Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

what discounts dodvc members get?

Hi
I am trying to find out as much info as possible before signing up on our forthcoming trip .I have read on here about 10% in disney store UK. Can I get discounts in any US shops disney or non? Also any resturants.
TIA
Old 03-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
greengeen
Mouseketeer

All of the perks are on the DVC member website, and they give you a "perk" booklet explaining them in your room packet every time you stay.
greengeen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

The site DVCnews.com is a great resource for new/ prospective DVC members and I would expect they have info on all of the perks. Funnily enough, when I checked in I didn't get my portable perks book - maybe because I checked in online
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
Brandis
DIS Veteran

Nah, I always check in online and got the Portable Perk booklet every time. They probably just forgot. I think when they prepare the documentation folders, they don't differentiate between regular guests and DVC members and just put in the regular stuff. Because the CM that checked us in always added the Perk booklet to the envelope themselves.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
The site DVCnews.com is a great resource for new/ prospective DVC members and I would expect they have info on all of the perks. Funnily enough, when I checked in I didn't get my portable perks book - maybe because I checked in online
Thanks but it doesnt give specific stores or resturants. Wanted an idea of which ones eg world of disney, and which disney resturants if any.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Alway ask every time to buy something at WDW
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #7
Pootle

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Thanks but it doesnt give specific stores or resturants. Wanted an idea of which ones eg world of disney, and which disney resturants if any.
Here's some of the DD discounts - current until June 2011

Fulton's crab house - 20% off lunch, 10% off dinner
Ghirardelli - 10% off any chocolate purchase and $1 off any sundae
House of Blues - 20% lunch, dinner and Gospel Brunch
Planet Hollywood and Raglan Road - 10% lunch and dinner
Rainforest - 10% lunch and dinner entrees for members and up to 3 guests
Wolfgang Puck cafe - 20% off lunch and 10% dinner (but not alcohol)

There are lots of 10% discounts and some 20% discounts for theme park and resort restaurants too - mostly for lunch but sometimes for both. Top 2 of the list (alphabetical) for instance are Biergarten 10% off lunch and Chefs de France 20% off lunch.

Note, these can and do change For instance, I know you did used to get a discount when spending over $50 at World of Disney but I can't find it in my current offers
Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 AM   #8
Alex's Mummy
Mouseketeer

The AP perk is pretty good- $399 for a standard pass($100 off), $504 for a premium one($125 off). With an annual pass you get 10% at the world of disney store at downtown disney but not with your DVC card. (not at the moment anyway)

If you like the Disney Mini golf- DVC members get 15% off a round.

1st trip to WDW 2003, offsite 2006, All Star sports 2007, first DVC member stay @SSR Oct 2008, SSR June 2010. SSR Feb 2011. SSR Oct 2011 1st Disney Cruise June 2010. 2 trips to Disneyland Paris and Disneyland California.
Summer in Utah 2012 ( 6 weeks!!!)
DLP July 2013
Alex's Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #9
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
Here's some of the DD discounts - current until June 2011

Fulton's crab house - 20% off lunch, 10% off dinner
Ghirardelli - 10% off any chocolate purchase and $1 off any sundae
House of Blues - 20% lunch, dinner and Gospel Brunch
Planet Hollywood and Raglan Road - 10% lunch and dinner
Rainforest - 10% lunch and dinner entrees for members and up to 3 guests
Wolfgang Puck cafe - 20% off lunch and 10% dinner (but not alcohol)

There are lots of 10% discounts and some 20% discounts for theme park and resort restaurants too - mostly for lunch but sometimes for both. Top 2 of the list (alphabetical) for instance are Biergarten 10% off lunch and Chefs de France 20% off lunch.

Note, these can and do change For instance, I know you did used to get a discount when spending over $50 at World of Disney but I can't find it in my current offers
Thankyou so much this is exactly what I wanted. I looked on the websites recommended but there is no mention of which resturants and shops participate so this gives me more of an idea. Didnt realise there were as many perks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Mummy View Post
The AP perk is pretty good- $399 for a standard pass($100 off), $504 for a premium one($125 off). With an annual pass you get 10% at the world of disney store at downtown disney but not with your DVC card. (not at the moment anyway)

If you like the Disney Mini golf- DVC members get 15% off a round.
Thats useful to know as well thankyou.I did enquire about changing our 14 day tickets and was told that they can be upgraded at the kiosks out side the parks.I was going to do this anyway but the extra discount with the dvc membership as well all helps.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #10
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

I did the upgrade from 14 day to AP last year. The only possible upgrade is to the Premium AP. Definitely worth it!
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #11
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
I did the upgrade from 14 day to AP last year. The only possible upgrade is to the Premium AP. Definitely worth it!
Tinks i hv enquired about this and pm'd the guy on themepark board annd he said as long as u dnt use any of the waterparks before upgrading u can buy the regualr annual pass

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: