Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #136
nacho1337
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post

Hey Stephen, so pleased to have you and Becky aboard again - we seem to have the exact same taste in cruises - this will be cruise number 3 won't it?

Yes it is number 3. 2008 panama, 2010 transatlantic and this one.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #137
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho1337 View Post
Yes it is number 3. 2008 panama, 2010 transatlantic and this one.
So you are keeping count too

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #138
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimStaR View Post
Howdy everyone! I have been on the first two Podcast cruises and I am currently booked for 3.0. I am debating whether or not I should "jump ship" and transfer to 4.0 Does anyone know what the weather is USUALLY like in this area in December. I am scared because of the weather we had on 3.0 (cold and WINDY!). I am afraid of the risk I take in booking a trip at this time. Was that completely unusual, or is there a decent chance the weather could be like that again in the Carribbean?

Also, for those of you who have transfered to 4.0 from 3.0, have you found the pricing to be cheaper, the same, or more?

Thanks so much everyone!!
Hi KimStaR...I think I remember you from 2.0....I jumped ship to 4.0 after doing some research..I'm not very good in the high heat, and the thought of going in June concerned me...I found out that the Carribbean is somewhat warmer than the Bahamas...I think I saw that the average temperature in December was around 80..that works for me. For our group, 4.0 turned out to be cheaper for us...we are a family of 4 this time.

Would love to have you on this cruise, so if you decide to jump ship....then Welcome.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #139
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Hello Fellow Cruisers !!! I got back yesterday....the weather was great...92 every day, except for the last one...it was 94. No Rain...and beautiful clear skys....I got a little sun burn, but not enough to worry about...I'm a huge pin collector...and there was this one pin that I've been searching for, for over 3 years now.....I finally found it on Friday, at EPCOT...I was thrilled. Now, I can take them off my lanyard, and start another series to hunt down....it was frustrating, but I really enjoyed the hunt !!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #140
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Hello Fellow Cruisers !!! I got back yesterday....the weather was great...92 every day, except for the last one...it was 94. No Rain...and beautiful clear skys....I got a little sun burn, but not enough to worry about...I'm a huge pin collector...and there was this one pin that I've been searching for, for over 3 years now.....I finally found it on Friday, at EPCOT...I was thrilled. Now, I can take them off my lanyard, and start another series to hunt down....it was frustrating, but I really enjoyed the hunt !!!
Welcome back! I am a little concerned that it will be humid by the time we get down there in 4 weeks. If it is 90 and not humid then I am okay.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #141
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great trip, but low to mid 90s in April is TOO hot for me! I'll be there 2 weeks from now, and I hope it cools off a bit.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #142
KimStaR
this water smells like splash mountain

Quote:
Hi KimStaR...I think I remember you from 2.0....I jumped ship to 4.0 after doing some research..I'm not very good in the high heat, and the thought of going in June concerned me...I found out that the Carribbean is somewhat warmer than the Bahamas...I think I saw that the average temperature in December was around 80..that works for me. For our group, 4.0 turned out to be cheaper for us...we are a family of 4 this time.

Would love to have you on this cruise, so if you decide to jump ship....then Welcome.
Hey Hey. Thank you for your response. Still undecided, but leaning towards 3.0 I think. I want it to definitely be nice and warm and not cool or cold at all, and it seems the consensus is Florida, and Castaway have a chance of being cool... and althought it would be super to try the new Itin... I don't want to risk not having a nice HOT vacay! Still thinking though... Thanks again!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #143
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Just a picture to keep us all interested:

Old 04-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #144
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Absolutely, I'm a (possible) Cruise Newbie

Hi All,

This may be the wrong thread, so I apologize in advance if I've highjacked it. (Feel free to redirect me or I'll gladly start a new thread.)

I'm exploring the idea of going on a cruise, but, I am an obsessive planner and I'm hoping the boards can assist me with cruise planning as much as it has helped with WDW planning.

I've never been on cruise or even researched the option before. Price wise, how will/does the 2012 Fantasy Podcast Cruise 4.0 compare against direct booking or other cruises.

Thanks in advance!
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #145
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

On Disney you won't find a difference in pricing between different TA's or directly from Disney. So send a request for a quote for this cruise by filling out the information at this page
Old 04-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #146
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieDplus3 View Post
Hi All,

This may be the wrong thread, so I apologize in advance if I've highjacked it. (Feel free to redirect me or I'll gladly start a new thread.)

I'm exploring the idea of going on a cruise, but, I am an obsessive planner and I'm hoping the boards can assist me with cruise planning as much as it has helped with WDW planning.

I've never been on cruise or even researched the option before. Price wise, how will/does the 2012 Fantasy Podcast Cruise 4.0 compare against direct booking or other cruises.

Thanks in advance!
There are no additional costs involved with booking through a travel agency. DCL does not allow travel agents to charge more or less for their product.

If you are interested in participating in the Podcast 4.0 events, you must book through Dreams Unlimited Travel.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #147
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

It's EASTER - you shouldn't be working Kevin. Hope all of you have a great day!

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #148
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Just a picture to keep us all interested:

Like we were at risk of lost interest... But that is a nice pic.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #149
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

Frankie, if you want to cruise on the Fantasy and you want to go in December, book with Dreams Unlimited and join us on PCC 4.0.
Cruise prices vary by season and type of cabin. Price for PCC 4.0 is not "special", but there will likely be "special" events and treats. (John or Kevin, correct me if I am wrong)

If you want general cruise info, read and post questions on the cruise forum thread. Lots of great help there!

Last edited by mainegal; 04-25-2011 at 01:11 AM.
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #150
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

I have to respectfully disagree with the statement that the price for the Podcast cruises are not special. Group pricing is lower than the regular prices offered by cruise lines.

I just now compared pricing on disneycruise.com and the podcast cruise booking engine. For 2 adults is a Catagory 11A on the December 8, 2012 Fantasy sailing, the price on the podcast cruise booking engine was $300 lower than the price quote on disneycruise.com

I personally feel that a $300 savings on a vacation is great. Also, if you take any DIS experiences into account......I'd say a DIS cruise is pretty special, in both experience and value.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: