DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quick trip to the World and this time I am not nuts

Pre-Trip

I spent the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s) in the hospital. Not a season to remember. It started with a slight swelling in my right foot that in less than a week spread to both legs. They swelled two to three time’s normal size. Not a pretty sight and I headed to the hospital. Then things got complicated.

What should have been a week+ stay ended up at six weeks. For the first three weeks, I was on complete bed rest which atrophied my arm and leg muscles. They then started a regimen of physical and occupational therapy. Eventually was transferred to a rehab hospital to accelerate progress. Things are much better now. They still have to see me regularly to monitor things and I am not back to my fighting weight (I lost 25 lbs.). Fingers are crossed that everything will eventually pass.

OK, so now you are thinking is this a medical trip report? Well, no it isn’t. One of things I had to do when I got home was to bank my DVC points before the deadline passed. MS informed me that there were still points that were banked the previous year. I have no idea how that happened but they needed to be used by June or disappear forever. Like H-E-double hockey sticks I was going to let that happen. My mind went to work figuring out a scenario. Since I rarely use my mind, it took a little while but I came up with a plan.

Called MS and tried for a Studio or 1BR at any resort but SSR or OKW. No offense to anyone but they are my least favorite resorts. The only thing available was a Standard View 1 BR for Monday at BLT. Booked that and waitlisted for Tuesday. It came through but for a Lake View 1 BR. Called MS again and asked to be waitlisted for a LV for Monday. It did not come through but stay tuned.

Is my room ready yet? Every time we rode the Monorail I would take pictures of the construction progress. This will be the first time I stayed here. A bonus.

Notice that I said this will be the first time “I” stayed there. As originally planned part of the trip was to do some College shopping and visits to Universities of Florida and Central Florida. Maybe South Florida in Tampa. DD’s school had a surprise and she needed to do some work over break. So she and one of her friends we invited (the kid named 1 from the Sweet 16 TR) could not go. So it was either cancel or go it alone. The decision was difficult to make. Really, it was. OK, no it wasn’t. I did not plan on going to the parks but mostly sit back and enjoy the hotel. No other plans but to visit TOTWL for snacks and fireworks. Meals and other activities will be made on the fly.

DD and 1 from the Sweet 16 trip. Yes, they will both be seniors next year and heading off to college the following year. Time flies with kids. I imagine I will be singing, “Where is the little girl I carried…” from Fiddler on the Roof. As an aside, we saw this together when I lived in New York and she was visiting over the summer. Seems like just yesterday.

The Sweet 16 gang. It was a fun trip and I even survived.

Last Thursday they had a ceremony to hand out the class rings. Here are a few shots.

Welcome the Class of 2012.

DD after getting her class ring.

Sitting with the rest of the group. That is 2 sitting with DD and 1. No idea who the goober is sitting next to 2. I keep telling DD boys are goofy at that age.

Post ceremony picture with 1. They grew up fast.

Sorry they couldn’t make it but we still have the summer. So that is the plan. Does it work out? Stay tuned to find out. Not sure how entertaining this TR will be. Going solo with no teenagers to make fun of and very little (or any) time planned in the parks. This could be boring.

Up next: Day 1: Checking in

Last edited by cj9200; 05-07-2011 at 06:52 AM.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: