Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #16
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

F! was Dd's favorite of the night shows and from what I've read on here HS is even more crowded on those nights especially when there's only two shows a week as it is when we'll be there, so I wanted to make sure we get in. The last time we almost didn't see it as we didn't line up soon enough for the first show and missed that one. Thankfully that night there was a second show, so we decided to wait the extra time and go. It was a long wait, and the kids were good, but with only one show this time if we miss the first that will be our only shot!! lol F! dining pkg was the way to go for us!!

March 2009: Our 1st Disney Vacation - ASMu
September 2011 - POR

My First PTR

Last edited by MARsMama; 04-06-2011 at 07:15 AM.
MARsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #17
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Hi Candace!!! I'm subbing! We're going in October as well.

Your children are adorable! Love the pics. We really liked CP for breakfast and as for Chef Mickey's, similar to MarsMama, the character interaction was worth it, but the food was so-so. The kids won't care about the food though!

We're trying Ohana breakfast this time, I've heard really good things. We had dinner there on our last trip and half of us liked it and the other half didn't?? I think Lilo & Stitch will be fun!

I just LOVE Disney in October!! The weather is nice, the crowds are low(er), and DS has a week off for fall break, so it fits in perfectly!!

If figured since I didn't do a TR last year (or even know to do one) I would add in a few pics here and there with this PTR

I've heard lots of great things about breakfast at the Character Meals, but just so so reviews on lunch and dinner....hmmm lots to think about. Definitely looking forward to Ohana!! Hopefully I get this all hammered out soon. ADR date is in 9 days!
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #18
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm enjoying your PTR so far! Your kids are super cute!!
About the plane thing... I'm 28 and I've never been on one because I'm chicken! So don't feel bad.
My DH lived in IL when he was younger and he talks about going to Holiday World.
Your ADR's look good!!! And I bet October will be a great time to go!!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #19
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Park Must Dos:

Okay we'll start with my favorite park:

Magic Kingdom!

I went to this park for the first time when I was 8, Then again on my Honeymoon, and I've been three times since having my kiddos. They were all, however, one day trips and this is the first time I will be able to stay on site, so I am so super duper excited!!

So these are things we MUST do:
Splash Mountain (Our Favorite Ride)
Thunder Mountain Rail Road (Kids & DH have never ridden. I vaguely remember riding when I was younger.)
Space Mountain (DS is gonna go for it this year!)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
M&G with Rapunzel & Flynn Rider
Tea Cups (Were closed last year when we were there)
Haunted Mansion
Small World
Stitch's Great Escape
Dumbo
Pooh - For Violet since it's her favorite
Mickey's Philhar Magic - LOVE it!

Here are things we WANT to do, but will survive if we do not:
Tom Sawyer Island - Never been, have no idea what to expect
Jungle Cruise - Fun, but line is usually pretty long
Peter Pan's Flight - Super long line, and still haven't figured out why
Snow Whites Scary Adventure - Heard it's going to be taken down soon, so it may not be there.... But last time my Best Friend and I took our sons on this ride and by the time we got off, they were both screaming in terror!!
Swiss Family Treehouse- One of my favorites when I was 8, but lost its appeal as I got older.
Magic Carpets - Never done this either. If we were going to wait in line, Dumbo always won out.

Okay Foodwise, the only MUST do is.....
DOLE WHIPS!!
Seriously, it's where every one of my snack credits will be spent

Some we would like to visit, but if it's crowded or closed life will go on.
Tortuga Tavern - (Was formerly the Pirate & the Parrot)- Never eaten here. Wanted to last year, but it was closed for refurb, and I've also read it's seasonal, so not expecting it to be open this year.

Also Main Street Bakery has caramel apples that are to die for!!! - Actually lets move this on up to MUST!

Well, what do you think? Have I included your favorites? Did I leave out something that is absolutely a MUST do? (Did it from memory, so I could have easily left something out)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #20
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARsMama View Post
F! was Dd's favorite of the night shows and from what I've read on here HS is even more crowded on those nights especially when there's only two shows a week as it is when we'll be there, so I wanted to make sure we get in. The last time we almost didn't see it as we didn't line up soon enough for the first show and missed that one. Thankfully that night there was a second show, so we decided to wait the extra time and go. It was a long wait, and the kids were good, but with only one show this time if we miss the first that will be our only shot!! lol F! dining pkg was the way to go for us!!
I've prepared myself for the worst.....We are going on a Sunday with EMH.....gonna be crowded, I'm sure. I do believe there are two shows that night as well. I would even welcome some on and off rain this day to keep the crowds away, since nearly everything is inside....
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #21
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith06 View Post
Hi, I'm enjoying your PTR so far! Your kids are super cute!!
About the plane thing... I'm 28 and I've never been on one because I'm chicken! So don't feel bad.
My DH lived in IL when he was younger and he talks about going to Holiday World.
Your ADR's look good!!! And I bet October will be a great time to go!!
My sentiments exactly I was terrified of planes, and so far I have successfully not seen any of the coverage about the plane mishap last week.....I just keep telling myself "It's the safest form of travel, It's the safest form of travel..." lol

Okay seriously, Holiday World is amazing. I think I've been at least once a year for the last 20 years and it's such a friendly and clean park. I do wish there were more rides that my whole family could ride together (Like MK) but the water park IMO is way bigger & better than Disney's and to compete with Disney out in rural Indiana is a pretty big accomplishment.

According to what I've read the week we are going, is the 6th best week out of the year to go (crowd wise)....so here's to hoping it's right!!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #22
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

We're doing F! on an evening EMH Sunday, but planning on going to a waterpark or just swimming at the resort in the am and only showing up for our dinner reservation as we'll have already done the park on a previous day. So far that I've read there's only the one showing on the day we're planning, but I'm guessing that could still change.

As for Magic Kingdom, we're planning on doing Big Thunder Mountaion Railroad for the first time and I'd also like to try Tortuga Tavern if it's open. Splash Mountain is dd's favorite ride, so I'm sure we'll hit that one a few times. I'm planning on doing the teacups atleast once for Mom, but I'm sure once won't be enough for my two oldest!! lol Space Mountain is out for us, none of us are brave enough for that, with the exception of dd!

I've never had a Dole Whip, but just might try one this time. That is if I can get passed using my snack credits for the Churros....I LOVE them!!!

September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #23
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
[SIZE="2"I've never had a Dole Whip, but just might try one this time. That is if I can get passed using my snack credits for the Churros....I LOVE them!!![/SIZE]
I absolutely Love Dole Whips....the pineapple is so yummy and I've gotten one EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #24
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

I'm excited to see Mickey's Philharmagic for the first time. Glad to see you love it. Have you been on Stitch's Great Escape? I haven't been to DW since 2001 and it was alien encounter at the time. I remember being really scared. This trip though we have the kids, so I'm thinking we will skip it. Any advice?
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #25
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari-B View Post
I'm excited to see Mickey's Philharmagic for the first time. Glad to see you love it. Have you been on Stitch's Great Escape? I haven't been to DW since 2001 and it was alien encounter at the time. I remember being really scared. This trip though we have the kids, so I'm thinking we will skip it. Any advice?
Hi Kari! I really enjoy Mickey's Philharmagic!! My DS really loves it too I actually have not been on Stitch's Great Escape....I've heard mixed reviews about it, but I still think we'll check it out this time around. The only reason I say we probably will is because we are spending 2 days in MK, and so many of the rides are down due to the fantasyland expansion. I also remember it as Alien Encounter....and you're right! It was scary

BTW...LOVING your TR!!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #26
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Hollywood Studios

Next up is Hollywood Studios.....we've also been to this park and had a wonderful time. It was just one of those days where every time we went to see a show or get on a ride (except Toy Story Mania) we were just in time or had little to no wait. Here are few pics from our trip last year.....

Here are a couple of Vi and Ava under the big Hat waiting for the parade..

And Isaac with a toy soldier....The toy soldiers were sooooo cool.

Okay now that I'm done reminiscing over our last trip....here is a list of MUST DOS for us this time around:

Magic of Disney Animation (We just stumbled across this last year and LOVED it!)
Star Tours (Was closed last year when we went)
Jedi Training (Waited too long to get DS a spot)
Toy Story Mania (will run to the back to get a Fast Pass and get in line)
Tower of Terror (DS was terrified last year, but can't stop talking about how he wants to ride it this year)
Beauty and the Beast (Loved this and it's a great chance to sit back and relax)
Lights Motors Action Stunt Show (Especially with the addition of Lightening McQueen)
FANTASMIC! (We went on a night they weren't performing this last year )
The parade is also VERY good here....I understand they changed it this year, but it looks to be similar.

Some things we would like to do, but won't be to terribly disappointed if we don't:
Indiana Jones Stunt Show- (saw it last year, but DS loves Indiana Jones)
American Idol Attraction- (I love this, but the kids...not so much)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid- This is actually probably a must do.....

Some things we WILL NOT stand in line for:
Narnia Prince Caspian- (I still don't get this ride/show, whatever it is) It was the very first thing we rode last year and DH and I were very disappointed in it.

Disney Junior Live on Stage- DH says no....he's not a fan of sitting on the floor...

Backlot Tour- we weren't impressed.

Still not sure what to do about the Fantasmic Dining Package.....still may possibly do it with Mama Melrose's, but I REALLY want to eat at 50's Prime Time Cafe.....any suggestions?

Next up...Epcot
Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #27
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

I had considered the Fantasmic Package too, but wasn't thrilled with any of the restaurants included. We are planning on eating at 50's Prime Time Cafe (gluten free fried chicken, so excited!!!) and Sci-Fi Drive In for our sit down meals.

OMG, love Ava's pose in that picture of her alone. Too precious!!
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #28
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari-B View Post
I had considered the Fantasmic Package too, but wasn't thrilled with any of the restaurants included. We are planning on eating at 50's Prime Time Cafe (gluten free fried chicken, so excited!!!) and Sci-Fi Drive In for our sit down meals.

OMG, love Ava's pose in that picture of her alone. Too precious!!
Aww thanks Kari, she can be such a ham

Still soooo torn about Fantasmic, and I've only got a few days to decide before my ADR date!!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #29
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

We are doing the F! dining pkg witih MM. We've never eaten there before, but it seemed to be the best of the three choices. We are, however, going to HS twice so the other trip there we are eating at Sci-Fi. We had booked 50s PT, but after watching some of the youtube videos on it, I chickened out and booked Sci-Fi instead!

September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
Old 04-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #30
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are doing the F! dining pkg witih MM. We've never eaten there before, but it seemed to be the best of the three choices. We are, however, going to HS twice so the other trip there we are eating at Sci-Fi. We had booked 50s PT, but after watching some of the youtube videos on it, I chickened out and booked Sci-Fi instead!
I'm pretty sure the Fantasmic Dining Package is what we are going to go with. I thought I read somewhere that it also includes an appetizer....could have dreamed it, not sure. Do you know what all it includes foodwise, or does it depend on the dining plan you have? HS is supposed to be very busy the day we are there with Fantasmic showing and evening EMH. I'm hoping to get there early and hit all the good stuff first. Then we can take our time eating and hit up some of the less popular attractions before Fantasmic!! Also do you know if we can put one person in line for us, and then the rest of the party show up later since we have the dining package? (Just dreading my two year old waiting so long before the show)

Tags
october 2011, pop, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: