Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #121
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Not the same logic. Polynesian is currently open for pool hopping by DVC members. SAB is currently closed to pool hopping by DVC members. So DVC members have no choice to ask the lifeguard if they can swim. They are not permitted to pool hop to SAB.
Then what is the main reason for the Polynesian giving our wrist bands to their guests when they go to the Volcano pool?
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #122
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Then what is the main reason for the Polynesian giving our wrist bands to their guests when they go to the Volcano pool?
Probably to keep the non-guests out of the pool. But DVC is permitted to hop there. Those are the DVC rules as of now. No change. No matter what logic you want to apply.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #123
TurkA77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Are the wrist bands given out during the busy season when the pools get over filled, or is it a year round thing?
TurkA77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #124
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkA77 View Post
Are the wrist bands given out during the busy season when the pools get over filled, or is it a year round thing?
If it's just like Stormalong Bay then I am going to assume the wrist bands are given out everyday.

Plus even though DVC members can still pool hopp to the Polynesian if they wanted to I still think if the wrist bands are given out to keep away those from swimming their illegally. Maybe one day the Polynesian will be added to the list with Stormalong Bay, the pool at Bay Lake Tower and at the Animal Kingdom Lodge to where DVC members can't pool hopp or maybe that won't ever happen. So my logic is valid that obviously illegal pool hopping to the Polynesian was becoming a problem which is the reason for the wrist bands, so those people might have spoiled it for DVC members who liked to swim there when they pool hopp.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #125
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances with Woozles View Post
Pool Hopping Never knew you could do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL50Cruiser View Post
Only at some resorts I think.
Only if you are a DVC member staying on a DVC reservation.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #126
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

My friend was @ the Poly pool today and she posted that they were giving out wristbands so it definitely seems to be more common at the Poly this spring. I think that's a good thing definitely for those staying there. I could hop there as a DVC member, but it's too much hassle to me - never enough time. I swim there when I stay there and that's enough for me.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #127
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkA77 View Post
I HOPE that the wristbands at the Poly stay for good. And I also hope that the fact that you have to be banded deters people from using the chairs on the beach in front of the pool as well. I pay to stay at the Poly for two reasons, the location and the pool/beach. If I can't get a chair because a group of people has hopped over and are currently occupying the space, it's irritating. I think all guests of a hotel should be given priority use of the hotel's services. You are paying to stay there, you are paying for the access to the facilities.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #128
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

So DVC members can pool hop there? At all other resorts also?
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #129
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL50Cruiser View Post
So DVC members can pool hop there? At all other resorts also?
DVC members staying on a points reservation can (sometimes) hop to the poly pool, yes.

there are resort pools that are always off limits (BC/YC, AKL/AKV and BLT). there are also certain dates (usually more crowded) that are off limits for ANY pool hopping at all.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #130
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

OK. Good to know. Thanks for the post.
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #131
Tink51196
Earning My Ears

I will be staying at CBR this year. What kind of resort id is given to me and how do you keep it in a safe place at the pool when a family is actually in the pool swimming. I'm always concerned that it will get stolen when I leave to go in a public pool.
Tink51196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #132
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink51196 View Post
I will be staying at CBR this year. What kind of resort id is given to me and how do you keep it in a safe place at the pool when a family is actually in the pool swimming. I'm always concerned that it will get stolen when I leave to go in a public pool.
It's your room key - like a credit card with your name on it. You can purchase one of the pool boxes (small with a cord on them) that you can wear around your neck while you are swimming if you don't want to leave it at the pool.

Usually, when we go to the pool, my son and husband are in the pool a lot of the time and I'm sitting at the pool reading or napping. So I keep the room key on me.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #133
KSandbergFL
Life is what happens to you, in between Disney cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It's your room key - like a credit card with your name on it. You can purchase one of the pool boxes (small with a cord on them) that you can wear around your neck while you are swimming if you don't want to leave it at the pool.

Usually, when we go to the pool, my son and husband are in the pool a lot of the time and I'm sitting at the pool reading or napping. So I keep the room key on me.
in our experience, you need to have every key, for every person in your party, handy. We stayed at the Yacht Club recently, and I (being the daddy) only took my room key.. we left DW and DS keys back in the room so they wouldn't get lost. Well, they wouldn't let my DW and DS in until I went back to the room and got every key. It was kind of a pain. Once in, i kept all the keys with me.
KSandbergFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #134
wvulion
Mouseketeer

Bands are enforced only at busy times

I was at the Polynesian in late January and early February, and they were passing out wristbands like candy, but only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I was using my DVC pool hopping privileges, and when I inquired "why the bands now?" after not on Tuesday, a very nice cast member, who remembered me from before explained. In very non-Disney terms, he said that people who weren't staying on property at all, were riding on the Monorail around from the Magic Kingdom, and swimming, then heading back to the park for the evening. Locals it sounded like, who were familiar with the lay of the land. He said they mostly had problems on weekends and Grad Nights (weird, I know). So he banded me and my four-year-old niece, and that was the end of it. He said they "wouldn't normally inconvenience you, but I want you to get what you pay for."
wvulion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #135
sixcats
DIS Veteran

I honestly wish they would have bands at all of the resorts that are close to the parks. We've watched large groups take up two or three tables at the BW pool for hours. Later they all packed up and headed back to the campground. I also wish there was a way to keep people from saving chairs for hours while not in the pool area.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: