Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Day 1-Continued...To the Parks!

Day 1 Continued-To the Parks!

After squaring away the car, lunch and the room we finally headed through Downtown Disney to the Parks. DS had decided to save his money so that he could buy something either at the Lego Store or at Ridemakers. This boy worked hard! We had him picking up pinecones on our hill for a dime a piece; he took care of the recycling; he worked at my parent's shop. Anyway, that little guy ended up saving over $50!

So we stopped at the Lego Store to see if we could spend some of that money that was burning a hole in his pocket:

After carefully combing through the entire store he ended up picking out some Ninjagos. Even after getting what he wanted he still had about $30 dollars left. Grandpa decided that if DS was willing to pony up the $30 dollars he would cover the rest to experience Ridemakers; however, we decided to save that for another day...we wanted to get to the parks!

So, purchase in hand we walked over to Disneyland. FINALLY! As per our custom, the family immediately took a left after Main Street and headed to frontier land...Tiki Room here we come! After watching the show, we took a ride on the Jungle Cruise:

Jungle Cruise completed, we then sent the boys over to Indiana Jones--of course they got rider-switch passes for us while we waited. The ride was running a 25 minute wait time...so we snuck over to Pirates of the Carribean while "waiting" for the boys to finish up! The timing was perfect! We were walking back to Indiana Jones just as they were walking out.

As my dad was walking out of the exit he ran into a friend of his from high school (who currently lives in Las Vegas)! They haven't seen eachother for about 5 years. So they caught up with eachother while DS, grandma and I rode Indiana Jones. They continued catching up, while we waited at the exit for them...and they continued catching up while we gently reminded him that we had 5pm reservations at the Big Thunder BBQ....

Catching up completed, we headed over for dinner at Big Thunder BBQ. My mom is a vegetarian and they were very accomodating. They brought out vegetable shish-ka-bobs, which I tried and were delish! We've eaten here before and I love the BBQ. It has ribs, chicken, sausage, cornbread, beans and coleslaw. You need to be hungry for this dinner because it is a lot of food!

After dinner, my parents offered to hang out with the kids so that DH and I could spend some time alone in the parks! DH and I headed over to DCA to ride Toy Story Mania, while my parents took the kids on Its a Small World:

After Toy Story Mania, we were wanting to hang out the family again. We knew that my parents were going to take the kids to the room to watch the fireworks and we didn't want to miss out on the action. So, we surprised them by showing up just in time for the fireworks (my parents thought we were crazy since we had only been out for about 2 hours without the kids). Here's some pictures of the fireworks from the room:

Downtown Disney at night:

The kids ready for bed:

After the fireworks (which was amazing to watch in the room by the way...an experience I will never forget) we decided to hit the sack. My parents offered to watch the kids if we wanted to go back out, but we opted to go to bed. We knew we were going to extra magic hours the next day and we wanted to be rested so that we could go on as many rides as we could.

April 2006-Disney World All Star Sports;April 2007-Disney World All Star Music; May 2009-Disney World All Star Music; June 2010-Disneyland (Embassey Suites); October 2010-Disneyland (Paradise Pier); February 2011-Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); May 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-Welcome Home!);October 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-ADULTS only!); January 2012; June 2012 (mother-son 4 mountain challenge); February 2013 (one day, one wheelchair); October 2013 (Adults Only)

Trip Report(s):

Back to the 'Land After So Many Years-June 2010--Completed]The Yr of the Annual Pass-The year starts October 2010!--Completed
jforever52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: