Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #616
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Catching up againg

Sorry about your panic attack. I am glad you were able to enjoy the rest of the day

Really enjoying all your pics, especially the ones in Mr. Lincoln Displays

I am getting really excited to plan a trip to Disneyland

Looks so awesome there

Both of your hotels look great

Old 03-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #617
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Don't you just love the new white bedspreads? Those are the same as at the DLH and I thought the Mickey heads on them were so adorable. I would love to have one even though I have always sworn I would not have a white bedspread.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #618
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Catching up againg

Sorry about your panic attack. I am glad you were able to enjoy the rest of the day

Looks so awesome there

This is why I told you that it was just as nice to stay offsite. The places offsite are nice and cheaper.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #619
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
You're very welcome!! I was sooooooooo tempted to bring home the mickey head cover off the bed....but I was afraid they would notice......

Love Surf's Up!!!
Can you imagine the extra charge on your bill if you took it??
Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #620
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

I wish they had auctioned the old linens from here and the DLH online for charity or something. I would have loved to have one of the old attractions bedspreads from DLH.

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #621
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
As always love the latest installment and that is great that PPH gave you the buttons and signed photo. They are really great about that. I can tell you we stayed here for mom's birthday on the ladies trip last year and they went above and beyond. Gave her ballons, a button made a cute little cake out of washclothes and gave us some mickey rice krispie treats as well as a coupon for a free photo through photo pass. We also got chocolates every single night.

We then stayed at Grand Cal the following June and I told them it was MY birthday and I practically had to beg just to get the pin and all I got was the pic of Minnie. Nothing else and we only got the chocolates on our first night. The room was MUCH smaller and they put us at the VERY end of like 3 LOOOOONG hallways! I have stayed at all 3 now and I have to say we prefer PPH the best! I like the restaurants and pool at DL the best but I look the actual hotel at PP much better.

We had planned to do dinner at PCH Grill again this summer but now that we are not going I don't know when we will make it back but I def want to go and the kids want to do the kitchen sink!!

Mom and I are going to try and stay there in Oct if we go and IF the prices are right!

Heck we may even stay there for the ladies trip again if the prices are decent. If that is still considered off season they might be who knows!

Also I wanted to say that we did the BBQ also last june and loved it and I had planned to take dh there this past Dec but it got rained out and then we were going to go on our summer trip THIS year but now we had to cancel so EVENTUALLY I will get back there lol. Don't know if we will go in Oct or not but if enough of us go maybe there will be interest in everyone who goes wanting to do a group meal!

I know when a bunch of us went in oct of 09 that is kind of what we did. We arranged to meet for 2 or 3 meals and then everyone kind of did their own thing the rest of the trip. It was nice because we got to see everyone and visit during a few meals and then people that were there with family still got to spend family time too and didn't feel like they were ignoring their family. It was nice!

Anyway as always anxious to see your next installment and have a nice time tonight!
I loved everything about the PPH, not once did we walk by a CM there & not get talked to......even if it was just a hello. We walked into the Grand many, many times & not once person said hi.

PCH Grill has the best dinners & the Kitchen Sink is just something else!!!! Hope you get to have one very soon!!! The girls would love it!

Quote:
Catching up againg

Looks so awesome there

The panic attack sucked but I refused to let it control the rest of my trip!!

It was great looking at the displays with virtually no one else around!!

Disneyland is AWESOME!!!! Hope you get to go very, VERY soon!!

The good neighbor hotels we've liked was the HoJo, Carousel & Tropicana.....just as nice...rooms a bit smaller than the resort rooms.....but beds very comfortable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Don't you just love the new white bedspreads? Those are the same as at the DLH and I thought the Mickey heads on them were so adorable. I would love to have one even though I have always sworn I would not have a white bedspread.
I know.....white would be hard to keep clean, but it sure does brighten up the room!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Can you imagine the extra charge on your bill if you took it??
It's HOW MUCH???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
I wish they had auctioned the old linens from here and the DLH online for charity or something. I would have loved to have one of the old attractions bedspreads from DLH.
We talk about those bedspreads all the time here.....wondering what they did with them......I would have given my left foot to have one of them!!! The colors on it wasn't the most appealing, but all the attractions on them made them a classic!!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #622
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
You're very welcome!! I was sooooooooo tempted to bring home the mickey head cover off the bed....but I was afraid they would notice......

Love Surf's Up!!!
Sounds like something I would have thought of doing too.

Going to check it out.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #623
VintageDisneyRules

Quote:

We talk about those bedspreads all the time here.....wondering what they did with them......I would have given my left foot to have one of them!!! The colors on it wasn't the most appealing, but all the attractions on them made them a classic!!!!!
Lots of Disney items end up on ebay or are sold through different sites. One place is called Kingdon Collectables. I bought a parking lot sign from them last year. I also bought 4 yards of fabric on ebay that was used for bedspreads. I haven't made a spread yet. .
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #624
VintageDisneyRules

Rest of fabric. It's really nice with lots of rides shown.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #625
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
This is why I told you that it was just as nice to stay offsite. The places offsite are nice and cheaper.
Quote:
I loved everything about the PPH, not once did we walk by a CM there & not get talked to......even if it was just a hello. We walked into the Grand many, many times & not once person said hi.

PCH Grill has the best dinners & the Kitchen Sink is just something else!!!! Hope you get to have one very soon!!! The girls would love it!

The panic attack sucked but I refused to let it control the rest of my trip!!

It was great looking at the displays with virtually no one else around!!

Disneyland is AWESOME!!!! Hope you get to go very, VERY soon!!

The good neighbor hotels we've liked was the HoJo, Carousel & Tropicana.....just as nice...rooms a bit smaller than the resort rooms.....but beds very comfortable!!

I know.....white would be hard to keep clean, but it sure does brighten up the room!!!

It's HOW MUCH???

Yeah, if I do stay offsite, it will be Carousel Inn or Ho Jo's for sure

The Disney hotels are so tempting
Old 03-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #626
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Lots of Disney items end up on ebay or are sold through different sites. One place is called Kingdon Collectables. I bought a parking lot sign from them last year. I also bought 4 yards of fabric on ebay that was used for bedspreads. I haven't made a spread yet. .
Quote:
Rest of fabric. It's really nice with lots of rides shown.
Hmmmmmmmm, interesting.....might need to go check that out!!!! Of course, I don't sew........so getting fabric would make me go.....now what?!

Quote:
Yeah, if I do stay offsite, it will be Carousel Inn or Ho Jo's for sure

The Disney hotels are so tempting
I can't speak on the regular rooms at the HoJo....we stayed in a premium view room......but they were large sized rooms.....lots of space, lots of counters to put stuff on, etc.

The Carousel rooms are the standard motel room size....not much room to move around.......not a whole lot of flat services to put stuff on either.

So food for thought when deciding. HoJo a little longer walk....but really I didn't find it a problem.....we walked on the opposite side of the street (closest to the park/across from all the motels & foot traffic) & found it quite enjoyable.....and the Carousel is very close to the pedestrian crossing for the park.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 03-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #627
DizNee Luver

When I left off, we had shown off the buffet. So here's are plates (at least my plate & Mike's 1st one.....lol)

Mickey took a break & so Pluto stepped in for a few minutes. He was all alone.....so of course I had to go up & see him!!

I of course love that this is the only meal that's hosted by Mickey.....but this meal is extra special because of this guy...........

It was dance time.......so Minnie & Max showed off their moves.

Once we were done with our breakfast, our waitress brought out a special Anniversary Dessert for Mike & I.

Next to our table was Max!

Mickey was hanging out & waiting for families to come in.....so he was doing a little dancin' & posing when he noticed my camera.

Pluto came by our table. (or as Shyann calls him.......Doggy!!!)

We hung out after we were done, because Minnie was getting close to our table & she was the only character that hadn't been to our table yet.

After breakfast, we decided to head to the World of Disney store & do our "big" shopping. Being short of money, I would not be renewing my AP as planned today. (it expired that day). So figured I'd get that 20% discount on our souvenirs while I could!!! Now if you read my summer trip....you'll remember that my bill totalled over $800.....so you'll be proud of me this time......only $380!!

We had the bags sent back to the hotel & finally headed to the parks!!

Old 03-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #628
DizNee Luver

We finally made it Disneyland at 12:15pm!!!! (this of course was my 5th day.....but this was Mike's 1st day!!)

Our first stop was City Hall to inquire if the Lilly Belle would be out today (it had rained all night but was sunny today). She was not running today (I did find out why later in the trip...I'll share that later on)

The Disneyland Band was playing around the flag pole so we took a few pics.

Another popcorn cart......

We went & picked up a FP for Indy after stopping to look at the Wait Times Board.

We pretty much walked right on to POTC, followed by walking on to the Haunted Mansion. This is from the yard at HM.

While walking up the sidewalk into the HM, I snapped a quicky photo of the work being done on Splash Mountain.

We took some pictures from around the Rivers of America area......it's so beautiful!

The petrified tree.....a gift from Walt to Lillian who decided the gift would be much better at Disneyland than it would be at her home.

Another popcorn cart.....

Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #629
DizNee Luver

We headed to BTMRR to pick up a FP, but due to the small crowds, it was closed......so we did the stand by line.......we waited less than 10 mins.

I'm not sure where Mike took these pics....but it had to be somwhere over by BTMRR.

After our wildest ride in the wilderness.....we went to use our FP for Indiana Jones. We got the front seat & I got to drive!!!

We decided to head to Fantasyland & went the back path past BTMRR. Mike had never been in the Big Thunder Ranch, so he went in & took some pics of the inside of the cabin. When I was in doing pics there over the weekend, there was a craft project going on in there.

We were getting thirsty, so we went over to Coke Corner to get a Cherry Coke...... ahhhhhhhhh

We took a spin on the teacups.....short line for Fantasyland!!

We headed to Space Mtn to see if a FP would be at a time we could use today or if stand-by was doable......neither were, so we caught the Captain EO show. I had never seen this. It actually bugged Mike when the seats kept bouncing. It bugged both of us that the bouncing wasn't in beat to the music....that sort of thing drives me crazy.....lol

We decided to take the monorail back to DTD, since we had a dinner ressie to get to. Before leaving the parks, I took a few pics from around the Finding Nemo Ride.

These were taken from the Monorail platform.

We got on the monorail & headed to DTD.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #630
DizNee Luver

When we got off the monorail, we headed back to PPH, going the back way (to the backside of the hotel). Here's a few of the things I found picture worthy!

This huge surfboard is on the side of the PPH parking garage.

More things on the backside of the PPH.

Look at the sharp things coming out of the trunk of this tree!!! OUCHIE!!!

More stuff.....

It's a musical rock......lol

The arranged flowers inside the PPH.

The 2 signs in our elevator.......I was feeling snap-happy today....lol

Pics of the pool area from the 9th floor.

The lamp in the lobby area by the elevators on the 9th floor.

Mike spotted a firetruck after we got into our room....so he of course had to get a picture of that.....he used to be a volunteer firefighter & a paramedic.....so the "woo woo's" always excite him.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: