Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #1321
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

sniff,sniff, it smells like defeat in here.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTLmDuhV3AQ

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #1322
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
LA CASA BONITA FOR OUR FRIEND!!!!! Nah I wouldnt do that to you. Food poisoning doesnt go good with altitude sickness.
Where you booked at. Thatll give me a better idea of whehter to just throw something on the grill or come closer to your hotel.
I'm staying at the Marriott downtown - it's close to where our hearings are held. I'm actually toying with the idea of just driving there. I hate dealing with the Denver airport, and if the hearing runs long I'll have to stay over an extra night because the last flight back to KC is fairly early.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #1323
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
So...what is that one sound that sends you to your happy place at WDW everytime you hear it?

Well my happy place is actually sitting across from Aloha Isle...but for some reason when I hear the Star Tunnel music (exit of Space Mt.) I am in the Magic Kingdom.
Tie: 1) “At-mo-Music” around the entrance to EPCOT (my favorite park). It just sounds like adventure and curiosity (if those ides were to have a sound); 2) Illuminations - the overture from that show never fails to yank a tear or three out of the corner of my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmrezg View Post
thanks for the tip MM
When you take your young’ens to the Whispering Canyon, be very sure that you get one of them to ask the server for a bottle of ketchup.

Quote:
Rob what plant did you work at? Was it here in Boulder? Thats where Im working now.
I worded that badly. I haven’t (as of yet) had to opportunity to work for Big Blue directly, I’ve just spent the vast bulk of my career operating, maintaining and programming on their hardware (old COBOL, Assembler, RPG man).

Quote:
i can help with that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Afternoon, gentlemen
And a good afternoon back to ya’ sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Ok, I know where that is....

I'm in the minority, but I avoid the main beaches like the plague...much happier down in Garden city--better beach, quieter living
Garden City is where we spend our beach time. My dad actually owns a small condo on the second row a couple blocks from the main intersection. It’s showing it’s age, but it’s paid for and a free place to stay is just a deal that is hard to beat.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #1324
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

i didnt get through all 30 pages that im behind but did anyone see the video of the new hitch hicking ghost? looks cool.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #1325
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
My FILs surgery went well. They did a triple bypass, but 'couldn't repair two other small ones' per DWs text. The surgeon said it went great and his heart looks great. That was Monday.

Yesterday he was already sitting in a chair watching TV.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes for him, he seems to be doing well.
John, I'm glad to hear it went well! Hope his ticker keeps ticking for many more years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Mark - I just read your new post on the disdads.com blog - great post!
Thanks, Aaron! I haven't had time to start a New England trip report yet, and I figured you usually need content mid-week, so I was hoping it would be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
Agreed! Excellent post from a talented blogger! If I can manage something 1/3 as good in a comment, I'll be happy!

Too bad blogging doesn't count on your resume
Thanks Chris!

I wish I could do this full time! Maybe we need to sell some hoodies as well as t-shirts...
Old 04-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #1326
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Maybe we need to sell some hoodies as well as t-shirts...
Maybe we do…

Also, I’m with the other guys… nice work on the blog post.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #1327
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

great job on the pod cast! finaly got a chance to listen to it!!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #1328
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
John, I'm glad to hear it went well! Hope his ticker keeps ticking for many more years!

Thanks, Aaron! I haven't had time to start a New England trip report yet, and I figured you usually need content mid-week, so I was hoping it would be ok.

Thanks Chris!

I wish I could do this full time! Maybe we need to sell some hoodies as well as t-shirts...
great post on disdads.com mark! i had to laugh, my dd steps into a throw but there is just something about the arm movement that throws the entire thing off. i dont know if its the follow through or what but, ive tried. she a dancer, she can spin 100 times in a circle on one foot and not fall over so i guess ill give her a break!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #1329
Big_Disney_Fan
Dis Dad

Quote:
LA CASA BONITA FOR OUR FRIEND!!!!! Nah I wouldnt do that to you. Food poisoning doesnt go good with altitude sickness.
Where you booked at. Thatll give me a better idea of whehter to just throw something on the grill or come closer to your hotel.
Daring... Casa Bonita is the place the locals have to go when they have run out of things to do with out of town guests. Casa Bonita usually falls in after the Coors Brewery tour, and Buffalo Bill's Grave. Only jokeing...
My wife said I can go.

Dis Dad Member #441
off prop 1975, ASMo 2001 Honeymoon, FWC 2007, ASMu 2007, POP 2008, CBR 2008, CR/BC/BW 2010, CBR 2011

Last edited by Big_Disney_Fan; 04-06-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #1330
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Ok, I know where that is....

I'm in the minority, but I avoid the main beaches like the plague...much happier down in Garden city--better beach, quieter living
We usually wind up spending our time in Cherry Grove. Much quieter up there.

Quote:
I'm staying at the Marriott downtown - it's close to where our hearings are held. I'm actually toying with the idea of just driving there. I hate dealing with the Denver airport, and if the hearing runs long I'll have to stay over an extra night because the last flight back to KC is fairly early.
Seconded. Its like someone took a "how not to design an airport class", and thought the only way I could improve on this would be to do all those things and build the airport ridiculously far away from the city.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 04-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #1331
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Disney_Fan View Post
Daring... Casa Bonita is the place the locals have to go when they have run out of things to do with out of town guests. Casa Bonita usually falls in after the Coors Brewery tour, and Buffalo Bill's Grave. Only jokeing...
My wife said I can go.
I was thinking more in the lines of Cheesecake Factory, Chophouse and Chez Jose's.
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 04-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #1332
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

To pile on, nice post on disdads.com Mark

DisDad Member #188

We're adopting!! Updated - 4/12/14! Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 04-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #1333
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572

Quote:
NIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Quote:
Is it the Marriott City Center...if so my building is right next door, if all else fails we could do lunch or grab a coffee.

Quote:
I was thinking more in the lines of Cheesecake Factory, Chophouse and Chez Jose's.
Those are nice, but nothing beats Biker Jim's http://www.bikerjimsdogs.com/
DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (8)
Old 04-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #1334
theduck619
DDC 188

My 5

Mark,

Great and touching post. Our legacies will never be determined by job titles or net worth, but how we shaped and molded those given to us as a gift from God. My 5 would be:

1) Put God first, Family and others second, and yourself third. Serving others is more beneficial then being selfish.
2) Hope - Hope is a gift and it breeds joy which lifts us up when we are at our lowest. This of course ties into serving and loving God.
3) Do what you love. Find what it is life that moves you and pursue it with all that you have.
4) Never root for the Red Sox - I will disown you in a heartbeat and never speak to you again, and you better never date a boy that likes them either or you will find yourself on the first train to the convent.
5) Never stop trying. You will spend your life in a pool of regret if you throw in the towel every time life gets hard. Losing is part of life, failure is when you refuse to try and improve.

David

DisDad Member #188

Old 04-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #1335
theduck619
DDC 188

Indiana Dis Dad's meet

I know Stopher is not here but we need to get a meet together before Mark invades Indiana later this summer. Andy, you are south of Indy, right?

DisDad Member #188

Closed Thread

Tags
cheeseballs, club, dads, man

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: