Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
mapsd
Mouseketeer

Viva Italia Hotels-Family Suites?

Which of the hotels will have a room for 4, instead of 2 separate rooms?
Not sure if I'm comfortable with my 13 & 10 yo in a different room than us.

If we're arriving 2 nights early, is it better to reserve thru ABD, or will we get a better deal doing it on our own?
mapsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

I believe that the regular hotel rooms are generally on the smaller side throughout Europe.
I believe the hotels on this trip have 2 double beds per room, hardly enough room for 4. I think if you go onto the ABD website, they list the various room configurations.
I think you will be dealing with 2 rooms

I have booked and extra night at the end of our upcoming Italy trip through ABD. Although it was a bit more expensive, it was worth it to me since they still will provide the airport transfers, handle my bags and provide breakfast for that last morning.
If you decide to book you pre-trip days through them, check to see if they will provide airport transfers for your family. I'm sure they do.
Also, you will have to stay at their host hotel
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapsd View Post
Which of the hotels will have a room for 4, instead of 2 separate rooms?
Not sure if I'm comfortable with my 13 & 10 yo in a different room than us.
Here's what the ABD site has to say about the accommodations for Viva Italia (it's on the Rates & Dates page for some odd reason):

Quote:
Note on Accommodations: Subject to availability:

• Parties of three in Rome and Tuscany are accommodated in one room with one queen bed and one twin bed. Parties of three in Venice are accommodated in one room with a rollaway and either one queen bed or two twin beds.

• Parties of four booked as a quad:In Rome, quad rooms are accommodated in two rooms each having either 1 queen bed or 2 twin beds. Connecting or adjoining rooms may be requested but are not guaranteed. In Tuscany, quad rooms may be accommodated in two adjoining rooms each having either 1 queen bed or 2 twin beds or in a two bedroom apartment with 1 queen bed and 2 twin beds. Adjoining rooms may be requested but are not guaranteed. In Venice, Quads are accommodated in one room with 1 queen bed and 2 twin beds or a sofa bed or in two adjoining rooms each having 1 queen bed or 2 twin beds. Adjoining rooms may be requested but are not guaranteed. Accommodations subject to change.

• Parties of four booked as two doubles are accommodated in two rooms, each having either two twin beds or one queen bed. Connecting rooms may be requested in Rome only.
Quote:
If we're arriving 2 nights early, is it better to reserve thru ABD, or will we get a better deal doing it on our own?
In general, you can book the hotels cheaper on your own (the pre- & post- nights tend to be EXTREMELY pricey). But it can be worth it, because it includes your transfers, and you also will be in the same room you would be in for the actual ABD, so you will not need to pack & move to another room.

I booked the pre-day for my Alaska ABD through ABD for those reasons, and also because the first hotel for the ABD was sold out for that night. Also, I was arriving close to midnight, and liked the idea of ABD meeting me at the airport & transporting me to the hotel.

I haven't booked the pre-night for my Knights & Lights ABD through them, because the cost is just astronomical. I'm coming in 5 days early anyways (staying in Winchester for 3 days, then moving to London) so the transfers really wouldn't help.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: