Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #916
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Congrats on the new trip Ellen! What fun. Just you and Tim. We just got back from SSR on Tuesday and it was so peaceful and beautiful. Have a great time!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #917
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Congrats on the new trip Ellen! What fun. Just you and Tim. We just got back from SSR on Tuesday and it was so peaceful and beautiful. Have a great time!
Thanks Chris!! I am so glad to hear you had a nice trip! How was the performance? ANd what advice do you have for me staying at SSR? Where did you stay? How were the crowds? How about the buses? Any advice you have to give- I'm all ears!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #918
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Oh, wonderful news about the new trip!! I hope this will mean a new trip report for us!
OOPS!!! I missed you!! Yes- definitely a new TR- Timmy is a HAM so there will be tons of photos, I'm sure!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #919
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

We are now unexpectedly going to WDW this July!

My uncle (or rather my mother's uncle, so my great uncle), has decided to gift my mother with a week worth of his time share in July. So, she has decided we all should go to Florida. GREAT Uncle indeed!

It's not DVC, but we chose a place that looks very nice, but is a bit closer to Sea World.

Since we are now going to be away for a bit in July, I pulled Allison's registration from summer camp for the time we are gone, thereby saving me the hefty camp fee, money that I am now able to use for airfare and park tickets instead!

Planning to do Downtown, Magic Kingdom, Epcot and the kids first visit to Universal, which is really for me since I am DYING to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Already made dining reservations for Biergarten, since everyone in my family likes the food and we are hoping Allison will get up and dance like she did the last time we were there.

This sounds like a pre-trip report, doesn't it? I just totally hijacked your thread, didn't I? Forgive me..I'm excited!
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #920
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We are now unexpectedly going to WDW this July!

My uncle (or rather my mother's uncle, so my great uncle), has decided to gift my mother with a week worth of his time share in July. So, she has decided we all should go to Florida. GREAT Uncle indeed!

It's not DVC, but we chose a place that looks very nice, but is a bit closer to Sea World.

Since we are now going to be away for a bit in July, I pulled Allison's registration from summer camp for the time we are gone, thereby saving me the hefty camp fee, money that I am now able to use for airfare and park tickets instead!

Planning to do Downtown, Magic Kingdom, Epcot and the kids first visit to Universal, which is really for me since I am DYING to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Already made dining reservations for Biergarten, since everyone in my family likes the food and we are hoping Allison will get up and dance like she did the last time we were there.

This sounds like a pre-trip report, doesn't it? I just totally hijacked your thread, didn't I? Forgive me..I'm excited!
That's GREAT news!!! I'm excited for you!!! Definitely sounds like the right way to spend the camp money! Universal is alot of fun- we have been there several times, and as the boys have gotten older, they really love the rides there- but it was all prior to HP- we did see it being built last time, though- I hear it's really cool! Make sure you go on the Spiderman ride- it is fantastic! But I am sure that new HP ride is even better.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #921
podsnel

Big news!!!

Shhhhh...it's a secret.....yesterday I bought Tyler a plane ticket!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!! Pods finally relented, after I made him call the coach (after a girlfriend spoke to him and the coach said "Tell Ken to give me a call- Tyler should go to Florida!" YAY COACH!!! YAY for girlfriends!!!

I am not going to tell them- just going to pretend I am dropping Tyler off at therapy on Monday on our way to the airport....and then surprise!!! You're going to WDW instead!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #922
BettyBeBop
Mouseketeer

way too awesome!!!!!

BettyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #923
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

super happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #924
manntra
DIS Veteran

That's awesome Ellen!!! He will be so excited!!

Tracy
Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #925
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Shhhhh...it's a secret.....yesterday I bought Tyler a plane ticket!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!! Pods finally relented, after I made him call the coach (after a girlfriend spoke to him and the coach said "Tell Ken to give me a call- Tyler should go to Florida!" YAY COACH!!! YAY for girlfriends!!!

I am not going to tell them- just going to pretend I am dropping Tyler off at therapy on Monday on our way to the airport....and then surprise!!! You're going to WDW instead!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
Hehe!! I love it! Hope you have a camera ready to get a pic of Tyler's face when you tell him. We surprised Al with a WDW trip for her 7th birthday and didn't tell her until we were on our way to the airport. The expression was priceless!
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #926
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

That is so great Ellen! They are both going to be so thrilled! I feel like everyone I know is going to Disney World this week and I just want to stamp my foot and cry! I'm being such a brat about it!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #927
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

So cool! Lucky kids!!! I know they will both have a blast!!! So what about Pods is he going to come now too? He SHOULD!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #928
podsnel

Thanks for all the messages everyone!! We leave in two hours!!! STILL haven't told Tyler...but I DID tell Timmy (wow, that kid can keep a secret!! ). I wanted to make sure he was ok with it being not just us.... which (of course!) he is- but he messed with me a bit first!! Anyway....I'll post tonight after our first day!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #929
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Awesome news !!! Keep us posted Ellen!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #930
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Thanks Chris!! I am so glad to hear you had a nice trip! How was the performance? ANd what advice do you have for me staying at SSR? Where did you stay? How were the crowds? How about the buses? Any advice you have to give- I'm all ears!

Sorry so late in replying Ellen. But the girls did an awesome job performing. Both at DTD and MK. I loved seeing them march in the band down Main Street USA.

Advice for staying at SSR. Don't let them put you in the Paddock. No bus stop there from the constructing of the new pool they are doing. We love the Grandstand area. Plus it is the first bus stop to get on and off, and there is a great pool there with a bar during the day. Or if you really like to go to DTD try to stay at Congress Park. The Turf Club is excellent for dinner. They had great prime rib. For us the crowds were kinda big. But we would get to the parks early for EMH then go back to the resort and swim/lounge around the pool in the afternoon, then back to the parks in the evenings. So we tried to avoid the big crowds at the parks.

Busses, well, they are busses. We didn't have to tough of a time getting them. I never did have to stand while riding one this trip. Thank goodness.

Hope you get this before getting to SSR. Have a great time with your boys, which I know you will. Can't wait to read about it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: