Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #16
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
So .....

I'm going on a cruise in May and was planning on booking a dummy date at that time for Podcast Cruise 4.0 in order to get the OBC and 10% discount from DCL

Should I book the cruise now with Dreams to hold my reservation and then see if booking onboard works out better???

What to do, what to do
I would book it NOW - especially the way the Fantasy and Dream prices are increasing. Because the DIS group has a limited capacity - booking in May might be too late.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #17
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Since cabins are booked at a special group rate - am I correct that there would be no 10% discount or OBC for moving an onboard booking?
If you booked onboard and already named Dreams Unlimited Travel as your TA and move that booking to the PCC 4.0 sailing you can keep all of the perks and benefits you received from DCL for rebooking onboard as well as the current, full shipboard credit from Dreams Unlimited Travel.

If you booked onboard and are not currently booked with Dreams Unlimited Travel and want to move that booking to the PCC 4.0 sailing you can keep all of the perks and benefits you received for rebooking onboard from DCL but we may not be able to offer the current, full shipboard credit from Dreams Unlimited Travel. Tracey will be able to work with you on that - just drop her an email.

Now - we have seen some sailings not be eligible for the discount associated with rebooking while onboard but these were mostly special sailings like the maiden voyages. I doubt that will be the case with the date we picked for PCC 4.0.

The staterooms we have held under group space are priced as seen on the linked page provided. They are eligible for the full, current SBC from Dreams Unlimited Travel but not any additonal offers from Disney Cruise Line (Disney Visa, rebooking credits, etc)

Thanks
John

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #18
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
I would book it NOW - especially the way the Fantasy and Dream prices are increasing. Because the DIS group has a limited capacity - booking in May might be too late.
I was thinking the exact same thing

I've been watching cruise prices on the Dream & Fantasy increase almost on a daily basis

I guess I can always cancel the initial Dreams reservation if the May pricing onboard works out to be a better deal and naming Dreams as my TA of course

Better safe than sorry

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #19
kymickeyfan717

Mouseketeer

Woo-hoo - I've sent my email into Tracey to get my "dummy" date that I booked on PCC 2.0 moved to PCC 4.0

This cruise sounds like fun...
Old 03-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #20
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
If you booked onboard and already named Dreams Unlimited Travel as your TA and move that booking to the PCC 4.0 sailing you can keep all of the perks and benefits you received from DCL for rebooking onboard as well as the current, full shipboard credit from Dreams Unlimited Travel.
John, is one of the perks a discount on the next cruise? If so, is it for the total cost of the room? What if the second person is sailing with Disney for the first time?
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #21
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you booked onboard and already named Dreams Unlimited Travel as your TA and move that booking to the PCC 4.0 sailing you can keep all of the perks and benefits you received from DCL for rebooking onboard as well as the current, full shipboard credit from Dreams Unlimited Travel....

The staterooms we have held under group space are priced as seen on the linked page provided. They are eligible for the full, current SBC from Dreams Unlimited Travel but not any additonal offers from Disney Cruise Line (Disney Visa, rebooking credits, etc)
Now I'm confused! Are you saying that if I book one of the "A" cabins DU has on hold - that can't be combined with the onboard booking discount and OBC? Any other cabin category, or an A cabin booked at DCL's current price, does get the discount and OBC?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #22
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegal View Post
John, is one of the perks a discount on the next cruise? If so, is it for the total cost of the room? What if the second person is sailing with Disney for the first time?
The 'perks' are associated with the new cruise you booked while onboard, in general, will transfer to the new cruise date you select/move to.

If you received a 10% discount as part of the perk is off of the cruise fare portion of the booking. It does not apply to port charges, taxes and fees.

The perks 'belong' to the primary person on the reservation/the person the new booking was booked under. It doesn't matter who else is in the room.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #23
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Now I'm confused! Are you saying that if I book one of the "A" cabins DU has on hold - that can't be combined with the onboard booking discount and OBC? Any other cabin category, or an A cabin booked at DCL's current price, does get the discount and OBC?
Correct! The staterooms we have on hold are held under DCL group rate pricing. This price cannot be combined with the onboard perks (or any other offer from DCL). This is a DCL rule - not DU.

However, the price you get by booking onboard and transferring to PCC 4.0 'should' be less than what is on our site as that will reflect the discount - that is if you compare apples-to-apples.

My advice is to write to Tracey as she can give you specific information about your particular booking rather than me having to talk in generalities.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #24
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Correct! The staterooms we have on hold are held under DCL group rate pricing. This price cannot be combined with the onboard perks (or any other offer from DCL). This is a DCL rule - not DU.

However, the price you get by booking onboard and transferring to PCC 4.0 'should' be less than what is on our site as that will reflect the discount - that is if you compare apples-to-apples.

My advice is to write to Tracey as she can give you specific information about your particular booking rather than me having to talk in generalities.
Thank you, John!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #25
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is listed on Dreams Unlimited's site as a western: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com.../caribbean.htm
Dang - I was hoping for the eastern. DH likes more "sea" days. This might be difficult to talk him into.

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #26
sshaw10060
DIS Veteran

We're there. Unless of course DCL announces a Hawaii repositioning cruise. then there might be some family conflict.

sshaw10060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #27
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

I have sent my email to Tracey for my cruise quote. I have a question. My roomie and I are hoping for a twin bed cabin. We also were hoping for a verandah. Does anyone know if they have twin bed cabins with verandahs? The twins are the priority. Neither of us are up to climbing into the pull down berth and we like having the couch available and not being made up as a bed. Besides, how do we decide who gets the bed vs. the couch.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #28
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
I have sent my email to Tracey for my cruise quote. I have a question. My roomie and I are hoping for a twin bed cabin. We also were hoping for a verandah. Does anyone know if they have twin bed cabins with verandahs? The twins are the priority. Neither of us are up to climbing into the pull down berth and we like having the couch available and not being made up as a bed. Besides, how do we decide who gets the bed vs. the couch.

Kim
The beds are all queens that don't split. I heard rumors that a few cabins do have split beds, but at this point, I haven't confirmed that to be the case. Again, I don't know how many non-family travelers complained about this on the Dream. Maybe they'll offer some split beds on the Fantasy. I doubt it, though.

I'm already booked on a May 2012 cruise (same western itinerary) on the Fantasy, but I already volunteered to take the sofa futon-ish thing. My friend slept on the sofa during our Disney Magic cruise (3 of us in a cabin that time), so this was not an issue for me to reciprocate the sacrifice!

I won't be booking this cruise because I don't want to repeat the same itinerary. I will probably move my dummy date to a Dream cruise around this date range.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #29
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

I've got all my info from Tracey, now it's a matter if I want to change cruises....this one does sound much more exciting...besides, we've been to Nassau...I'd rather go to different ports...let's hope all parties agree.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #30
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

I am loving the different itinerary and the fact it is a seven night. Never been to these ports, I am looking forward to all three. And Castaway of course. That I can repeat.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: