Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #736
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
HI Bret,
Looks like fun! What is TP? Is this a type of busyness indicator for the park?

If you can't get into Le Cellier at EPCOT I'd recommend Tutto Italia Ristorante in Italy. We were very pleased with that this past December.

Why aren't you spending a full day at IoA? Just curious.

TK
I don't know why I am writing this post while I am at DL.

TP is touring plans it is a website that gives out good info at WDW and DL. It shows a crowd predictions on these days and it is a good information to help me plan which park to go etc.

I will look into that restaurant TK. This time I am hoping of doing more restaurants while I am at WDW. I might also have to get a TiW card so I can save some money.

All of my group only wants to go to IoA for Harry Potter World and they don't care about the other activities at IoA. As you know from my last TR, I barely did anything else out there. So I thought we could do IoA on one half day while we go to back to WDW the second day.

I really liked the ne
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #737
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Are you going to stay offsite again? The days to avoid are based on what has EMH. So if you stay onsite you go to them anyway to use EMH, if you stay offsite you do the opposite. Only special events change that, like Christmas and Trick or Treat Parties or Star Wars Weekends.

Mainly I wouldn't go to MK all day. Split it up for the above reasoning.

I didn't follow Le Cellier too well, was Le Cellier down your last trip when they redid the restaurant? It's a signature now. Have some choup. If you don't know what choup is, it's not on the menu as choup, just ask and I'll tell you what it is.
Yes, my group is planning on staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort again this December. I looked on the dates that had EMH and avoid them since we can't stay during those times. I would like to stay on-site again, but it is nice to stay at the resort.

I am planning on doing MVMCP on Sunday which is my birthday and another night so my group can see Wishes and DEP. They have miss it since it moved to WDW last year.

I wanted to do Le Cellier last year, but it was already booked and I tried to see if they had any openings during my trip with no luck. I'll look forward to what Choup means.

My goodness, yesterday was so ugly while today is a little chilly but very nice weather.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #738
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Yes, my group is planning on staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort again this December. I looked on the dates that had EMH and avoid them since we can't stay during those times. I would like to stay on-site again, but it is nice to stay at the resort.

I am planning on doing MVMCP on Sunday which is my birthday and another night so my group can see Wishes and DEP. They have miss it since it moved to WDW last year.

I wanted to do Le Cellier last year, but it was already booked and I tried to see if they had any openings during my trip with no luck. I'll look forward to what Choup means.

My goodness, yesterday was so ugly while today is a little chilly but very nice weather.
Cheese + Soup = choup.

Weather looks to be getting much better considering how bad it was.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #739
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cheese + Soup = choup.

Weather looks to be getting much better considering how bad it was.
I see Lol

The weather is way better than yesterday, well especially up on the grapevine. It was hailing at the top and I have seen a lot of accidents up there. It was scary, I got there in one piece. Today is just a little chilly, but not that bad. Way better than yesterday.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #740
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – April 9, 2011 – Part 1

Now it's time for another TR to DL again. After 1 1/2 months away from DL, its time to go back there and enjoy another time. But first, the reason I am there in Anaheim is to compete in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Tournament that was held at the Anaheim Convention Center. It was fun and it was also very crowded at the ACC because of the Cheer competition. I will talk about that later on my TR.

Since I didn't get to Anaheim late Friday night, nothing happened that night at DL. So I will show you the pictures of the BW Anaheim Inn which is only a few hotels down right by BWPPI. This was a very nice hotel and has all the standards.

Now is time to get to the TR on Satuday.

Day 1 – April 9, 2011 – Part 1

After a miserable day of getting to Anaheim on Friday night, I am all rested up and about to participate in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament at the ACC. But first, I decided to head on over to DL and do a few things before I went over to the ACC.

I left the BW Anaheim Inn at 8am and got to the park at 8:10am. It was a nice day with barely any clouds and not as crowded in the morning. The first thing I did was head on over to INDY and get a FP. After that I just walk around Frontierland and see some areas that I like to go. I have barely taken any pictures so mostly I will be writing about it.

After going around Frontierland, I decided to head on over to TL and go on BLAB. When I finished that ride I had a 900,000 point game, I was kind of disappointed that I did not break the 1,000,000 point mark, but it is a good score.

It was already crowded this morning when SM was already at a 25 minute wait.

Than I just walked around the park and take a lot of different pics of everything.

I had to get some pics of the Matterhorn.

Very interesting when I got to IASW, it was already 8:45am and the clock wasn't showing. I was curious if it was broken or something.

Then when I got to BT Ranch, the Sneak Peak of the POTC was happening this month. It was just a shame, I just didn't have the time to do everything on this trip.

After walking around the back, I went to CC and see that nothing has changed since they have closed the land in February. The Fred Gurley with Holiday 5 car set was passing over CC.

Splash still closed during this time and won't be opened till when I get back to DL in late May.

After finishing up in CC, I head on over to TL and get another FP. I past through the different areas around DL and had to get some pics. Also there was something very interesting that Saturday morning when a TV crew was on the left side of SB castle. I asked a CM right around that area and said what was going on and she said that they were filming a commercial. I don't know what commercial it was, but it was neat to see that.

Matterhorn Mountain

Monorail Mark VII Orange

Than it was almost close to 9:30, so I head on out of DL and head on over to DCA.

I will get back to the TR another day.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 04-17-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:34 AM   #741
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Wonder if the commercial filming was for Summer Nightastic.

I'm guessing no, you didn't happen to take a peek into the Splash exit did you?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:39 AM   #742
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wonder if the commercial filming was for Summer Nightastic.

I'm guessing no, you didn't happen to take a peek into the Splash exit did you?
Maybe someone went on Saturday and know what has happened, but the resort did interview guests at the park. I have seen some regular guests in the area and were talking to some CMs.

I actually did see the exit towards Splash, but it was only blocked by that fence.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #743
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hi Bret,
What a beautiful morning at DL. Love you pictures of the Matterhorn. Your 900,000 score on BLAB is impressive! Looking forward to what you were able to do at DCA this morning!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #744
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Bret,
What a beautiful morning at DL. Love you pictures of the Matterhorn. Your 900,000 score on BLAB is impressive! Looking forward to what you were able to do at DCA this morning!
The morning on Saturday was so nice after it was raining on Saturday. I should have got over 1,000,000 points during the game. When I was in the Zurg area, the secret target did not light up when I shoot it in the middle of the chest. I don't know why it doesn't light up in the morning. When I played it in the afternoon, I had got over 1,000,000 points because of hitting that secret target. I will tell you shortly of what happen that Saturday morning at DCA.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #745
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
The morning on Saturday was so nice after it was raining on Saturday. I should have got over 1,000,000 points during the game. When I was in the Zurg area, the secret target did not light up when I shoot it in the middle of the chest. I don't know why it doesn't light up in the morning. When I played it in the afternoon, I had got over 1,000,000 points because of hitting that secret target. I will tell you shortly of what happen that Saturday morning at DCA.
How much is that target worth? 100K?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #746
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – April 9, 2011 – Part 2

Day 1 – April 9, 2011 – Part 2

Now is the time to get back to the TR.

After being in DL for just about an hour, I am now heading on over to DCA and get my FP for WoC. I wasn't planning on seeing WoC that night, but just in case if it was raining or high winds I cannot see RDCT. It was around 9:25am and there were quite a few people waiting at the turnstile when DCA opens at 9:30.

While I was walking toward the front entrance of DCA, the Pan-Pacific gate is now taking shape as when I was there in February, it was just steel being placed. Now all of a sudden it is getting better and better.

Then I got inside DCA and was about to head on over to GRR for a FP, I had to get some pics of the Carthay Circle Theatre. It is so nice to see the theater now taking shape after clearing the whole area.

When I got to GRR and got my FP for WoC which was a blue as expected when you get to the park when it opens.

I just left the park and headed on over to the Anaheim Convention Center to play in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Tournament. I know that it was disappointing to leave the park this early in the morning, but I did commit myself to come out here in Anaheim and play in the tournament. On the way out of DCA, I did get some pics of the Carthay Circle Theatre on the way out and some usual pics that we see all the time. But I did went back in the park later during the day. That will be another time when I write this TR.

I left DCA around 9:40am and now headed on to the ACC for the tournament. On the way, there were a lot of young girls for the cheer competition also at the ACC. They were all excited to be competing in the competition and were also in the park in the morning. The cheer competition was on the first floor and the Yu-Gi-Oh tournament was on the third floor. So at least the tournament was away from the cheer competition. I just got there in time to enter the tournament.

Around three rounds, I wasn't doing so well and I decided to drop from the tournament. After that, I decided to leave the event and head on back to my room so I can go back to DL. I also got to see an old face when I went back to DCA but that will be another day.

YCS Tournament on the 3rd Floor

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 04-17-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #747
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How much is that target worth? 100K?
You are correct.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #748
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Did you see any people cheating? Like at the table over looking at people's hands and signaling to the person playing that person? How about using cellphones?

I'm surpised they just lined up the tables that tight in the big room. Cool cieling though. Not like some warehouse style convention rooms.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:31 AM   #749
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you see any people cheating? Like at the table over looking at people's hands and signaling to the person playing that person? How about using cellphones?

I'm surpised they just lined up the tables that tight in the big room. Cool cieling though. Not like some warehouse style convention rooms.
Oh yeah, I have seen players cheat in this game. Like stacking, putting multiple cards that are limited in a deck, etc. Mostly it is the very experience players that do the cheating than the average or novice since they know how stack there decks with a good hand. During these tournaments, we are not allowed to use our cellphones or portable electronics except for calculators to keep track of the life points.

Everytime I go and play at one of these tournaments and make it tight in the room. The third floor of the convention center is very nice and I am looking forward to go back there during the D23 Expo in August.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #750
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Oh yeah, I have seen players cheat in this game. Like stacking, putting multiple cards that are limited in a deck, etc. Mostly it is the very experience players that do the cheating than the average or novice since they know how stack there decks with a good hand. During these tournaments, we are not allowed to use our cellphones or portable electronics except for calculators to keep track of the life points.

Everytime I go and play at one of these tournaments and make it tight in the room. The third floor of the convention center is very nice and I am looking forward to go back there during the D23 Expo in August.
Expo will be really interesting. I'm wondering since they have already spoken about the DCA expansion and working with the city of Anahiem on changing the parking. What big news could they deliver?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: