Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #91
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Wasn't everyone on the ship from Ohio? Sure seemed that way.
Yes, I saw so many people from the Cleveland area.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #92
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Kara, loving your TR as always

DizzyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #93
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

awesome magic ms mcsparkleson! so the real question is does that dog tag still work for Ally? If so I WANT ONE!! LOL....with this warm weather my kids have become wanderers...

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #94
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post

Hey that is Shawn (kid with his chin on the railing) looking at the ship.

Funny thing about Ally seeing someone from your neighborhood - we did. At dinner the first night Shawn said - "Hey that kid rides my bus" - and I said, "Yea, right". Then the kid waved to Shawn. So we went over and I recognized the mom and she said to me hey your on the PTO. Small world.
Not only is that Shawn in the photo, but he is the one who came over and asked us to show him where the Oceaneers Club was on the model!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Wasn't everyone on the ship from Ohio? Sure seemed that way.
I know I saw one or two Buckeye shirts! I think packed more thinking they'd be in the NCAA final game!!! Even though I've moved a few times, I'm still a Buckeye at heart!

In fact, we met a man who was on a Celebration cruise with his family to celebrate his wife's life - she passed away last year from breast cancer. He currently lived in Columbus, OH, but he spent time in Anderson, SC which is just down the road from us. It really is a "small world" in so many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Yes, I saw so many people from the Cleveland area.
And C-bus, and Cincy......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyErin View Post
Kara, loving your TR as always
Thanx Erin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
awesome magic ms mcsparkleson! so the real question is does that dog tag still work for Ally? If so I WANT ONE!! LOL....with this warm weather my kids have become wanderers...
Warm weather in Minneapolis? What, did it finally get above freezing???

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #95
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

So much fun seeing your pics of the Terminal! It looks pozitively SPARKLY!!!! I love the SUPERSTAH pic. Can't wait to see the story for that one. Poor Ally
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #96
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

yes the weather actually is warm enough for the Koi pond to be open. The ice should be going out any day now and we can get the docks in at the cabin. C'mon spring!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #97
JaxJags08
DIS Veteran

Great start, Kara! I'm taking notes for the day I finally get to cruise on DCL...going to check prices now...
JaxJags08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #98
Debbie6221
I do believe hangers are against me!

Great report so far! Thanks for sharing!

Our trips since 2002……
I had DD in November2002 ......Let the FUN begin! OCTOBER2003 GF DD's 1st trip OCTOBER2004 GF MAY2005 POP & POLYOCTOBER2006 GF DS's 1st Trip & 1st Birthday JUNE2007 AKL My 40thBirthday NOVEMBER2007 GF DDs 5th Birthday SEPTEMBER2008 ASM GF Free Dining JUNE2009PolyOCTOBER2009GFClubLevel-2 nightsOctober2010PolyClubLevelAugust2011PolyClubLevel2nights
Debbie6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #99
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
So much fun seeing your pics of the Terminal! It looks pozitively SPARKLY!!!! I love the SUPERSTAH pic. Can't wait to see the story for that one. Poor Ally
The terminal was great but I can't imagine how crowded it will be for the Dream. They will need to stick to the check in times that are give out or else it will be a ZOO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
yes the weather actually is warm enough for the Koi pond to be open. The ice should be going out any day now and we can get the docks in at the cabin. C'mon spring!
I think our winter is over - should be consistently in the 70's now with an ocassional day in the 60's...... I don't think I could handle coming back to winter after this cruise...... I would revolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags08 View Post
Great start, Kara! I'm taking notes for the day I finally get to cruise on DCL...going to check prices now...
I stopped by EL after the cruise to have lunch with friends! I was telling Jeff that you had been by there checking out the neighborhood. Another small world episode........ I'm telling you, DCL was the BEST vacation I've ever had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie6221 View Post
Great report so far! Thanks for sharing!
Hey Girlfriend!!!! You know I love TRs!!!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 04-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #100
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I followed the link in your siggy from the post you made on my PTR and thanks to your handy links I'm all caught up already!

I'm so glad I came over, aside from the fact that I'm absorbing everything I can find about cruises to prepare for ours, you are a very entertaining writer, I may have laughed out loud a few times, and I may now have a DH who is working across the room that thinks I'm nuts, but it's all good.

Can't wait to hear more!!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #101
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Subbing to your trip report I cannot miss a McSparklesons trip report.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #102
luvndizny
Mouseketeer

Hey!!!

Just catching up on your report...and noticed:

Those are the SUPER COOL awesome lanyard/id things you made us!!! No kidding, we were just about to go to the store onboard to see if they had any for sale because I immediately realized we'd made the mistake of not having something easy to carry our KTTW cards in!!! Then (enter sounds of heaven opening up....AAAHHHHH)...your FE gifts arrive! Woohoo! In this episode-The McSparklesons save the day! (Action figure sold separately...)

Seriously, I am so stealing that idea to give out as a FE on our next trip!

Oh and:

That's me and the kiddoes to the left (hubby was dropping off the car) checking in!

I am gonna start a TR this weekend...so enjoy reading yours and reliving our wonderful experience!!
luvndizny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #103
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Hi there! I followed the link in your siggy from the post you made on my PTR and thanks to your handy links I'm all caught up already!

I'm so glad I came over, aside from the fact that I'm absorbing everything I can find about cruises to prepare for ours, you are a very entertaining writer, I may have laughed out loud a few times, and I may now have a DH who is working across the room that thinks I'm nuts, but it's all good.

Can't wait to hear more!!
Laughter, it's what's for dinner...... I love TRs because I can relive the whole trip. And I drag them waaaaaay out because just like the trip itself, I hate for it to end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobewed07 View Post
Subbing to your trip report I cannot miss a McSparklesons trip report.
No Ma'am you can NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvndizny View Post
Hey!!!

Just catching up on your report...and noticed:

Those are the SUPER COOL awesome lanyard/id things you made us!!! No kidding, we were just about to go to the store onboard to see if they had any for sale because I immediately realized we'd made the mistake of not having something easy to carry our KTTW cards in!!! Then (enter sounds of heaven opening up....AAAHHHHH)...your FE gifts arrive! Woohoo! In this episode-The McSparklesons save the day! (Action figure sold separately...)

Seriously, I am so stealing that idea to give out as a FE on our next trip!

Oh and:

That's me and the kiddoes to the left (hubby was dropping off the car) checking in!

I am gonna start a TR this weekend...so enjoy reading yours and reliving our wonderful experience!!
It's what we do. We stop speeding bullets, leap over buildings, and drop off FE gifts just in the nick of time! Whew! It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it, right?

I got the lanyards online and ordered just the exact amount for the adults, then I ordered for the kids later...... I did the design myself and had a BLAST attempting that for the first time. There was a bit of colorful language flying around from time to time but for the most part it wasn't too bad. Someone on the DISign board made the candy bar wrappers for me several weeks ago. I wanted to get the smaller bars, but couldn't get the design sized right, so it was to everyone's benefit that I had to get the big bars!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #104
karajeboo

McSparklesons have entered the Magic... cleanup in aisle 7

As soon as they announced our board group# 3, we were on our way. It was just OK, as in the OK Corral, as in we were HERDED through the gangway.... click links for video clips.....

Mooooo! VIDEO

Yes, you heard that right. I moo'd. I sure did. And I'd do it again...... So MOOOOOOO!

OK, now back to my 40's......

Boarding a Disney cruise looked like it was going to be just like the Haunted Mansion immediately upon exiting the elevator. Except the port never stretched. Not once. I don't think. Although it did have high ceilings.... but I digress..... (get used to it, it happens a lot!)

Once we squeezed through the funnel that is actually the giant Mickey head, we were in the holding pen. With 2 lines. Now fellow DISers, which line did I take???? The LEFT!!!! Duh! And the right line moved quicker.......

We're getting closer - go LEFT! VIDEO

As soon as we moved through the line where our KTTW cards were swiped, for the first of many times, although this time did not include an $8 Drink of the Day so it may have been the CHEAPEST swipe of the trip, we were asked to move in front of a DCL backdrop where we were photographed and fingerprinted. OK, so we weren't fingerprinted, but after the chipping of my child, the corraling, and now the quick quick quick photo, I was ready for anything, maybe even an ear tag for quick identifying later!!!

But FINALLY! Actually, it all happened in less than 5 minutes, it was a piece of cake...... And just like the Haunted Mansion, you have that initial cattle call after the elevator, then once you get into the queuing line, you are relatively safe from the crowds, then once in your own personal Doom Buggy, it's just you and the spirits.... Same thing boarding the Magic. Minus the hitchhikers.

We have the gangway to ourselves as we make our way onto the Magic for our INTRODUCTION!!!!

We are SOOOOO close! VIDEO

And I'll bet you really wanna know how we were introduced, don't you? Were we "The McSparkleson Family?" Were we "Superstaaaahhhhs?"

Well, this is how someone else was introduced:

Magic Introduction VIDEO

I really have no idea how we were introduced. I was crying. Again. For the second time that day. It was just so MAGICal. Yes, I really am that cheesy, but it's because it really was that magical!!!! I couldn't believe that the time had finally arrived. We were on our first Disney cruise!

So when we walked through the gangway and the CM asked me for our family name, the first thing I blurted out was.......

OUR NAME!!!!

And in hindsight, that may have been a good thing, because when we were still in the OK Corral, Ally grabbed my hand, looked me dead in the eye, and said..... "MOOO!"

OK, not really. She actually said, "Mama, PLEASE don't embarass me when we get on the ship." She was pleading with me with those big cow eyes (moooo!) and digging into my hand.

So obviously we were NOT too sexy for the Magic, and we were not even Superstaaaahhhs. But we will always sparkle.

And in my mind, I AM STILL A SUPERSTAAAHHHH!

We were met by a cast member to herd us (I really need to get out of the corral!) quickly out of the atrium, to make room for the next family. We knew immediately where we needed to be, so we quickly made our way up to Deck 9 and Topsiders. After all, it's now a little after noon and we have not eaten yet. And I'm HUNGRY!!!! Moooooo!

I would like to thank my family for allowing me to walk around all day with the hangar straps hanging out of my shirt. I feel so glamorous seeing this in all the photos.....

Our view from Topsiders looking out over the port.....

Norwegian Sun

Carnival Dream

Kennedy Space Center

And before long, my favorite cast member (or are they CRUISE members?) came by and offered me the Drink of the Day!!! He then took my KTTW card for the first of MANY swipes to made this trip.....

LIFE....IS.....GOOD!

We filled our plates and settled in to watch the, well, nothing really because we're not moving yet!

Heaven in a cup.....

UP next: Let's tour the Magic!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #105
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Someone on the DISign board made the candy bar wrappers for me several weeks ago. I wanted to get the smaller bars, but couldn't get the design sized right, so it was to everyone's benefit that I had to get the big bars!
We really enjoyed the big bar. MMMMM.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: