Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #106
Disney Dad Canada
Passing on my Disney obsession to my 3 kids, and anyone else that will listen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegal View Post
I just knew you and you kids would be joining us!
What can I say? Disney is the type of company that you give all your money to, and apologize to them for not being able to give them any more.
Disney Dad Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #107
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

Neither Hope or I have been to these ports. She was talking about going to the ruins at Tulum (sp?) I discovered on a previous cruise, I can't snorkel. I have a weird panic attack when I try to breathe thru a snorkel. Not sure what I might do besides the tour of the ruins. The time we have at Costa Maya, isn't that long, so I have no clue what to do there. Where can we get the good vanilla? Is it the beans or the extract? I would love to use it for my Christmas baking that year. I will be honest, Mexico scares me a little. I know we will be safe, but all the stuff that goes on down there is just so whacked. I will have to look at the current excursions again to see if I am even going to get off the ship at a couple of stops. A whole day by the pool or in the spa when everyone else is on shore sounds nice.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #108
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4stitch View Post
Has anyone been on any of the tours at either Grand Caymen or Cozumel? I want to scuba dive at one of these and do a land tour at the other but can't decide. Does anyone know when they will post excursions for Costa Maya? I like to plan ahead!
For Cozumel, I plan on trying to do the swim with Dolphins that I had to cancel 2 years ago. 3rd time is the charm? (I've had to cancel this excursion twice. First time on Curacao, I got a scratched cornea on the plane to San Juan & had to stay out of the water. 2nd time on Cozumel, I was on blood thinners due to a blood clot, and my doctor strongly recommended that I cancel. I really want to swim with the Dolphins, but I'm a little afraid to schedule it! )

Hopefully snorkeling in Grand Cayman.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #109
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

We buy vanilla extract. Buy it from one of the more established stores, otherwise you may not get strong vanilla.. I think we paid aroung $8-10 for a food-service sized bottle.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #110
crazy4stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvlprof View Post
We buy vanilla extract. Buy it from one of the more established stores, otherwise you may not get strong vanilla.. I think we paid aroung $8-10 for a food-service sized bottle.
Do you get that in Cozumel or Coastal Maya?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #111
crazy4stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
For Cozumel, I plan on trying to do the swim with Dolphins that I had to cancel 2 years ago. 3rd time is the charm? (I've had to cancel this excursion twice. First time on Curacao, I got a scratched cornea on the plane to San Juan & had to stay out of the water. 2nd time on Cozumel, I was on blood thinners due to a blood clot, and my doctor strongly recommended that I cancel. I really want to swim with the Dolphins, but I'm a little afraid to schedule it! )

Sayhello
3rd time will be the charm! I was thinking about the Trainer for a day, that is something my daughter is always talking about doing for a living, I think she would get a kick out of it. So excited about this trip, can't believe it is over a year away.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #112
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
3rd time will be the charm! I was thinking about the Trainer for a day, that is something my daughter is always talking about doing for a living, I think she would get a kick out of it. So excited about this trip, can't believe it is over a year away.
Yes! That trainer for a day does look pretty cool!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #113
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you get that in Cozumel or Coastal Maya?
Cozumel, but probably have it at Costa Maya, too.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #114
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanders79 View Post
Add another Scott to the list!
Welcome Scott !!!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #115
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dad Canada View Post
Booked the cruise date while on board the Dream. Can't wait to go back.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #116
Disney Dad Canada
Passing on my Disney obsession to my 3 kids, and anyone else that will listen

Tracey just officially gave us the Welcome aboard. Look out guys, you'll all know my kids and I by the end of the cruise (hopefully in a good way).
Disney Dad Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #117
Pipperdoodle
Dreamer and planner of all things Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
Neither Hope or I have been to these ports. She was talking about going to the ruins at Tulum (sp?) I discovered on a previous cruise, I can't snorkel. I have a weird panic attack when I try to breathe thru a snorkel. Not sure what I might do besides the tour of the ruins. The time we have at Costa Maya, isn't that long, so I have no clue what to do there. Where can we get the good vanilla? Is it the beans or the extract? I would love to use it for my Christmas baking that year. I will be honest, Mexico scares me a little. I know we will be safe, but all the stuff that goes on down there is just so whacked. I will have to look at the current excursions again to see if I am even going to get off the ship at a couple of stops. A whole day by the pool or in the spa when everyone else is on shore sounds nice.

Kim
I've been to Tulum. If I remember correctly it was a long bus ride but an interesting tour. What I remember most was the soldiers carrying sub machine guns standing there as you get off the bus. Wasn't expecting that. I would do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post

Sayhello
As far as the dolphin thing in Cozumel, I felt horrible for the way the dolphins were penned in. They were in a rusty chain link enclosure in the sea and we stood on a metal 2 foot wide gangway (wear beach shoes). They had several pens with a dolphin in it and we were moved twice because the dolphins weren't cooperating. Well no kidding, the first pen they put us in was a mommy with a 2 week old dolphin. As soon as I heard that she had a baby in there, I was very nervous. She didn't want us anywhere near her baby and I couldn't blame her. I read that after a hurricane they lost the dolphins, etc, so I guess the rebuilt and captured more dolphins. I haven't been on another dolphin excursions so I have nothing to compare this to, but I hope the others are a little better to the dolphins although they are in captivity so how good can it be?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #118
Cherinva

Good Morning Everyone !!!! I'm really looking forward to this cruise....we are talking about taking the tours of the ruins...sounds very interesting.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #119
sshaw10060
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvlprof View Post
I would check out Penzeys spices. A great company with amazing product.

sshaw10060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #120
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Is there room for me?

We have just put in a request for the Hawaii cruise so couldn't do PCC3.0 as we'd originally planned... nothing for it but to push out PCC3.0 to PCC4.0 so looks like I'm travelling with you all instead

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: