Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #151
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

More!More!! More!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #152
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

see i told you they are worried about icebergs in the carribean. Katie loves the pools.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #153
whitfive
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
More!More!! More!!!
I agree...MORE PLEASE! I am checking this thread WAY too often...waiting....waiting.....

I LOVE your perspective..very funny! Must be the Carolina air!
Michelle

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #154
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Your door did look great. My kids stayed in the lab the whole time also. Shawn checked out the club for about 10 minutes and said it was for little kids.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #155
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Your door decorations are awesome!
I must say that I'm like you--must unpack my stuff and settle into my new "home" immediately! Having a drink of the day might also make me feel settled...

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #156
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Great update, I loved your door decorations - did you pre-print them or were they an 'aft'erthought

Is that a new thing that you don't have to wear your lifejackets to the drill? You always used to have to wear them and keep them on until you got back to your stateroom
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #157
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I like your use of the word "aftest."

As for the inside muster station, in the event of an emergency your life jacket will change from gray to orange and Mickey will use his Fantasmic! powers to defeat the witch (maybe Ursula?) sinking your ship.
Oh, Craig, you just put all my fears to rest! Now if only Mickey had been there for Kate and Leo......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags08 View Post
You are so silly! I was sitting here giggling at my computer like a crazy person!

Oh - and your door looked great!
Thanx! I giggle when I write it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
More!More!! More!!!
How do you like it? How do you like it? Wasn't there a song that went like that?

"More more more! How do you like it, how do you like it?" I'm thinking from the disco era..... not that I'm old enough to remember that. I just heard about it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
see i told you they are worried about icebergs in the carribean. Katie loves the pools.
The pools are tiny but perfect. Icebergs....... who said there were icebergs in the Caribbean?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitfive View Post
I agree...MORE PLEASE! I am checking this thread WAY too often...waiting....waiting.....

I LOVE your perspective..very funny! Must be the Carolina air!
Michelle
Carolina Girl - best in the world!!!! Right?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Your door did look great. My kids stayed in the lab the whole time also. Shawn checked out the club for about 10 minutes and said it was for little kids.
Funny thing is that Ally said they liked going to the club when the slide was open. It's funny watching them at this age. They want to grow up, yet they don't want to let go..... I say hang onto childhood as long as possible! I never gave up on mine! See.... Peter Pan got to me, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Your door decorations are awesome!
I must say that I'm like you--must unpack my stuff and settle into my new "home" immediately! Having a drink of the day might also make me feel settled...
A DOTD helps with EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great update, I loved your door decorations - did you pre-print them or were they an 'aft'erthought

Is that a new thing that you don't have to wear your lifejackets to the drill? You always used to have to wear them and keep them on until you got back to your stateroom
I love it!!!! Now get your own line........

From what I understand, the not wearing lifejackets is a new thing. But this was our first cruise so I was totally clueless......

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #158
denisea51
Mouseketeer

You really ARE a trendsetter. Today on Nate Berkus show, Diane Von Furstenburger was on and her hanger straps were hanging out. I quickly thought of you. I'm enjoying your TR and can't wait for you to continue.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #159
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome door decorations!! I'm afraid mine will be totally covered like that too, I just can't narrow them down!

How old is Ally? My youngest will be 11 in September and I'm really afraid he is going to think the kids club is for babies and he won't want to hang out there, but maybe if I can show him other kids around his age that had fun he'll be more up for it.

Good to know that you had all the information you needed to stay safe in an emergency
Old 04-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #160
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisea51 View Post
You really ARE a trendsetter. Today on Nate Berkus show, Diane Von Furstenburger was on and her hanger straps were hanging out. I quickly thought of you. I'm enjoying your TR and can't wait for you to continue.
Yup, Di called me and asked what to wear.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Awesome door decorations!! I'm afraid mine will be totally covered like that too, I just can't narrow them down!

How old is Ally? My youngest will be 11 in September and I'm really afraid he is going to think the kids club is for babies and he won't want to hang out there, but maybe if I can show him other kids around his age that had fun he'll be more up for it.

Good to know that you had all the information you needed to stay safe in an emergency
The Lab is for 7-10 year olds, and that's where Ally hung out the most. If your son will be 11 on the cruise, I think he'd want to hang in the Tween club - if you're on the Magic it's The Edge. And those kids were having a BLAST on the cruise.

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #161
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

I love love love your TR so far! It is so funny - it's very hard not to laugh out loud at work

can't wait to read more!
stinksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #162
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
The Lab is for 7-10 year olds, and that's where Ally hung out the most. If your son will be 11 on the cruise, I think he'd want to hang in the Tween club - if you're on the Magic it's The Edge. And those kids were having a BLAST on the cruise.
Well, we're cruising in June so he won't be 11 yet. We're on the Dream and the Club and Lab are both listed as 3-10. I think I may just try to get an exception for him to go to the Edge anyway...
Old 04-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #163
999ghostslover
DIS Veteran

Love your muster mess. Great update! The room looks so nice. We have only cruised on Norwegian and those staterooms are like coffins. The bathrooms are like a 1 piece so everything gets wet when you shower. There is no separation from toilet sink area to shower area. Just a drain hole in the middle. Not cool. I really hope my kids love the children's programs. But like I told my TA today if I'm not afraid to leave them hollering in the kids club at the Y while I work out I'm not afraid to leave them on the ship either!
999ghostslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:09 AM   #164
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Lovin' your aftiness! We are going to be quite forward - I hope we don't offend anyone. It looks like someone ran off with your Steamer trunk I thought everyone had one on Magic?
I hope the captain knows how lucky he was, to get a pic with you!
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #165
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
I love love love your TR so far! It is so funny - it's very hard not to laugh out loud at work

can't wait to read more!
Sounds very irresponsible to read TRs at work. I mean, just imagine if I were to write this while I was.... wait, scratch that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Well, we're cruising in June so he won't be 11 yet. We're on the Dream and the Club and Lab are both listed as 3-10. I think I may just try to get an exception for him to go to the Edge anyway...
My only fear is a very young 11 year old hanging out with 13 year olds in Edge. That is my fear if we cruise again next year right when Ally turns 11.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999ghostslover View Post
Love your muster mess. Great update! The room looks so nice. We have only cruised on Norwegian and those staterooms are like coffins. The bathrooms are like a 1 piece so everything gets wet when you shower. There is no separation from toilet sink area to shower area. Just a drain hole in the middle. Not cool. I really hope my kids love the children's programs. But like I told my TA today if I'm not afraid to leave them hollering in the kids club at the Y while I work out I'm not afraid to leave them on the ship either!
I've heard that DCL has the largest staterooms when it comes to inside rooms. Not sure how they compare to oceanview and verandah staterooms. The bathroom was great. It was so nice to have that split design so two of us could get ready at the same time. The Dream cabins are considerably smaller though from what I've read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Lovin' your aftiness! We are going to be quite forward - I hope we don't offend anyone. It looks like someone ran off with your Steamer trunk I thought everyone had one on Magic?
I hope the captain knows how lucky he was, to get a pic with you!
I have no idea what a steamer trunk is? I did read that we had no steamer trunk before we even left - cause being the good little DISer, I researched our cabin.....

Ah, Captain John. Yes, he seemed quite taken with the McSparklesons. But then, so was Gopher McCoy, the cruise director. They were all waiting in line to have their pics taken with US!

Tammie, don't be so forward or someone in my cabin might become upset and open a can of whoop aft!

Who knew the word AFT could be so much fun?????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: