Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #211
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh, I totally have the lines app too, and I love it! It is so nice not to have to worry about walking over to a location to know what the wait time is or if fastpasses are out.

Sounds like you guys had a good day at the Animal Kingdom.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #212
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Better in the river than on your shoes. Sloppy drunk and then you think it is good idea to get on a boat? But then again, a slow boat or a faster moving bus with no- over the side- ... he probably made the better choice.
You are right about that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh, I totally have the lines app too, and I love it! It is so nice not to have to worry about walking over to a location to know what the wait time is or if fastpasses are out.
It is really cool! The only problem was that with all the pictures I was taking and then uploading to FB with my phone, my battery was dying by mid afternoon. Even on a full charge!
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #213
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great day! I love your description of the hippo-- that is crazy!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #214
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Sounds like the hippos were just like the Brazilians- Mouths Wide Open.

Throw up stories are great! I've got one too. Over the side is great for fisherman on the Lakes.

I don't think they'll EVER get the Yeti fixed. Such a bummer.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #215
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you got so much done at AK on a 9/10 day! Sounds like a great safari. Too bad about the bird people not flying during the FotLK. That's always one of my favorite parts.

Shopping at Downtown Disney and dinner at WPE is such a perfect way to spend a night.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #216
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Sounds like you had a great day! I love your description of the hippo-- that is crazy!
I wish I had pictures of it, it WAS crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Sounds like the hippos were just like the Brazilians- Mouths Wide Open.

Quote:
Throw up stories are great! I've got one too. Over the side is great for fisherman on the Lakes.
You have a REALLY good throw up story - or wait, is that a hint of things to come?

Quote:
I don't think they'll EVER get the Yeti fixed. Such a bummer.
I wonder at this point if they've just given up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
I can't believe you got so much done at AK on a 9/10 day! Sounds like a great safari. Too bad about the bird people not flying during the FotLK. That's always one of my favorite parts.
I really think the touring plans folk overestimated. It didn't look too different crowd wise from when we were there in September. And those were all 1 to 4 crowds.

The bird part is one of my favorites too. And I didn't realize they weren't going to do it until they started reprising at the end. Out of the five of us, only my mom and I'd seen the show before. The other three were all blown away, and I had to tell them that its normally even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Shopping at Downtown Disney and dinner at WPE is such a perfect way to spend a night.
It was! Wish we had some steam left, and we could have seen Yeehaw Bob too, but it was still a really nice evening.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #217
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What a productive day at the AK. We saw Lion King for the first time on our last trip and I got a little teary eyed myself. I can't remember the last time I saw the Yeti working.

And that is way cool about the hippo!

RIP Genie
Old 03-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #218
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
You have a REALLY good throw up story - or wait, is that a hint of things to come?
Definitely some foreshadowing there....

Old 03-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #219
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
That does not sound good.

Rebecca! Honestly, who gets so drunked off their bum at Disney and literally can't walk back to their room. I can't understand it. It used to be worse when the clubs were still open at DTD. I always steered clear of Pleasure Island for that reason. Those crazy drunk people really ruin the magic. Despite all that, it sounds like you had a great day at AK!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #220
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a productive day at the AK. We saw Lion King for the first time on our last trip and I got a little teary eyed myself. I can't remember the last time I saw the Yeti working.

And that is way cool about the hippo!
It was definitely a surprisingly productive day, especially considering the delays we had throughout the morning.

Quote:
Uh oh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Rebecca! Honestly, who gets so drunked off their bum at Disney and literally can't walk back to their room. I can't understand it. It used to be worse when the clubs were still open at DTD. I always steered clear of Pleasure Island for that reason. Those crazy drunk people really ruin the magic. Despite all that, it sounds like you had a great day at AK!
It is crazy. I mean, it definitely didn't put a damper on our time, it was just a head scratcher, you know? I guess to each his own, but its certainly not a choice I would make!

Well, I can't believe how behind I've gotten! Its been a super busy work week for me, so I've barely touched the DIS. Hopefully I'll get caught up on yall's reports. I think I actually have an update that I've already done in Word that I can put up today. No promises, but I'll try!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #221
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I'm only 2.5 months late but am fully caught up!

PATHETIC!

Ok,...where to start.

I am SO jealous of the crowd levels at WWOHP, you have no idea. 10 min for FJ? 20 for Ollivanders? I am glad you all liked it. I think someone described as Soarin'+Spiderman with a little HM thrown in. I'm not sure that's exactly the right mix but it does get at it a little.

I agree that butterbeer is sweet. We had one frozen to share between 3 of us and didn't finish it and then later, a regular one, for 2 to share, same thing. We all preferred the frozen by quite a bit but it's like cheesecake or lobster, a little goes a long way.

That is horrible about the verbal abuse but smart you didn't get involved right there.

Also jealous you got to see the Tri-Wizard show. We were able to see the girls and boys for photo op but not any actual show. very cool!

I am CRACKING up about Jurassic Park. We did the same thing to Jeff's folks. Joke was on all of us though as we all got completely drenched and then were going straight to lunch so froze through lunch in the AC. It was pretty darn funny though a lost hat will lose some of that humor for sure.

I hear you on the lines at Pteradon. We did that ride in 04. The boys wanted to go on it this year and there was NO way I was waiting in that line again, which with the crowd levels while we were there would have been longer than 20 min. Isn't Spiderman great?

I am extremely impressed you made it to MK after dinner after a full day at IOA. Very impressive.

Onto the girls trip. What a stressful start! Between barely making the plane, it running out of coffee (how does THAT happen) and then the check in fiascos....I'd have been ready for a cocktail with my lunch! Seriously, after our online check in experience, and yours on this one, I really don't see the benefit.

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW on the drunk at DTD.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #222
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

I may have met some of your crew the night of the Princess Marathon. Silly question but was your group wearing tiaras. Do you have a picture of the day of the marathon (better yet the night of)? We met 3 nice girls from St. Louis on the monorail to MK that resemble the girls in you picture. They were having fun with my 5 year old Princess.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #223
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Episode 10: Epcot, Finally!

We got ourselves cleaned up and headed out to Epcot eventually. Since we didn’t get there until about 1:30, we were REALLY ready for lunch. First order of business was to grab fastpasses for Soarin,’ so we had lunch at Sunshine Seasons while we were there. Of course a visit to The Land is not complete without a tour of the greenhouses, so after we finished lunch we hopped on Living with the Land. I really enjoy that ride, even without the live narration.

From there, we headed over to Innoventions. Scott and my Dad wanted to try the Segway Experience. They’d tried to do it last visit and the line had been too long. This time they decided to wait. Scott and I had a 3-hour Segway Tour gift certificate that he had gotten me for our anniversary that we were planning on using sometime in October when we got back, so I figured I could wait until then. Nana and I took the girls over to that Velcro thing and made some frogs, then got in line for the Piggy Bank thing. I ended up getting out of line and letting my mom do the game with them so I could go back and forth between them and the guys to take pictures.

The guys enjoyed trying out the Segways, even though you only get about 3 minutes on it. They said it was different than they had imagined. Side note: we did get to do our Segway tour through Forest Park on a beautiful weekend in October. It was SO much fun. I highly recommend trying to do a Segway tour if you are ever visiting a city that has them. My mom just bought my dad a gift cert. for a tour for Valentines Day.

We rode Spaceship Earth next. This was a first for my parents. When they came with us in 2007, it was down for rehab. I LOVE LOVE this ride. I think because I have such a strong memory of it from my trip in 1986 with my grandparents, it has a nostalgic pull for me. I love the smell of the fake fire when Rome is burning. I even like the new ending. A lot.

After leaving Innoventions, we stopped for a drink at Club Cool and then headed to the left side of the park where we found that Test Track was only a 20 minute wait, so we went ahead and got in the standby line. This is one ride I really don’t mind waiting for, as there is so much to look at in the queue. We had a good ride – I think this was the first time Jenna didn’t get scared on the fast part at the end.

Mission Space was next – the green, less intense version if you please. I keep planning to try orange one of these days, but the wait was 20 or 30 minutes compared to a walk-on for green. So this would not be one of those days. We walked up to the castmember who was taking the cards and she directed us into a pod. We stood on our numbers and looked up expectantly to the video screen and waited for instructions. And waited. And waited. And waited some more. Eventually, we’d waited so long that people started sitting down on the floor. We all started talking and joking about being deserted in here and how we were going to survive. My mom, a big Survivor fan, suggested that we needed to elect a leader and start building a shelter. Someone else said we needed to inventory what food people had on them so we could ration it out. We were in there so long that people were starting to get slap-happy. Someone poked their head out the exit door, but couldn’t see any castmembers at all. Eventually we realized that we must have been forgotten. If their had been some kind of technical problem, surely their would have been an announcement of a CM would have come in to explain. Finally, one of the guys pried the elevator style doors that lead into the pod open. The stunned castmembers in the vestibule area turned around gaping at us. Everyone started talking at once, telling them that we’d been in there for an hour (it had probably been 15 or 20 minutes) and no one had come to get us. The CMs were bewildered – they led us into another room to wait for the next boarding. Apparently, they had shut us in and then closed off that section of the ride, forgetting we were in there! This was the weirdest thing I’ve ever had happen at WDW. I thought it was pretty funny, but my parents were a bit annoyed.

Our dinner ressie was at Le Cellier at 6:00. This one was for my dad, who is a huge carnivore. I like steak too, but if it were just us, we’d have gone somewhere new. They’d never been to Le Cellier, so I wanted to take advantage of the fact that it was still a 1 credit TS while we were there.

We were about 10 minutes late, but she said it was okay – they don’t clear your name out of the system until you are 15 minutes late. This was the first I’d ever heard of that. We’ve been more than an hour late before at more than one Disney restaurant and never had an issue getting seated. We waited about 15 minutes to be seated, which was fine.

I ordered some cheese soup to share with everyone. For entrees, Scott had the mushroom filet, which he said was the “best steak he’d ever had.” I got the Kansas City Strip with the coffee rub, my dad got the New York Strip and my mom got the chicken dish with the waffle thing. Jenna had a chicken breast and Lucy ordered a hot dog. Unfortunately, they didn’t bring her mustard until about halfway through the meal. My bumbleberry cobbler was very good, but it could have used more ice cream.

After dinner, we waddled back to Future World to use our fastpasses, then did a little shopping. I was looking for a sweatshirt, but I really couldn’t find anything I loved (or wanted to part with $50 for). Eventually I gave up and we headed back to the World Showcase Lagoon to watch Illuminations. With just a few minutes before showtime, we found some decent spots near the rail in between the bridge and Mexico.

Illuminations is always a fantastic show and in my opinion, totally worth staying for despite having to exit in the midst of all those crowds. We were home by 10 – plenty of time for some late night hot-tubbing!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #224
All7OfUs

That is so very odd, and yet so very hilarious about getting "forgotten". So weird! Maybe they could have softened the wait with a FiP?

Well, now that Le Cel is a 2 credit place, I proabably will never make it there. Unless it's for lunch; it's still 1 for lunch, right?

Old 03-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #225
klacey1
DIS Veteran

OMG! I can't believe you guys were forgotten on MS! How crazy! I'm in your parents' camp-- I would have been PISSED! Way to go you for just going with the flow.
Aww, SE has that same nostalgic pull for me, too-- it's the one ride I remember from my first trip. Such a great ride!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: