growing different things, that was really cool...and again, I have no idea what it was called! Sounds like I need a refresher course on Epcot myself, eh?!

A couple of things I've read about and am hoping to do this time is the Kim Possible adventure and pick-a-pearl in Japan. Of course with younger kids, they're probably not something that would appeal to you.

I'm looking forward to the F&W, but it is also our first time experiencing it so I
don't know what to expect. I guess I'm not too much help to you! lol

September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
Old 04-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #36
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input MarsMama! I think my DS7 will get the most out of Epcot. He's pretty adventurous. Can't wait to get there and see it for myself!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #37
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Animal Kingdom

I must say I am pretty excited about our trip to Animal Kingdom! I've never been, and it looks pretty awesome

Here is our list of Must Do's....
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Nemo Musical
The Lion King Show
It's tough to be a bug
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safari
Chester & Hester's Dinorama Area

You know I could keep typing, but I honestly think my family will enjoy all aspects of this park.... Unfortunately it's only open until 5:00 while we are there, so we'll probably have to be picky about what we ride/see depending on the crowd levels. Our plane doesn't leave until 4:50 on our last day, so the plan is to either revisit AK or HS for that morning. It will just depend on how much we get to (or don't get to) do in these parks.....why can't we stay at Disney longer

What are your favorite things to do at Animal Kingdom? Is there something you went on, and decided afterwards that you definitely could have done without it?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #38
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

ADR DATE is in 7 DAYS!!!!

I think I have driven my DH nuts asking him about our dining plans at Disney....that's where my title of this TR comes in. Since I started planing this trip, it has consumed most of my thoughts and unfortunately for DH my conversations with him....he asked me if I had been bitten by a Disney Bug or something.... I reassured him that I will calm down after I get our ADRs made. I'm not completely sure that's true, but I will be able to rest easier at night after I know that I have the times and restaurants I want. I'm pretty sure I change my mind daily about where we are going to eat, but this is where we stand as of today

Day 1: 1/2 day at MK (closes at 7:00) and dinner at Chef Mickeys
Day 2: Animal Kingdom (closes at 5:00) and dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Day 3: Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic Dining Pkg at Mama Melrose's
Day 4: Epcot - Dinner at Akershus
Day 5: Epcot - Dinner at Via Napoli (back and forth between Via Napoli and Le Cellier)
Day 6: Magic Kingdom - Lunch at The Crystal Palace
Day 7: Magic Kingdom & MNSSHP - Breakfast at Ohana
Day 8: the sad sad day we leave WDW probably pay OOP for CS

Here are some CS restaurants I'm intrigued by:
Magic Kingdom-
Tortuga Tavern
Pecos Bills
Cosmic Rays

Epcot-
Lotus Blossom Cafe
Cantina de San Angel (is this on the DDP? The chart says yes, but the individual restaurant page says no)

Hollywood Studios-
Pizza Planet

Animal Kingdom-
Flame Tree Barbeque

Mmmm mmmmmm makes me hungry just typing it. Did I miss your favorite restaurant? I'd love to know if you have had a good (or bad) experience at any of these.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #39
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for checking out my PTR!
You have a lovely family!!!
We love Epcot. There is so mch to do there! We usually plan 2 days there and 2 days at MK. We don't love AK (maybe because we're 15-20 minutes from the Bronx Zoo?). We don't usually plan to keep the kids out late as they are used to a pretty early bedtime. I find the still wake up early, even if we keep them up late. Then they're super cranky the next day!
We really like H&V for lunch. The buffet is quite edible and the Disney Junior characters are fun. I think the meal for the F! Dinner package is different (no characters, different food).

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #40
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

We spent one day at Animal Kingdom on our last trip and we experienced everything that we thought we wanted to. We really enjoyed the Kilimanjaro Safari, and Kali River rapids (even though I got soaked)! The kids really enjoyed the parade here, and It's Tough to be a Bug was great!
We didn't do Dinosaur and hope to do it on this trip. We also didn't do Expidition Everest and won't be heading that way this time either! lol
We went on the train to Rafiki's Island (or whatever it's called) and we won't bother with that again. Primeval Whirl isn't something I care to do again either, but that'll be up to dd, I will go if she really wants to.

Your ADRs look great, a lot of the same places that we're going to. We went with Le Cellier for lunch instead of Via Napoli, and we did Akershus on our last trip, so we're trying more new places this time.

Cantina de San Angel was on the dining plan in '09 as I think that was the place in Mexico we ate last time, but maybe it's been taken off I don't know. It was really good though, we liked it. We would like to try Tortuga Tavern this time around if it's open when we're there, and Peco Bill's is also on our list. We are going to try Flame Tree Barbecue this time, it's one of the counter services I'm really looking forward to. We did Pizza Planet back in '09and the kids really liked it so we may do that again as there's not too much in HS that appeals to us.

By the sounds of things we have the same taste in restaurants

September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #41
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgerdon02 View Post
he asked me if I had been bitten by a Disney Bug or something.... I reassured him that I will calm down after I get our ADRs made.

That's FUNNY! We'll see!!!!!!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #42
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARsMama View Post
We spent one day at Animal Kingdom on our last trip and we experienced everything that we thought we wanted to. We really enjoyed the Kilimanjaro Safari, and Kali River rapids (even though I got soaked)! The kids really enjoyed the parade here, and It's Tough to be a Bug was great!
We didn't do Dinosaur and hope to do it on this trip. We also didn't do Expidition Everest and won't be heading that way this time either! lol
We went on the train to Rafiki's Island (or whatever it's called) and we won't bother with that again. Primeval Whirl isn't something I care to do again either, but that'll be up to dd, I will go if she really wants to.

Your ADRs look great, a lot of the same places that we're going to. We went with Le Cellier for lunch instead of Via Napoli, and we did Akershus on our last trip, so we're trying more new places this time.

Cantina de San Angel was on the dining plan in '09 as I think that was the place in Mexico we ate last time, but maybe it's been taken off I don't know. It was really good though, we liked it. We would like to try Tortuga Tavern this time around if it's open when we're there, and Peco Bill's is also on our list. We are going to try Flame Tree Barbecue this time, it's one of the counter services I'm really looking forward to. We did Pizza Planet back in '09and the kids really liked it so we may do that again as there's not too much in HS that appeals to us.

By the sounds of things we have the same taste in restaurants

Thanks for all the advice on AK! I'm not sure how much I'll like expedition everest but DS can't wait to see the Yeti!! I might stick back with my two year old

I think we do have a lot of the same tastes in restaurants....I'm a picky eater (Been a vegetarian since I was 5, except for white meat chicken) but I've learned over the years to find something to eat pretty much anywhere. DH is looking forward to trying a bunch of new things on this trip though. He and the kids are not picky at all, so I will enjoy seeing them try lots of new things!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #43
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
That's FUNNY! We'll see!!!!!!
Only time will tell
Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #44
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Thanks for checking out my PTR!
You have a lovely family!!!
We love Epcot. There is so mch to do there! We usually plan 2 days there and 2 days at MK. We don't love AK (maybe because we're 15-20 minutes from the Bronx Zoo?). We don't usually plan to keep the kids out late as they are used to a pretty early bedtime. I find the still wake up early, even if we keep them up late. Then they're super cranky the next day!
We really like H&V for lunch. The buffet is quite edible and the Disney Junior characters are fun. I think the meal for the F! Dinner package is different (no characters, different food).

Amanda
Hey Amanda! We are really looking forward to Epcot now! We have two days planned there, and two at MK plus MNSSHP!! Can't wait!

My kiddos sleep pretty good on the go, but I'm not going to have my heart set on closing out the parks...when you travel with young kids you have to be flexible....

We don't have a very good zoo where we live, but I think the shows and EE for DS is what I'm most excited about!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #45
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Have you thought about doing the Kimmunicators at Epcot in World Showcase with your kids? Passports?
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
october 2011, pop, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: