Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #76
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the Bistro review! I have been thinking about it, but am now even more unsure if I shouldn't take my money to the real France for such a meal.

I thought I had commented on your Ohana review because I remember reading it, but obviously I didn't.
I have never seen or considered your ham and cheese sandwich at the All Stars. It looks real nice, maybe next time - it's the little things sometimes!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:20 AM   #77
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Great review and pics!
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Thank you for the Bistro review! I have been thinking about it, but am now even more unsure if I shouldn't take my money to the real France for such a meal.

I thought I had commented on your Ohana review because I remember reading it, but obviously I didn't.
I have never seen or considered your ham and cheese sandwich at the All Stars. It looks real nice, maybe next time - it's the little things sometimes!
Thanks for reading Karin. I would definitely save your French dining for the next time you can get the real thing. You just can't even compare!

The ham and cheese sandwich isn't traditional American breakfast food, but I saw them being made and it sounded like a good protein filled option to get me through the morning!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 AM   #79
cbg1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Patiently waiting for Sanaa
The wait will be worth it!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #80
cbg1027

Breakfast with a View

It was our first morning in a deluxe hotel, so we felt spoiled and wanted to continue to trend. We had a savannah view studio in Jambo house and decided to enjoy over view over breakfast in the room!

We had not thought to place our order the night before, but when I called they said the food would be delivered within 45 minutes. Perfect...enough time to get dressed before the food comes and still leave in time for RD!

There was a knock on our door about 35 minutes after I placed the order. A very bubbly CM was there with our food! I let him in and he proceeded to set the table with a real tablecloth and napkins, a newspaper, and our food on real plates - no plastic or paper ware with room service. There were even little bitty salt and pepper shakers, along with ketchup in little glass jars.

Our table and food:

Mark had ordered the Safari Breakfast - two eggs (he ordered over medium), breakfast potatoes, biscuit, and your choice of sausage or bacon (bacon for Mark).

Mark also got some Frunch - the specialty juice mix at AKL.

I didn't taste Mark's food, but he cleaned his plate so it must have been decent enough.

As for me, I chose the Kid's Pumbaa Plate - one egg (I ordered scrambled) with breakfast potatoes and choice of grapes, bacon, or sausage (sausage for me). I also got a glass of Frunch, which comes with the Kid's plate.

The food was decent but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff you can get for breakfast down at The Mara, with the exception of the made to order eggs. The juice is really yummy though - not sure what the blend is.

The difference of real plates and the convenience of eating in our savannah view room gave this meal a much higher rating than if we had eaten at The Mara. Neither Mark nor I had ever had room service before, so we felt sort of like rockstars. This is not something I would do every morning, but maybe once during any stay at a deluxe would be a very worthwhile splurge.

Grade: A-
Food Only Grade: C+

Last edited by cbg1027; 08-12-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #81
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Excellent reviews! Looking forward to more.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #82
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love the way the table was set up in your room and you were even provided with salt, pepper and ketchup! It's a shame the food wasn't outstanding but what a view to have whilst eating breakfast
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #83
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I think I def want to try a Frunch, but I don't think I would go back for a regular ADR. If you want a better atmosphere, the Swalphin signatures are probably the best bet. Although the less popular Disney signatures can be quite nice. I'm a big Citricos fan myself.
Citricos is one of our favorites as well as Il Mulino & BlueZoo. Bistro has always intrigued me. I'm hoping we can book a Frunch in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Our ressies were for 8:30 on a Friday night (12/03/2010) the week after Thanksgiving. Don't know if that made a difference but we will definately go back.
Thank you, looks like later is the way to go!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #84
cbg1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
Excellent reviews! Looking forward to more.
Thank you for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love the way the table was set up in your room and you were even provided with salt, pepper and ketchup! It's a shame the food wasn't outstanding but what a view to have whilst eating breakfast
I forgot to mention there was butter and jam as well! The view makes the food taste better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Citricos is one of our favorites as well as Il Mulino & BlueZoo. Bistro has always intrigued me. I'm hoping we can book a Frunch in October.
I really want to try Il Mulino! I made it to bluezoo and liked that a lot, the review is coming in this series, in fact.

If I get the dates I want for F & W (Oct 24-28) then we should overlap! Maybe we could book a Frunch together. Make it a Friendie Frunch.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #86
cbg1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Me too! Me too!
Yes yes yes! Or should I say oui oui oui?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #87
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #88
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the updates, our son loved the room service when we stayed at AKL (eating breakfast and watching the zebras and giraffe running around.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #89
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing this review! I'm fairly hesitant as well to eat there, but the way I look at it, if BdP isn't perfect, there is always V&A's...

That lamb looks amazing, my DH will be super excited to know he can order meat rare. His biggest pet peeve in a restaurant is when this happens:

Server: How would you like your steak cooked, sir?
DH: Medium Rare, please.
Server: I'm sorry sir, we only serve our meat medium or above.
DH: Then why did you ask me????

God help us when he tries to order a burger!!!

jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #90
cbg1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome to my DR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Thanks for the updates, our son loved the room service when we stayed at AKL (eating breakfast and watching the zebras and giraffe running around.
AKL is definitely the best place to get room service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Thanks for sharing this review! I'm fairly hesitant as well to eat there, but the way I look at it, if BdP isn't perfect, there is always V&A's...

That lamb looks amazing, my DH will be super excited to know he can order meat rare. His biggest pet peeve in a restaurant is when this happens:

Server: How would you like your steak cooked, sir?
DH: Medium Rare, please.
Server: I'm sorry sir, we only serve our meat medium or above.
DH: Then why did you ask me????

God help us when he tries to order a burger!!!

I want to try V & A so bad! But it's hard to budget for it...I could eat 2-3 meals at a signature for the cost of one of those and I haven't been able to bring myself to decide I will eat at CS for dinner 3 nights in order to have 1 at V & A! I'm sure it's worth it...just haven't been able to do it yet.

Oh I hate places that will only cook medium and up. Although I figure if they're so worried about someone getting sick, then the meat can't be good quality to begin with.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: