Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #16
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Day 1-Continued...To the Parks!

Day 1 Continued-To the Parks!

After squaring away the car, lunch and the room we finally headed through Downtown Disney to the Parks. DS had decided to save his money so that he could buy something either at the Lego Store or at Ridemakers. This boy worked hard! We had him picking up pinecones on our hill for a dime a piece; he took care of the recycling; he worked at my parent's shop. Anyway, that little guy ended up saving over $50!

So we stopped at the Lego Store to see if we could spend some of that money that was burning a hole in his pocket:

After carefully combing through the entire store he ended up picking out some Ninjagos. Even after getting what he wanted he still had about $30 dollars left. Grandpa decided that if DS was willing to pony up the $30 dollars he would cover the rest to experience Ridemakers; however, we decided to save that for another day...we wanted to get to the parks!

So, purchase in hand we walked over to Disneyland. FINALLY! As per our custom, the family immediately took a left after Main Street and headed to frontier land...Tiki Room here we come! After watching the show, we took a ride on the Jungle Cruise:

Jungle Cruise completed, we then sent the boys over to Indiana Jones--of course they got rider-switch passes for us while we waited. The ride was running a 25 minute wait time...so we snuck over to Pirates of the Carribean while "waiting" for the boys to finish up! The timing was perfect! We were walking back to Indiana Jones just as they were walking out.

As my dad was walking out of the exit he ran into a friend of his from high school (who currently lives in Las Vegas)! They haven't seen eachother for about 5 years. So they caught up with eachother while DS, grandma and I rode Indiana Jones. They continued catching up, while we waited at the exit for them...and they continued catching up while we gently reminded him that we had 5pm reservations at the Big Thunder BBQ....

Catching up completed, we headed over for dinner at Big Thunder BBQ. My mom is a vegetarian and they were very accomodating. They brought out vegetable shish-ka-bobs, which I tried and were delish! We've eaten here before and I love the BBQ. It has ribs, chicken, sausage, cornbread, beans and coleslaw. You need to be hungry for this dinner because it is a lot of food!

After dinner, my parents offered to hang out with the kids so that DH and I could spend some time alone in the parks! DH and I headed over to DCA to ride Toy Story Mania, while my parents took the kids on Its a Small World:

After Toy Story Mania, we were wanting to hang out the family again. We knew that my parents were going to take the kids to the room to watch the fireworks and we didn't want to miss out on the action. So, we surprised them by showing up just in time for the fireworks (my parents thought we were crazy since we had only been out for about 2 hours without the kids). Here's some pictures of the fireworks from the room:

Downtown Disney at night:

The kids ready for bed:

After the fireworks (which was amazing to watch in the room by the way...an experience I will never forget) we decided to hit the sack. My parents offered to watch the kids if we wanted to go back out, but we opted to go to bed. We knew we were going to extra magic hours the next day and we wanted to be rested so that we could go on as many rides as we could.

April 2006-Disney World All Star Sports;April 2007-Disney World All Star Music; May 2009-Disney World All Star Music; June 2010-Disneyland (Embassey Suites); October 2010-Disneyland (Paradise Pier); February 2011-Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); May 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-Welcome Home!);October 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-ADULTS only!); January 2012; June 2012 (mother-son 4 mountain challenge); February 2013 (one day, one wheelchair); October 2013 (Adults Only)

Trip Report(s):

Back to the 'Land After So Many Years-June 2010--Completed]The Yr of the Annual Pass-The year starts October 2010!--Completed
jforever52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #17
jforever52
Mouseketeer

May Dining Update

May Dining Update

We've decided that we are going to try and save money this trip by eating in our studio as much as possible. With that in mind I am only planning on one park meal per day...We'll see how well that works out!!!!

Here is the tenative schedule:

May 9th-breakfast at River Belle Terrace (the kids need their Mickey Waffle Fix)

May 10th-lunch at the Hungry Bear (I'm excited to try the Fried Green Tomato Sandwhich)

May 11th- Dinner at Rancho Del Zocalo

May 12th-Lunch or Dinner at Lucky Fortune Cookery

May 13th-Dinner at Naples Ristorante (mmmm...pizza)

May 14th-LA Zoo day and BBQ at the Grand Californian in the evening

Any thoughts on these choices?

April 2006-Disney World All Star Sports;April 2007-Disney World All Star Music; May 2009-Disney World All Star Music; June 2010-Disneyland (Embassey Suites); October 2010-Disneyland (Paradise Pier); February 2011-Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); May 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-Welcome Home!);October 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-ADULTS only!); January 2012; June 2012 (mother-son 4 mountain challenge); February 2013 (one day, one wheelchair); October 2013 (Adults Only)

Trip Report(s):

Back to the 'Land After So Many Years-June 2010--Completed]The Yr of the Annual Pass-The year starts October 2010!--Completed
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #18
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Day 2-Extra Magic Morning

Day 2-Extra Magic Morning

We all go up early on February 12th to take full advantage of extra magic morning hours. Here are the kids waiting patiently for us to get out of the room:

After walking through Downtown Disney and the park entrance we made a beeline for Space Mountain. Here is DH, DS and me in the cue:

The first ride of the day:

After our ride through Space we switched out riders. DH, DS and my mom went back in to ride while DD played peek-a-boo:

Space mountain completed, we then walked over to Fantasy Land. First up, the teacups:

DH doesn't like the teacups at all, so he got in line for Dumbo while we road it. After we were done spinning I plopped DS in line with DH and watched them fly through the air on an elephant:

Then it was time to take a Wild Ride with Toad:

We then went on Snow White and Peter Pan. After finishing up the major Fantasy Land rides we decided to walk over to Big Thunder Mountain, but not before we tried our hand at removing that stubborn sword in the stone:

Up Next-Big Thunder, Family Fun Weekend and Pasta for Everyone!

Trip Report(s):

Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #19
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Day 2-Continued

Day 2 Continued-Family Fun Weekends

After finishing up with Fantasy Land we headed over to Big Thunder Railroad to see what the wait times were...only 15minutes! DH, DS and my dad rode the railroad while me, my mom and Maizy looked for a place to eat lunch. Unfortunately we were at that aukward time of the day where breakfast was finishing up and most of the lunch places were unavailable. River Belle Terrace was still in breakfast mode, the Golden Horseshoe wasn't open yet etc. We settled for some popcorn while we waited for the railroad to end. After the first group got done with the ride DH, DS and I went on it again!

About the time we were finished was the time we had been told the quick service restaurants would be available. So we walked over to Village Haus Restaurant for some lunch. Lunch consisted of burgers and pizza, which were not memorable, just okay. We were seriously hungry so I don't think it mattered much what we ate at all.

After we ate we decided to check out the festivities at the Family Fun Weekend Event that was occurring in the area just besides the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. This weekend was a celebration of Lunar New Year. On the way over we ran into Woody and Jesse:

Before we left Woody and Jesse decided to have a shoot out! It was really cute and there was a lot of smaller children around who thought it was the funniest.

Next up we walked into the Lunar New Year Celebration. The event had local vendors selling arts and crafts and there was a stage set up with performers. There was also a bunch of seats set out in the shade so that you could watch the festivities. We watched the program for about a half hour. They had some really pretty different dances that occurred with ribbons and fans...and swords!

We also met Mickey and Mickey who were all dressed up for the occasion:

The official Lunar New Year Celebration, led by Mulan, started. The group needed helpers with the ribbons, drums and umbrellas. DS got picked to help with the ribbons:

After the celebration ended. Mulan and Mooshoo stuck around for a meet and greet. Mooshoo (am I spelling that right?) is my husband's favorite character, so we HAD to meet them:

Family Fun Weekend finished, we decided to tackle the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean again. By this time the park was getting a little bit packed so we decided to head back to the hotel to try out the pool. On the way out we ran into these guys:

Before leaving the park DH ran up to the railroad station to see if Lilly Belle tickets were available. The CM told him that all the rides were full for the day but that it would be running tomorrow. We were told to go to the station first thing to get signed up. With that information in mind we headed back to the hotel!

Up next-California Adventure

Trip Report(s):

Old 04-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #20
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Just got done reading your report(s)!!! Your kids are cutie-pies!!

So a question......if the GCH doesn't have DVC rooms available, do they offer you rooms in the other resorts for a discounted price or even points?? I may have just mis-read.....but I thought this past trip you were doing the DVC studio.....but maybe that was for your next trip. We're kinda looking at the DVC but not sure we could really get our money's worth from doing it. The villas at the GCH would cost us 390 for a week. We could never buy in for that much & usually try to go yearly.......so still in the thinking it over process.

Great shot with Pinocchio & friends!! We've seen 3 of them, but not the cat on the right. Awesome to get multiple characters in one shot!!

You did the Mickey's Death....I mean.....Fun Wheel!! EEK......I won't go near that thing!!

So a question on the baby swap. We're going late November & have twins that can't/won't be doing a number of the rides. Which means my hubby & I are going to have to take turns taking the 6 & 10 yr old on our favorite rides. Our twins will be 4, but are delayed & autistic.....so rides aren't their thing at all. They'll tolerate IASW, the Teacups & POTC (just don't like the drops). I hate to think we have to go thru the long lines twice.

I'm so sorry to hear the news about your dad......my step-mom has been fighting cancer for 30 yrs.......not too many people can say that. Unfortunately, she's losing this last battle. I hope treatment is going well & pray for only good news!!!

Look forward to reading & seeing more!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #21
jforever52
Mouseketeer

I've tried to answer your questions as best I can below

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Just got done reading your report(s)!!! Your kids are cutie-pies!!

Thanks!!! I think they are pretty cute too!

So a question......if the GCH doesn't have DVC rooms available, do they offer you rooms in the other resorts for a discounted price or even points?? I may have just mis-read.....but I thought this past trip you were doing the DVC studio.....but maybe that was for your next trip. We're kinda looking at the DVC but not sure we could really get our money's worth from doing it. The villas at the GCH would cost us 390 for a week. We could never buy in for that much & usually try to go yearly.......so still in the thinking it over process.

If the GCH doesn't have availablility when we are looking to go down we usually go to either Paradise Pier or the Disneyland Hotel. We have tried to book GCH twice now and found no availability. It could be our timing; the trip we are taking in May is at GCH but I did book it 11 months in advance.

You can use points towards your stay at these hotels, but it costs more points to stay there. If you go to the DVC section of disboards you can usually track down the points sheets for 2011-2012 to help you with figuiring out what the point differential is. Another issue is that Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel both have a maximum occupancy of 4 adults and 1 child; this may mean that you need more than one room for your stay. It also sounds like a lot of people stagger their DVC use so that they buy less points, but use 2-3 yrs worth of points at one time for their vacation. This might be a good option if your family does Disney every other year. The DVC planning DVD is really helpful and FREE! You may want to order one.

Great shot with Pinocchio & friends!! We've seen 3 of them, but not the cat on the right. Awesome to get multiple characters in one shot!!

You did the Mickey's Death....I mean.....Fun Wheel!! EEK......I won't go near that thing!!

Yeah, you won't find me riding that one any time soon!!!

So a question on the baby swap. We're going late November & have twins that can't/won't be doing a number of the rides. Which means my hubby & I are going to have to take turns taking the 6 & 10 yr old on our favorite rides. Our twins will be 4, but are delayed & autistic.....so rides aren't their thing at all. They'll tolerate IASW, the Teacups & POTC (just don't like the drops). I hate to think we have to go thru the long lines twice.

I've found that the ride-swap goes pretty quickly. Typically you go throught the fast pass line; we've never waited longer than 15 minutes for the swapped rider to finish up. Some of the rides at DL have required me to walk up to the entrance with the stoller in order to get the rider-switch pass, while others have just let my hubby get it on his way in.

I'm so sorry to hear the news about your dad......my step-mom has been fighting cancer for 30 yrs.......not too many people can say that. Unfortunately, she's losing this last battle. I hope treatment is going well & pray for only good news!!!

Thanks for the well-wishes. We just found out that he starts treatment on the 26th. They are going to use stem-cell therapy to combat it this time around. We'll see how it goes!

Look forward to reading & seeing more!!

Trip Report(s):

Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #22
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Thank you so much for answering. I have ordered the DVC DVD, so should have that in the next 2 weeks. I'm not sure this is the way for us to go, as we are a family of 6 & it would take quite a few points for a stay. But we're going to investigate it more before deciding.

We've never done the baby swap, so this might be something to look into before our holiday trip.....we will probably need to do this!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #23
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Thank you so much for answering. I have ordered the DVC DVD, so should have that in the next 2 weeks. I'm not sure this is the way for us to go, as we are a family of 6 & it would take quite a few points for a stay. But we're going to investigate it more before deciding.

We've never done the baby swap, so this might be something to look into before our holiday trip.....we will probably need to do this!!

I hope it works out for your family....we have not regretted going DVC one bit! If you have any questions after you watch the DVD let me know, I'd be happy to help. If you like to use me as a referral you can as well!

Trip Report(s):

Old 04-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #24
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Day 2-Continued

Day 2 Continued-California Adventure, World of Color

After taking a break at the hotel to swim, we decided to head over to California Adventure to ride Monster's, Inc. before our dinner reservations at Wine country Trattoria. Noone in our family had ever ridden this ride...in fact before this trip, we hadn't even realized it existed!!!!

We walked through the Grand Californian to use its entrance to the park:

We waived goodbye to our "home" and promised to come back in May. After entering the park we headed over to Monster's, Inc.

Pictures from the cue:

And the ride:

I know, not the best quality...we must have been giddy with excitment over the "new" to us ride! After finishing it up we headed to our World of Color dinner reservations at Wine Country Trattoria. I shared by pasta with DD:

Me and DS:

The food was excellent! Everyone seemed to enjoy what they ordered (and what everyone else ordered as well). My favorite part of the meal was the pomagrantent-lemondade...try it!!!!

Now we have officially tried all three dining options for World of Color. I think Wine Country was my favorite. I really enjoyed the food as well as the restaraunt itself. It was nice to sit outside in the early evening and enjoy the meal. My least favorite was Ariel's Grotto...the food was not very good (especially the dessert) and the whole experience felt rushed. I also think that it is worth the cost to get the fast passes to World of Color...if you are planning on eating at sit-down restaraunts anyway.

Earlier in the day, DH had grabbed fastpasses for Soarin' so after eating we rode Soarin' before grabbing our spot for World of Color:

Here's the scenery:

I waited outside with DD while everyone else road. Then the rider-switch fast pass combo came into play. Woohoo! I rode with DS and my parents again while DH headed over to World of Color to reserve our spots. After riding we headed over to meet up with DH. He had scored us the exact same location as we had the time before! Perfect viewing in my opinion!

After the show....which was AMAZING, we headed over to the bumber cars in Bug's Land. I took DD on Heimlich's ride while everyone else finished up the bumper cars. I had thought it would be quick (the sign said 5 minute wait) but THEY ended up waiting for me!

Rides completed! We decided to head back to the hotel to watch the fireworks from the room. They did not dissapoint. Completely satisfied with our day we headed off to bed!

Next UP-Day 3-Toon Town, Savenger Hunts and Attempted Train Rides

Trip Report(s):

Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #25
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Day 3-Scavenger Hunt!!!

The morning of Day 3 we opted to get to the park and eat Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast. We entered the park and beelined for Blue Ribbon Bakery. After purchasing our rolls we sat down to eat and discuss our plan for the day. In October we had seen masses of people participating in a mouseears scavenger hunt. Originally, we had thought we might try to participate in an upcoming event but the timing wasn't going to work out. Mouseears allows you to purchase a past scavenger hunt for $25 off their website...which I did! We were going to split into 2 teams (boys v. girls); however, when my family (minus me!) looked over the contents of the scavenger hunt they got discouraged. It was REALLY hard!

I put the scavenger hunt on the back burner and we headed off to Toon Town:

As you can tell it was MATCHING SHIRT DAY!!!!

First up was Roger Rabbit:

Pictures from the cue

Your jewelery sure look sparkly under the pink lights!

The ride:

After exploring Toon Town, we headed back to It's a Small World. When we exited the ride we were approached by a family on their own scavenger hunt. They needed to take a picture with a group in matching T-Shirts. We were happy to oblige!

Next up was Autotopia. DD had fallen asleep, so my mom and dad waited outside the ride with her while we went on it with DS:

Picture of me waiting for DH to exit the ride:

After the ride we headed over to Blue Bayou for lunch. My parents had never eaten there and had specifically requested we go there. We checked in and were seated within 10 minutes....right on the water! The food was excellent. DH and I split the Gumbo, which was the perfect amount of food. DD woke up right when we got there and was GRUMPY...needless to say it was a difficult meal for me, but everybody else had a great time.

After lunch my family decided they wanted to do part of the scavenger hunt. One of the quizes gave you pictures of different iron railings in New Orleans Square. Your job was to find the street address of each of the railings. These street numbers corresponded with a letter that you used to solve a puzzle. We worked on the puzzle for about a half-hour. It was a lot of fun and we completed it!

By that time the park was PACKED! We headed to main street to attempt another puzzle...this time it was to find certain items listed throughout the windows in Main Street.

Up Next-We get 5 family fastpasses, just for doing a good deed!!!

Trip Report(s):

Old 05-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #26
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Day 3 Continued

Day 3-The hunt continues and a BIG reward!

Okay, so when I left off we were traveling to Main Street to do another section of our scavenger hunt book. On the way we stopped at the restrooms. My dad found a pin lanyard in the stall. He brought it out with him and upon further inspection we noticed that the owner had put a phone number on it to call if it was found. We immediately called...and got the lanyard's owner's dad (since the owner was a 5 year old boy). Apparantly, the owner had been EXTREMELY upset about losing his pin lanyard. We arranged to drop it off at the lost and found location at the front of the park.

Crisis adverted for an unknown family we headed down Main Street in search of our scavenger hunt items. About 1/2 way through our hunt most of us decided to divert to Moments with Mr. Lincoln (DH doesn't care for this attraction and opted to finish the scavenger hunt on his own). The last time I saw this I remember wearing headphones...there used to be a very cool part where they discussed cutting Lincoln's hair...no headphones but still enjoyable. We left feeling super patriotic.

After seeing the show we turned in the lanyard. We gave the CM the owner's information and asked him to take a picture of us. He told us to wait a moment and left us outside. He reimmerged with 5 family fastpasses. These passes get a maximum of six people into most rides (Toy Story Mania was excluded) through the fast pass entrance. If the ride doesn't have fast passes then you simply walk up the entrance to gain instant admission!!!!! We were SO excited about these passes. Prior to receiving them we had discussed heading back to the pool because the park was so crowded, but the passes gave us renewed energy.

We headed over to the Matterhorn (which was posting a 2 hr wait) and completed the whole thing (including a rider-switch) in about 20 minutes. This is what a family fastpass does to your mood:

After the Matterhorn it was Buzz Lightyear to the rescue:

I won by the way!

After Buzz Lightyear we headed to Haggendaaz before treading to California Adventure:

When we finished our icecream we went to California Adventure to ride Soarin' one more time. Then it was over to Screamin'! Only DS, my dad and I wanted to ride the ride, so we grabbed a family of three and took them along with us.

By that time, it was time to go over to Ridemakerz, so we handed off our one remaining fast pass to a family of 6 we passed on the way out of the park. The boys went to build a Mustang while my mom and I did some shopping in Downtown Disney:

I picked up some Easter and Birthday presents for the kids and my mom got some makeup. Ridemakerz was REALLY cool! Even though it was busy, DS got some really special attention from the workers and ended up with a really cool remote control car.

Then it was time to leave:

The next morning we picked up my parents car. Before leaving LA we drove to Galco's to buy some vintage soda pop. This store was amazing!!!! We left with about 20 bottles of vintage soda...which tasted delicious!

Whew!!! What a great trip it was...and the trip report is finished just in time for us to leave for our May 2011 Trip! Updates soon I promise!

Trip Report(s):

Old 05-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #27
jlindley9
Permanecer sentados, por favor

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your reports. We're from Elk Grove, so just down the road.

I noticed that we were at DLR the same weekend in February! I tried looking for us in the background of your pictures, but no luck!

Have a safe and fun trip next week!

(me) (DW) (DD8) (DS3)

"Life is so much easier when you are nice to people"

-------------------------------------------------
jlindley9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #28
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindley9 View Post
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your reports. We're from Elk Grove, so just down the road.

I noticed that we were at DLR the same weekend in February! I tried looking for us in the background of your pictures, but no luck!

Have a safe and fun trip next week!
Thanks for the well-wishes neighbor! I like to scan pictures from other's trip reports that correspond with our dates for candids of our family...haven't found us yet, but I'll keep looking!

Trip Report(s):

Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #29
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Let the May Madness Begin-Day 1

Arriving at the Park-Sunday, May 8, 2011

After almost a year of waiting, our week-long trip to Disneyland was here!!!! Technically, our travel began on Saturday, May 7, 2011. We left to spend the night at my in-laws house (to cut about 2 hrs off of the drive time). The plan was as follows: the girls (ie. me and DD) would fly to Orange County and catch a bus to the Grand Californian) the boys (DH and DS) would drive...taking an epic man-trip down I-5. We had timed our departure so that we would be arriving within an hour or so of each other.

On Sunday, May 8th we all got up early and prepared to leave. My gracious mother-in-law drove me and DD to the airport; we left around 4am. I got a call while in transit that the boys had left around 4:30am...the man-trip had begun!

My flight left at 7:30am. There was only 17 people on the flight (of 147 seats). DD and I got to spread our legs and enjoy the flight. This was espcially great because it was unexpected--DD was riding as a lap child. Southwest gave out mother's day cards (sealed in plastic with an envelope--I guess I can use it next year?). The only hick-up was that Southwest requested proof that DD was under 2. I hadn't thought this would be an issue and unfortunately I didn't have anything on me!!!! Thankfully they let us board the plane. When I was reunited with my purse I found a medical identification card with her birthdate on it and used that for the return trip.

Upon arrival at John Wayne International Airport, DD and I caught a bus to the Grand Californian. We arrived about 10:00am. The place was packed!!!! Pirates of the Carribean had premirred the night before and as a result the lobby was hoppin'! In addition, there was a ton of mom's and families headed to Storytellers for mother's day brunch. DD and I checked in and requested a room with a view (if it was available). The CM said that he could find one for us; he then took my cell phone number and said that we would receive a text with our room number when the room was ready. DD and I set out to find some food at Whitewater snacks. On the way we saw the actress who played Billie on Days of Our Lives (sorry I can't remember her name), walking to brunch at Storytellers!!!!

After eating a bagel and some grapes, DD and I decided to hang out at the fire pit while we waited for the man-trip to end:

The firepit (sorry, taken by iPhone and note the best quality):

DD in her rocker:

We also expored the hotel (these pictures were taken later in the week, but they make sense to show here):

The lobby had a pianist playing soothing Disney music, which was needed considering the fact that the ENTIRE lounge was beginning to fill up with people waiting for rooms.

About 11am I got a call from DH. They were in Anaheim. I explained that the room wasn't ready and that we should leave our stuff in the car and go the parks for awhile. DH had it in his mind that he was unpacking EVERYTHING immediately....about 20 minutes later DH and DS arrive pushing a stroller piled with stuff about as tall as my husband is (and he is 6'5"). It had all of our luggage, pillows, toys and food we had packed from home in addition to all the electronics--computer, Nintendo DS. It was hilarous!!!

He arrives, and I tell him no room yet. I check on the room. I tell him no room yet. So we immediately go about the business of actually packing our stuff in the bags so that we can shut up the zippers. This takes about 15 minutes. Once completed we check our stuff with the bell hop, stop at WhiteWater to get some food for the boys, and then head to the parks!!!

Up next: a short visit to DCA and do we EVER get our room?

Trip Report(s):

Last edited by jforever52; 08-12-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #30
stubby
Mouseketeer

Following along. Was the actress Lisa Rinna? Or "the other one'? I love Lisa Rinna as she was the original.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: