Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #151
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
just joining in and way behind- but i wanted to say i love the haircut! what a great memory. we get to do that next trip too!
sam had a great age/ height for this trip! dd was 40" fo rthe last trip, and was able to ride a ton. she has three she is looking forward to this next trip- space, everest, and tower of terror. i was most worried about space (i love tower) but it seems that it was the easiest.
looking forward to more!

I'm so glad we had Matthew's first haircut done there, even though he barely had enough hair to do it! It is a great memory, and was our way of making the trip special for him since he wouldn't remember any of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes78 View Post
Joining in late also, looking forward to reading more! We've been twice with two little ones - our boys were about Sam and Madeleine's ages on our first trip two years ago. You're right, "4" is the magic age. I felt like my oldest, Caden, was old enough to do a lot of riding, but young enough to still believe in the Disney magic. He was able to ride a bit more on our Thanksgiving trip 4 months ago, but was already starting to say, "Mom, that's someone dressed in a Mickey suit, isn't it?"

They're 6 and 3 now, and we have another one on the way, so it's interesting for me to find out what it will be like to go with THREE kids. Your report has been so fun to read, and with itineraries similar to ours have been, you're bringing back a lot of fond memories!
Glad you're joining me!
Congratulations on your upcoming addition!!
We hope to go again within the next year and it will be interestiing to see how different it is with the kids at 6, 4 and almost 3!
I hope to have another update done soon. Life has been so busy!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 03-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #152
lexmas
DIS Veteran

I have gotten so behind and I am so very sorry! Life has gotten in the way. I hope to be caught up in the next few days!!!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #153
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
I have gotten so behind and I am so very sorry! Life has gotten in the way. I hope to be caught up in the next few days!!!
Christa!!!!!!!
I've missed you! I was worried. I hope all is well.

February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #154
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
Christa!!!!!!!
I've missed you! I was worried. I hope all is well.
Aww, thanks! Things are fine here...we've just been busy with normal life stuff, and we've had some stressful events lately, but that's all pretty much resolved and getting back to normal. So now I'm looking forward to catching up on all that I've missed!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 03-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #155
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Caught up! What a productive morning...all those rides on the barnstormer for Sam, that is AMAZING! How he must have loved that!

That is so cute that Madeleine wanted to meet Minnie. I'm sure you breathed a BIG sigh of relief when you walked in and she was there! You must have been praying so hard for those few seconds! She looks VERY happy to be meeting Minnie in those pictures! We had a few moments like that where no one cared about Mickey. Sydney was SO into Minnie Mouse and the CM would have to be like, um...Mickey is over here...

I love that the characters are riding the teacups! It's the little things like that that really make your day, isn't it? We saw Alice walking with the Mad Hatter from Main Street back toward the tea cups one day, chatting the whole time, and we loved it so much!

I'm glad that Matthew got such a great nap. Can't take too many chances with puke.

An encounter with PUSH! I have never met Push, and I've only seen DeVine at the animal kingdom once. I just don't run into these "extra" characters. But I LOVE hearing about encounters with them. It sounds like a lot of fun!

I love the night parades. And you got such great pictures of it! My pictures of the night parades are always terrible.

So glad to be caught up. It sounds like bad things are coming, with both you and Matthew being sick at AK...

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 03-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #156
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
Caught up! What a productive morning...all those rides on the barnstormer for Sam, that is AMAZING! How he must have loved that!

That is so cute that Madeleine wanted to meet Minnie. I'm sure you breathed a BIG sigh of relief when you walked in and she was there! You must have been praying so hard for those few seconds! She looks VERY happy to be meeting Minnie in those pictures! We had a few moments like that where no one cared about Mickey. Sydney was SO into Minnie Mouse and the CM would have to be like, um...Mickey is over here...

I love that the characters are riding the teacups! It's the little things like that that really make your day, isn't it? We saw Alice walking with the Mad Hatter from Main Street back toward the tea cups one day, chatting the whole time, and we loved it so much!

I'm glad that Matthew got such a great nap. Can't take too many chances with puke.

An encounter with PUSH! I have never met Push, and I've only seen DeVine at the animal kingdom once. I just don't run into these "extra" characters. But I LOVE hearing about encounters with them. It sounds like a lot of fun!

I love the night parades. And you got such great pictures of it! My pictures of the night parades are always terrible.

So glad to be caught up. It sounds like bad things are coming, with both you and Matthew being sick at AK...
Yes, the Barnstormer marathon was pretty amazing! He will be sad to see the Barnstormer gone on our next trip.

Thank goodness Minnie was there!!! I felt so bad for Mickey though!

I hope you will run into PUSH on one of your upcoming trips. That was really fun.

I don't know how I got such good night pictures of the parade. My fireworks pictures were horrible! We've since gotten an new camera.

Hoping to update soon - kids have been sick. I'm sending you a PM!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #157
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Hello All! Sorry I've been such a slacker. Life has been so busy and I'm also in the midst of planning our 2nd family trip to WDW!!! We are heading back in the fall and are so excited!

Old 05-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #158
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Yay!! when are you going in the fall? I love Oct, it is my favorite time to visit WDW.

Don't worry about the TR- I'm just finishing mine now from last Oct, and that is only because we're leaving on our next trip in a week and I'm feeling the pressure to get it done. We'll still be here when you get chance!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #159
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Yay!! when are you going in the fall? I love Oct, it is my favorite time to visit WDW.

Don't worry about the TR- I'm just finishing mine now from last Oct, and that is only because we're leaving on our next trip in a week and I'm feeling the pressure to get it done. We'll still be here when you get chance!
We are looking at the end of October into the beginning of November and the beginning of November through the weekend before Thanksgiving. We're planning 12 days this time, with the 10 day Magic Your Way plus Water Park Option tickets. We didn't do water parks last time, so they will be a new experience! We loved our January trip, but we want the chance of a little bit warmer weather this time. I have been going back and forth, back and forth with crowd levels, weather and flight prices!!!!! I'm driving myself crazy!! Just can't decide the "best" time to go between October 21st and November 20th. In the meantime, I've started making just a few ADR's for the end of October (Crystal Palace to see Pooh - Matthew's current obsession, and Akerhus to see the princesses for Madeleine!) in case those end up being our dates and will just cancel them if not. Sorry, not meaning to turn this into a PTR!!! I'm going to study your TR now to get some October insight!

Anyway, your trip is so close!!! You must be so excited!!! I hope you have a fabulous, magical time!!!!!

Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #160
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

If you want to do the waterparks, I'd go earlier instead of later. You could get lucky and have warm weather in Nov, but in my experience it really does start to cool off. In my 10 years of living in FL, I remember Thanksgivings where we were in coats, but also ones where we had to turn on the AC, so its really up to chance.

Also the Food and WIne festival will be over by the end of Nov, so if you want to catch that, it would be better to do earlier. I think it ended around the 2nd week in Nov this year, so I can imagine it will end around the same time next year.

Also if you go at the end of Oct, you could do a MNSSHP! We didn't do it this trip because with Everett being so little we didn't think we'd make it til midnight, but I've done it two other times, and it is always worth the money. We've had so much fun as big kids, I can only imagine how much more fun it would be with children. If you went the week of Halloween, you could do the last party, which usually falls on the 1st of Nov. I've heard that party is less crowded, and it you could extend the halloween festivities! You could take the kids trick or treating at DTD on actual Halloween and then go to MNSSHP the next day!

I'm sorry to go on and on, but I just love the fall at Disney! We usually try and go every year in Oct, but this year we're doing May. I know I'm going to miss Oct year, but since we are going to start trying for another baby, I'd rather go to Disney before I got pregnant, because it is not as much fun when you can't ride the rides or indulge in a yummy margarita!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #161
BlueEyes78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
We are looking at the end of October into the beginning of November and the beginning of November through the weekend before Thanksgiving. We're planning 12 days this time, with the 10 day Magic Your Way plus Water Park Option tickets. We didn't do water parks last time, so they will be a new experience! We loved our January trip, but we want the chance of a little bit warmer weather this time. I have been going back and forth, back and forth with crowd levels, weather and flight prices!!!!! I'm driving myself crazy!! Just can't decide the "best" time to go between October 21st and November 20th. In the meantime, I've started making just a few ADR's for the end of October (Crystal Palace to see Pooh - Matthew's current obsession, and Akerhus to see the princesses for Madeleine!) in case those end up being our dates and will just cancel them if not. Sorry, not meaning to turn this into a PTR!!! I'm going to study your TR now to get some October insight!

Anyway, your trip is so close!!! You must be so excited!!! I hope you have a fabulous, magical time!!!!!
I don't know how it compares to October, but we found that the week before Thanksgiving was an AWESOME time to go!! Crowds were manageable (we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything), we got to do the Christmas party, and the weather was low 70s to mid 80s - we were in shorts every day but one. I've heard the week before (Food & Wine) is busy, and the week of Thanksgiving is too, but that week was perfect.

Surprise Trip for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: 11/13/10-11/20/10: "We Fly Down in 10 hours...The kids are in bed and have NO IDEA!"

3rd Family Trip: 8/4/12-8/11/12:We have an Entourage (just like the Gosselins!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: