Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #751
LeslieLou
Mouseketeer

I've just booked my first club level stay at YC at the end of September. Our intentions are to make it a resort stay and visit MK for MNSSHP only. I have DH, DS5, and DS2.

Did I make a good choice? I figure I still have time to change...I'm still weighing in my head if the club level is worth it and if YC CL is the right one, but I figure if we're at the resort almost the entire trip...it probably is?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #752
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Clare-I've done Poly CL 5 times and AKL CL twice. Here are my thoughts:

AKL is really very magical. I wasn't expecting to love it so much. I was worried that the lounge being on another floor would be a pain but it really wasn't a big deal. The breakfast offerings were very good! The fruit was even better than BWI. They also had both oatmeal and quinoa. I know you have food allergies so not sure what food would work best for you. I never had any issues with the bus service at AKL.

Poly location really can't be beat. Boat or monorail to MK and walk to TTC for direct monorail. I love the beach and love the Poly lit up at night with the Tiki torches. Can't beat the view from the CL lobby there. I would say breakfast offerings are much better elsewhere but the price is very high. Since I tend to make most use of the lounge at breakfast I now stay elsewhere.
Thank you Although I've got the Poly booked there's something in my heart (without sounding all mushy lol) that says AKL, it's somewhere I've visited and immediately felt 'comfortable', I really would like to do the Wanyama Safari so that's another tick in the box for the AKL, but then I fancy doing MVMCP and feel the Poly is easier. Then again I might just return to the BWI Seriously though it really will be the Poly or AKL for my last 3 nights.

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #753
Minniemiss
DIS Veteran

We have a standard view WL Cl booked. We had our Travel agent ask for a kingsize bed. DH is 6'4. Do they have kingsize beds? I seem to recall one of the resorts not having any CL kingsize available. Hopefully WL isn't the one.

Thanks for any info.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #754
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
I've just booked my first club level stay at YC at the end of September. Our intentions are to make it a resort stay and visit MK for MNSSHP only. I have DH, DS5, and DS2.

Did I make a good choice? I figure I still have time to change...I'm still weighing in my head if the club level is worth it and if YC CL is the right one, but I figure if we're at the resort almost the entire trip...it probably is?
Especially since you are spending so much time at the resort---I think club level is definitely worth it! The EPCOT area is wonderful, YC is great (although BWI is my favorite EPCOT resort).

I think you will enjoy staying club level!!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #755
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
Thank you Although I've got the Poly booked there's something in my heart (without sounding all mushy lol) that says AKL, it's somewhere I've visited and immediately felt 'comfortable', I really would like to do the Wanyama Safari so that's another tick in the box for the AKL, but then I fancy doing MVMCP and feel the Poly is easier. Then again I might just return to the BWI Seriously though it really will be the Poly or AKL for my last 3 nights.
Well, you can't go wrong with either choice...and I understand that "feeling" you get when a resort calls!

I have to say that I was SO disappointed in the last MVMCP I attended--way oversold and crowded. I won't go back there (but I will go back to Poly).

I love AKL club level, I really really love Poly club level--and I really really really really love BWI club level!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #756
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
I didn't look at the ingredient list very closely, but they must have sugar mixed in, b/c the box advertised on the front that they would make coffee that was slightly sweet. I might have to break into one of the boxes this weekend just to try them.
FWIW, I'm a relatively die-hard latte drinker, and I adore both the Iced Via and the unsweetened regular Via. The flavored hot ones are a little too sweet for my taste.

I like to heat up a cup of milk, add the Via powder (and the right amount of water), plus a splash of either vanilla coffee creamer or actual vanilla and about a teaspoon of sugar. It's ridiculous how good it is.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:43 AM   #757
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
Well, you can't go wrong with either choice...and I understand that "feeling" you get when a resort calls!

I have to say that I was SO disappointed in the last MVMCP I attended--way oversold and crowded. I won't go back there (but I will go back to Poly).

I love AKL club level, I really really love Poly club level--and I really really really really love BWI club level!
I last went to MVMCP in 2006 and I found it pretty crowded then, that is so disappointing that it still appears to be that way

LOL re. the BWI, I love that CL too but this year I need a change.

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 03-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #758
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
I last went to MVMCP in 2006 and I found it pretty crowded then, that is so disappointing that it still appears to be that way

LOL re. the BWI, I love that CL too but this year I need a change.
We are hoping MVMCP will have started when we are there in early November. Do you think it would be crowded then, or is it only in December that it gets packed?

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 25/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 03-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #759
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
We are hoping MVMCP will have started when we are there in early November. Do you think it would be crowded then, or is it only in December that it gets packed?
Can only say that I went on Nov. 16, a Tuesday, and it was not a good experience.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #760
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
Can only say that I went on Nov. 16, a Tuesday, and it was not a good experience.
Ugh! Crowded that early is not a good sign! Thanks for the info!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 25/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 03-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #761
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Ugh! Crowded that early is not a good sign! Thanks for the info!
I was just thinking that too I went in early December and it was way too crowded for a ticketed event, I was hoping November might be OK.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #762
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

The Halloween and Christmas parties used to be a good deal: the cost was reasonable, the crowds were just about right, and there was a "freebie" (keepsake photo).

The past several years, they've cut back on the "freebies", ticket prices have increased sharply and they way oversell the parties.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #763
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
We pack the Starbucks Via packets on all trips... just in case....
My DH is addicted to Via! We don't travel without them either!

3 nights Swan suite
7 nights CR, CL MKV, 1BR Suite
tween son
Old 03-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #764
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

*fidget*

*fidget*

I've made a measly 2, yes TWO ADR requests with the Poly IPO. Because I'm such a micro-manager (re: anal retentive), I was perusing the availability of the two places I'm trying to book ... and they're both available. Should I be a good girl and step away from the computer and let them do their thing or should I make their job a little lighter?

The only other ADR I booked was for the first part of our vacation -- non-Club Level. I'm so scared of commitment. Too many ADRs make me feel trapped.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #765
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
*fidget*

*fidget*

I've made a measly 2, yes TWO ADR requests with the Poly IPO. Because I'm such a micro-manager (re: anal retentive), I was perusing the availability of the two places I'm trying to book ... and they're both available. Should I be a good girl and step away from the computer and let them do their thing or should I make their job a little lighter?

The only other ADR I booked was for the first part of our vacation -- non-Club Level. I'm so scared of commitment. Too many ADRs make me feel trapped.
I sent over our list of requests with full faith they will be able to secure what we want at an adequate time. I put the harder to book requests towards the end of our trip so that not too many other people would have a chance to book ahead of us....at least that's how it works out in my head.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: