Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #106
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After running out to the van for the phone and a quick picture, Claire and I went back into the restaurant and our food had arrived.

After we ate and were nice and full we headed back to Residence Inn, which was very close and easy to find.

We parked and made our way to our room. Claire, Mom and I got in the elevator, but Dad didnít for some strange reason. Mom worried he would have no clue where the room was, so I rode the elevator back down to fetch him. He was gone, so I assumed he found his way. I went to the room and sure enough he was there.
The room was nice, but nothing fancy. But it was very roomy and good a for a nights stay.
We walked in to a living room area with a kitchen as well.

The couch pulled out into a bed. I was told it was the most UNCOMFORTABLE thing ever. Sleeping on the floor mightíve been better. I had booked a room like this because we figured Claire would sleep on the couch bed. (back when Skip was coming) I think next time I will just book 2 queens since the couch bed was so awful.

We had a separate bedroom that had a king bed in it. Claire and I slept here. This bed was the MOST comfortable bed I have EVER slept on. It was like paradise laying on it.

The bathroom was right off the bedroom.

After we checked out the room a bit, I asked Claire if she wanted to go for a walk and check out the grounds. She wanted to swim, but I told her it was most likely closed due to the storm or time, but we would look. Mom decided to join us.

The pool was closed. Iím not sure of the reason though, because one side had cones and caution tape too.

I suppose that this would be a ďmishapĒ in Claireís mind.

I snapped some pictures here and there.

A few of the lobby.

And out by the fire. It was pretty.

We then headed back to the room and gave Claire a bath. I wanted to call Skip again, so Claire and I went for another walk and gave him a call. We walked around the whole building about 3 times and Claire thought that was the neatest thing.
Skip told me that one of his friends was calling him every time I updated on facebook and telling him what we were doing. LOL! (Skip doesnít do facebook, or really computers for that matter)

We laid down around 11 Pm and it took about another 30 minutes or so for Claire to go to sleep. We watched the news and they said the storm that had come through that day was the worst one since 1992. Finally we both fell asleep on the most comfy bed ever!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #107
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Residence Inn looks nice!
I love all of the space.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #108
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Residence Inn looks nice!
I love all of the space.
It was very roomy. I will definately stay here again in the future if we go on another cruise.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #109
WDWPrincess486
Mouseketeer

Loving your report so far! Claire is adorable

I love all things Disney, especially Disney Cruise Line and Aulani
Disney Wedding: April 20, 2013 at Disney's Wedding Pavilion and Grand Floridian Resort
Aulani: November 9 - 14, 2012 (joined Frankie on a trip for his work!)
Previous cruises: Disney Wonder (2006, 2007, 2008) - Bahamas; Disney Magic (2008) - Mexican Riviera

Our first cruise together was aboard the Disney Dream -- May 1 - 5, 2011 -- Bahamas
Our first cruise with my parents was aboard the Disney Fantasy -- May 26 - June 2, 2012 -- Western Caribbean
Our honeymoon will be aboard the Disney Magic -- June 27 - July 9, 2013 -- Mediterranean with Venice
Our next cruise with my parents will be aboard the Disney Fantasy -- November 16 - 23, 2013 -- Eastern Caribbean
WDWPrincess486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #111
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at a Residence Inn a couple of times and aside from the Hampton Inn & Suites, Residence has the most comfortable beds ever.

Claire is adorable. I would have called the tape around the pool a "mishap" too.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #112
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

The Residence Inn looks nice! I need to put that on my list of possible hotels for staying the night before a cruise!

Sorry about the uncomfortable sofa bed and for the comfortable bed in the master bedroom!
I love rooms that are spacey - that's why we enjoy to stay at OKW so much. Strange that they closed off the pool ...... I am with Claire on declaring it a mishap!

Can't wait for more!
(Going back to my own threads now, to answer posts and update! )
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #113
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just got caught up again. Ugggh.....what a pain in the rump that you had such a long flight delay.

The Residence Inn looks like a nice place to stay. I'm not a picky person when it comes to hotels. As long as it's clean and in a good neighborhood, I'm fine with it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #114
TiszBear
DIS Veteran

subscribing. Loving the report so far. And here I thought "mishaps" only happen to my family, nice to know we aren't the only ones.

Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.

TiszBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #115
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

Nice job so far! Can't wait for the rest!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #116
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We've stayed at a Residence Inn a couple of times and aside from the Hampton Inn & Suites, Residence has the most comfortable beds ever.

Claire is adorable. I would have called the tape around the pool a "mishap" too.
There were a few tears about no swimming that night, but she got over it quickly.
We stayed at another Residence Inn again later in the trip and those beds were great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
The Residence Inn looks nice! I need to put that on my list of possible hotels for staying the night before a cruise!

Sorry about the uncomfortable sofa bed and for the comfortable bed in the master bedroom!
I love rooms that are spacey - that's why we enjoy to stay at OKW so much. Strange that they closed off the pool ...... I am with Claire on declaring it a mishap!

Can't wait for more!
(Going back to my own threads now, to answer posts and update! )
I need to catch up on yours now!
I loved the spaciousness. With 4 people, 3 being adults it really was a Godsend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Just got caught up again. Ugggh.....what a pain in the rump that you had such a long flight delay.

The Residence Inn looks like a nice place to stay. I'm not a picky person when it comes to hotels. As long as it's clean and in a good neighborhood, I'm fine with it.
I'm not too picky either. But the beds aways are so awful for me. But now I know...stay at Residence Inns and I should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiszBear View Post
subscribing. Loving the report so far. And here I thought "mishaps" only happen to my family, nice to know we aren't the only ones.

Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.
Maybe it's only to families with a "Jennifer" in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpossible View Post
Nice job so far! Can't wait for the rest!
Thanks for reading. I'm working on an installment for my dining review now, so it might be a day or so before I can work on this one again.
I know everyone wants to see the Dream!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #117
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about all the mishaps but thats great that it wasn't your cruise day and you didn't have to stress about getting there. I can't wait to hear about the cruise!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #118
sws.london
Anglophile

I am enjoying the trip report. Thx How do I subscribe?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #119
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Just found that you started your TR! I am going to try to keep up to date.
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #120
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Sorry to hear about all the mishaps but thats great that it wasn't your cruise day and you didn't have to stress about getting there. I can't wait to hear about the cruise!
Whats a trip without mishaps? right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws.london View Post
I am enjoying the trip report. Thx How do I subscribe?
You just did. Thanks for joining! If you want email notifications when I post then make sure you have it set up in your account. (user CP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Just found that you started your TR! I am going to try to keep up to date.

Hi Tammy! Glad to see you around! I'm actually going a little slow right now. It might be a day or two before another updates as my photopass CD is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I am in charge of our share, so I'll have to go through and get those copies made.

Last edited by jenseib; 04-18-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: