Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #13
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Perfect Day to Be a Princess...

Wednesday morning found us at the gates first, and then at the rope first! By now, the family was as eager as I to get to the parks ahead of the crowds and we all had a spring in our steps that carried us quickly to the rope...After waving at the characters in the window at Plaza Inn and waiting very patiently for a 6yo, the princess was chosen to open the park!

She was very excited, even though at first she wasn't sure what was going on...she got a laugh from the people near us when the CM asked her if she was excited (yes) and if she knew what the button meant (no)....

After she pushed the button, the CM gave us a head start and we headed straight for the PFF...while I was still keeping up the pace, there were a few runners that got ahead of us, but that just meant we got to spend a few minutes laughing it up with the great CM managing the line...

Inside PFF, we saw Aurora and Snow White:

Next we headed back to FL, and took a quick spin on the carousel before checking for our 10:00 appointment at the BBB. The BBB was packed! There were a handful of customers just wandering the store shopping, and a cluster of people around the check in kiosk...when we finally got through to the CM, we were given a pager and told it would be about 15 minutes...sooo...back out the door we headed and into Sleeping Beauty's Castle for a quick tour...

Upon exiting, we found Fairy Godmother taking pics in front of the statue, but our beeper went off and it was time to meet our own Fairy Godmother! The FGIT asked which princess she wanted to be, then led her over to the dress, shoes, etc...she was given a choice of 2 accessory sets, which I think were: gloves w/ purse; crown w/ wand; or jewelry...then the FGIT said she had to go consult with the mice and birds and would be right back...we wandered around the store looking at the other princess attire, and then we were led back to the changing room.

It was just as crowded in the back! The salon area is 2 rows of chairs with seats for the parents in front of each chair...you walk between the seats and the chairs, and almost every chair was full, plus there were people lined up at the back wall...the FGIT held open the curtain and told us that the mice hadn't been able to make glass slippers in the princess's size, but that there was a pair in the next size up and a pair of flip-flops in the right size...

Well, quoting the princess here: "Everyone knows Cinderella needs her glass slipper to become the princess"...and our little princess was not leaving without a pair of glass slippers, lol...Not a huge deal, she was in a stroller most of the day and we had a pair of shoes to swap out if she got tired of them...so:

After she had changed, we were given a bag to put her clothes and shoes in and led to the station where she would get her makeover...our FGIT was very quiet, but very friendly and she listened to and responded to the princess very happily...the princess was consulted on everything from which style up-do she would like to which colors of make-up she would wear...and...score! They had nailpolish! Woo-hoo!

I wish during this process our PP photographer had taken more pictures, but she was working the 2 stations on either side of us as well, so, I pulled out my camera and clicked away....after the transformation was complete, the FGIT turned the princess around to face the mirror, they said the magic words, and presto-chango the curtain opened to reveal her transformation...

Afterwards, we were led to the back of the salon where we waited to get into the carriage room, ie the photo room...I loved the room...the carriage and the little scene they had set up were perfect for little girls getting princess makeovers...the beelined it for the animals and sat right down smiling...the PP photographer here was different, and absolutely wonderful with the princess...I felt as though she would have been happy snapping pictures of the princess all day...I asked for a couple of specific things (such as the princess blowing a kiss from the coach) and she was like "great idea!" and "absolutely!"

...however, the princess soon grew tired of posing and so we headed out to wait for our pictures to be brought to us, then headed on over to the wishing well for a minute of peace and quiet while we all stretched a minute and regrouped...

Side note: when I asked the PP photographer in the carriage room about it being so busy, she said they are always busiest between 9 and noonish and commented that most of the people they see are headed over to dine with the princesses afterward (like us, of course)...she said the best time is after two, but of course that doesn't help anyone trying to make a princess lunch, lol...

Our next stop was the silhouette shop, so I could get one done of the on a guaranteed good-hair day , and then we headed over to DCA...we rode the Jumpin' Jellies, Golden Zephyr and had a quick visit with Duffy before checking into our 1:00 appointment...we were told we would be paged in about 10 minutes, and we were glad to wait in the air conditioning on the chairs while the other groups scheduled for the same time began trickling in...

The princess caught up on her reading, and we all people watched as the crowd at the top of the stairs/in the doorway grew...

At last we were beeped, and we headed down the stairs...first up was Ariel, and we were told that we would only get 1 chance for a picture/autographs w/ Ariel:

We were seated at our table, a nice booth near the doors that kept us away from the noise of the restaurant while still giving us a great view of the goings on...the enjoyed the appetizers:

...and we ordered our food before the ceremony began...the princesses circulated slowly around the room, stopping at every table and taking the time to sign autograph books, spend time with the children and chatting with the adults before taking pictures...it was absolutely wonderful!

...our was dazzled by the princesses and I know I was grinning like a dopey fool each time she hugged a princess or her face lit up while conversing with a princess...

The food was YUMMY! I had the chicken and everyone else had the tri-tip, all with mashed potatoes and veggies...the server even brought over extra olives and pickles for the princess when he noticed she wasn't eating her seashells...delish! and our drinks were never empty, either...we were so stuffed by the end of the meal, that we had to take our dessert back to the hotel.

After the meal, we waddled over to Wine Country Trattoria to pick up picnics for WoC for the night (Monday had been our planned night for the show, but w/ mom and sis sick, we decided to wait until Wednesday when we would be in the park anyway)...we lucked out and they still had blue FPs w/ the picnics ...after bagging everything up in the WoC bags they gave us for ordering so many picnics, we headed back to the hotel...

It took some creative reorganizing of the meals to get everything plus the dessert in the fridge, but we managed it, and then it was time for the princess and I to swim while everyone else passed out, lol...

After the break, we headed back to DCA, where the insisted we take her auntie on Monsters and then the , nana and sis #2 headed to Bugs Land while sis #1 and I rode Tower of Terror (standby, 10-15 minutes)...Then we walked down the pier and I showed everyone where we would be heading to get to TSMM on Friday...when they saw how long the line was, the sisters were like "NO WAY"...but I convinced them if we played our cards right, we would be able to walk right on ...it was pretty crowded on the pier, so we decided to work our way back and see if we could find a place to sit and rest for a bit....

Last edited by LoveMyBeautifulGift; 03-24-2011 at 12:37 AM.
LoveMyBeautifulGift is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: