Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #736
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Whoa. You guys have stomachs of steel.
Reading this makes me want to be at Epcot, like NOW.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 03-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #737
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I hate when I re-fall in love with something that's totally over, so I feel for you! I think I'm finally over my "how did I get so old and waste so much of my life and what do I do now to make the rest of my life awesome" phase, finally. It only lasted a freaking year. I'm just trying to let go of it all. Cause thinking back on this year I spent being really upset? Wasted that too. So nothing good comes of it. You need to start moving on and letting it go cause you're just making it worse, trust me. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I wish someone would have told me this when I started feeling that way.

It is so fun, and I know what you mean about hearing pop music at WDW and having it catch you off guard. You just get so used to the Disney area music that anything else sounds weird.

If only that were a real job!
I decided last night that I'm giving myself until the end of March to sulk, and then when Spring Quarter starts, no more obsessing over the past. It's time to grow up, move on, and get serious about my future. Of course, I will never completely grow up, but it's time to accept that I'll be 21 in 4 months and I can't be sad about that forever. So, YAY POSITIVE THINKING!

That sounds like an awesome night at Epcot. I love evening EMH too, mainly because the parks are MAGICAL at night, but in our experience, they're always pretty crowded in the summer, so lately we've been planning around them. I'd love to be able to go in the off-season sometime so I can fully experience the "I have the parks all to myself!" feeling. It has to be amazing.

THE FROGFISH! I am totally going to say hello to the little guy in July. I need to experience his awesomeness in person.

I would fail at the HSSCEFW Challenge. I can't do Mission:Space. I'd be too claustrophobic. But my sister would love it.

Mental Note: Always wait for fresh popcorn.

Watch your favorite movie tonight: the one on your eyelids.
Awwwwwww. What a great CM! It's people like him/her that make Disney so special.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #738
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Whoa. You guys have stomachs of steel.
Reading this makes me want to be at Epcot, like NOW.
I guess I've done my job as a Trip Reporter then! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I decided last night that I'm giving myself until the end of March to sulk, and then when Spring Quarter starts, no more obsessing over the past. It's time to grow up, move on, and get serious about my future. Of course, I will never completely grow up, but it's time to accept that I'll be 21 in 4 months and I can't be sad about that forever. So, YAY POSITIVE THINKING!

That sounds like an awesome night at Epcot. I love evening EMH too, mainly because the parks are MAGICAL at night, but in our experience, they're always pretty crowded in the summer, so lately we've been planning around them. I'd love to be able to go in the off-season sometime so I can fully experience the "I have the parks all to myself!" feeling. It has to be amazing.

THE FROGFISH! I am totally going to say hello to the little guy in July. I need to experience his awesomeness in person.

I would fail at the HSSCEFW Challenge. I can't do Mission:Space. I'd be too claustrophobic. But my sister would love it.

Mental Note: Always wait for fresh popcorn.

Watch your favorite movie tonight: the one on your eyelids.
Awwwwwww. What a great CM! It's people like him/her that make Disney so special.
Good for you! The way I see it is like... bottom line: I can't go back. Ever. No chance. Not possible. So I might as well go full speed ahead forward. That probably sounds like a dumb Hallmark card or something but it's true. Good luck girl!!

Yeah, I imagine the EMH nights in July are probably kind of a nightmare but oh man, if you ever get to go during a less crowded time, make EMH a priority because it's so much fun.

My mom is claustrophobic and she loves Mission: Space which is so weird! She sometimes even gets claustrophobic at our mall which is like the biggest one in NJ..... but not in a spaceship simulator. I guess it's Disney magic

Yeah, that quote has really stayed with me! I'd remember it even if I hadn't made a note of it. I need to start saying it to people.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #739
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

You know what..........I've never had Disney popcorn! Maybe I should. I worked for a movie theater for a year and I'm still kinda burned out on it. I wanna do the HSSCEFW Challenge next time I'm there!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #740
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
You know what..........I've never had Disney popcorn! Maybe I should. I worked for a movie theater for a year and I'm still kinda burned out on it. I wanna do the HSSCEFW Challenge next time I'm there!
You should try it. I think it's better than movie theatre popcorn, but that could just be that extra Disney magic. Just like I can have vanilla ice cream with a chocolate shell any time but when I eat the Mickey bar at Disney is way better.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #741
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
You should try it. I think it's better than movie theatre popcorn, but that could just be that extra Disney magic. Just like I can have vanilla ice cream with a chocolate shell any time but when I eat the Mickey bar at Disney is way better.
OMG, I know. I'm not even a big fan of the chocolate they use on the Mickey bars, but I always have like 20 when I'm there. And the crazy Mickey shaped ice cream sandwiches.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #742
__disneygirl

April 17, 2010
Day 7, Part 1 In Which We Run Around The Beach and Yacht Clubs Like Maniacs

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOooooOOoOOOoO SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!

Whew.

Day SEVEN. We were getting closer and closer to the end of our trip. I completely blocked this out of my head, though, so that I could enjoy our last days without being so sad that we were leaving soon. And by "completely blocked this out" I mean that I frantically was planning a fall trip in my head the whole time because I couldn't fathom being away from Disney for so long. Now, almost a year has passed since this trip, I haven't been back to Disney, and I am somehow still alive!

If our May trip doesn't work out, though, I will die. Seriously.

It was an early one for both of us. Mom had enjoyed sleeping in the last few days, but I had gone on and on about the wonder that is Toy Story Mania, so she was really excited to get on it at this point. I was ten times more excited than her because that ride is a DRUG. Someone call Dr. Drew because I need help. I think I was actually shooting at imaginary targets in my sleep... that is how much I love that ride.

So there I was again, on line for Toy Story Mania. We did not make it in time for rope drop but we got there right after so we ran and kind of caught up to the mad dash. We got fastpasses right away and then got on line. At this point the wait was only about 15 minutes which I was really happy about. My mom LOVED the queue inside, of course, but when we got on the ride I was kind of disappointed. It kept malfunctioning. One of my favorite things about TSM is how fast paced and crazy it is, and this time it kept pausing. Like, you'd finish shooting at the targets and then it would just freeze. After like 10 seconds you'd turn around to the next set of targets, shoot, and then it would freeze again. I felt my mom wasn't getting the real, complete TSM experience so of course I wanted to get right back on and hope it would be fixed... but I would have wanted to get right back on anyway

The wait was about the same the second time and luckily this time it was working perfectly! Mom said she loved it the first time, but after she got the proper TSM experience she couldn't stop raving about it! We went on a third and fourth time, and yet again laughed until we were blue in the face! It was soooo much fun!!!!! I kicked my mom's butt every single time because I rule, but she was on my tail a bit there for awhile!

I updated my Twitter page twice during the Toy Story Mania MAYHEM happening -

High ridinest, rootin tootinest!!! SHERIFF WOOOOODY!!!!! 9:57 AM Apr 17th via txt

MAJOR mayhem at Toy Story Mania this morning!!!!! I am trying to beat the April record!!!!!! I love this ride!!! 9:54 AM Apr 17th via txt

We were both really dying to have another TS breakfast before the end of our trip, so the day before we had discussed where we would go. We wanted just a simple, no character kinda deal, so we decided to try the Captain's Grille over at the Beach Club Resort, which serves breakfast until 11:30.

We decided to run over to Rock N Roller Coaster hoping it would be a walk on before taking the boat over to the Beach Club because that is one of our all-time favorite attractions and we hadn't had a chance to do it yet. The single rider line said 10 minutes and we were thrilled.

It did not take 10 minutes. Try 40.

I wasn't stressin', though. This is one of my favorite areas of the park and one of the best attractions. From the storyline, the queue (I love how they make it seem like you're entering a recording studio and then it's so fun to see the coaster take off in the alley), the pre-show, to the ride itself... I can never get enough.

Aerosmith has been one of my favorite bands since I was a child, so they really have a special place in my heart. I remember when the ride opened I was beyond thrilled and it definitely didn't disappoint. No matter how many times we go on it, it just never gets less thrilling and fun. The ride itself is amazing, but because we love Aerosmith so much, it just adds that extra OOMPH to it. I love sitting near the entrance just to chill out so I can groove to some Aerosmith music while I take a breather, and the dump shop there (called Rock Around the Shop) is one of my favorite at WDW. I could go on and on about my obsession with this ride, but you probably have a life to get to so let's move on.

I always dance through the queue while on line here... people always stare and laugh but whatever, I'm a slave to the groove man, I can't help it! Despite my annoyance about the long wait, we still had a great time.

However, once we got off the ride, we had to RUN through the park and to the boat. Which took forever to arrive. And forever to get going. And forever to get there. I just really can not stand Disney Transportation at this point and I am cursing Hertz Lady (remember her from Day 1) in my mind. I tried to relax and enjoy the beautiful view (it really is a great ride over to the Epcot resorts) but I REALLY wanted to have another good breakfast and we were running out of trip days. We also hadn't spent any time at the Epcot resorts (which, admittedly, was a big mistake in my planning, since that's one of my favorite areas at WDW) and I really wanted to have a meal there. The whole thing was just a mess, and I will definitely leave more time next time we take a boat anywhere.

So we are going full speed ahead to the Captain's Grille, which was actually in the Yacht Club. We literally had like two minutes to get in there or something before the clock struck 11:30. I went up to a man who worked there and asked where exactly the restaurant was. I was so stressed because I HATE rushing, especially on vacation. I always leave enough time (usually) and when at Disney, I want to stop and enjoy the scenery. The man I asked was a very nice older man who went into some long cute joke that I will never remember because of the mood I was in. Normally, I would have played along and appreciated his silliness very much, but I wanted my freakin breakfast and so I just smiled at him. He finally directed me to the restaurant. We walked VERY briskly over there and I said "HI! Can you take two for breakfast?" "No," the girl at the podium said, "Sorry, breakfast is over."

OH. I looked at my phone. It was 11:32. Don't you just hate that?

I was really really annoyed for a few minutes and then I remembered that I was at DISNEY WORLD so who really cares, anyway. Mostly I was just mad at myself for not planning better but you know what? It's not gonna be perfect every time, and that's okay. It makes me appreciate when things DO go perfectly more.

My mom and I wandered around the Beach Club for awhile while talking about where we wanted to have lunch. Mom filled up her mug in the food court which I think, actually, isn't allowed? But who cares, Disney soda is Disney soda. We finally decided that it was obviously necessary we go to Wolfgang Puck Express.

Yes, again. This would be our THIRD time this trip dining there. I TOLD YOU it was good. For anyone to visit the same place three times, when Disney is so vast, it has to be awesome, and this place is out of this world.

This is another moment that I hated and loathed Disney Transportation with a flaming, firey passion. The busses at the Beach Club are kind of far from the main lobby. Which is fine, especially because that resort is so beautiful, but it was just annoying after the mishaps that had already gone on. Of course, the Downtown Disney bus took ages to come. Of course, it was packed to the gills. Of course, we stopped at like 500 places before actually getting to Downtown Disney. Next trip we are RENTING A CAR. I don't care if it costs a grand per day. I will sell a kidney. Time is money, and the time you save having your own transportation is worth the money for the car and then some. I'll still ride on a Disney bus once or twice because they just scream DISNEY, but the rest of the time, a car is the right choice for us McLovins.

Up next: Less mishaps, more food, and lots of World Showcasing!! Yahooooo!!!!!
P.S. Sorry about the lack of pics in recent updates! Many pics are coming in the final days of our trip!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #743
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Whew disneygirlfriend, you made me tired just reading this update!

Yes!! TSM!! Oh no, that's too bad the first time it wasn't working right! That would be a bad ride to have break down for the day. I'm sure there would be a lot of angry people yelling at the poor CM's working there.

Aw, I can just feel your excitement once it was working right again. It is a fun ride!

It was 40 minutes for Single Riders?!

I have realized that it's not a good idea to take one of the boats if you're in a hurry. Sorry you missed breakfast.

haha, You're not crazy! We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express 2 times this past trip, within like 2 days of each other.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #744
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Whew disneygirlfriend, you made me tired just reading this update!

Yes!! TSM!! Oh no, that's too bad the first time it wasn't working right! That would be a bad ride to have break down for the day. I'm sure there would be a lot of angry people yelling at the poor CM's working there.

Aw, I can just feel your excitement once it was working right again. It is a fun ride!

It was 40 minutes for Single Riders?!

I have realized that it's not a good idea to take one of the boats if you're in a hurry. Sorry you missed breakfast.

haha, You're not crazy! We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express 2 times this past trip, within like 2 days of each other.
Ugh I know, I hate when people yell at the CMs like that! I was annoyed but I would never do that, it's not like it's their fault.

I've never seen a single rider line that long! Single rider in general takes a lot longer at RNRC than other rides, though. I know on Everest, single rider takes like 5 minutes no matter what, so it was really weird.

Next time I will leave sooo much extra time if we are taking a boat!

haha yes WGP is just beyond!! I daydream about that food...
Old 03-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #745
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

LOVED your latest updates. I defs could NOT have stomached a line-up like that at Epcot. LOL, one go on Mission Space leaves me green. But then times like that are just fun, when you laugh and laugh afterwards.

Quote:
Now, almost a year has passed since this trip, I haven't been back to Disney, and I am somehow still alive!

If our May trip doesn't work out, though, I will die. Seriously.

And yet...I totally know how you feel. It hasn't been a full year since our TR, but I'm already feeling I've been away too long.

Quote:
This is another moment that I hated and loathed Disney Transportation with a flaming, firey passion.
Another laugh-out-loud quote. SO feel you on that one too. When you're waiting and waiting for the Epcot bus and dozens of MK, AK, and MGM busses are streaming by every minute.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #746
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Ok, I had to catch up on two posts.

First of all, as Barney from HIMYM would say.... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I will TAKE on your head spinning challenge! (the title was too long, I couldn't remember it).

FrogFish! I love frogfish, thanks to you! I'll be posting up a video Andrew took of our little friend when we were at Epcot.

I should've thought to go on Soarin' during emh....our first night was eve emh at Epcot, but we just went to TT and M:S. We got FPs for it, but never went on it! I remember I was pretty scared of it...

Oh yeah, speaking of hang gliding, Andrew and I are planning to go SKY DIVING this summer!!!! There's a place close to us that offer 3 hour sessions that let us jump with a guide for $100 each. We think that sounds like a pretty good price. I'M SO EXCITED!

So how are the deets for May? Anything good?

Wooow, that's a lot of running around there. Too bad you didn't get your breakfast at Captain's Grille. Is it good?

We never got to go on TSM cause it was down for our trip. But apparently, it re-opened in the afternoon on the day we were there...even though it was supposed to be down until after we left WDW.

Yes, I know what you mean about repeat visits. That's Earl for us. I recently saw another Diser's picture of the Full Montague....man.....I want to be back there SO BADLY!

The lines for WGP was WAY too long during our whole trip, so we never got to try it. But I can't wait to finally try their margharita pizza!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #747
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
First of all, as Barney from HIMYM would say.... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I will TAKE on your head spinning challenge! (the title was too long, I couldn't remember it).

It'll be legen-wait for it!....

....DARY.

I couldn't help myself, sorry.

OMG, how could I miss like, 5 updates on your TR?!!? What the heck?! Oh, so ridiculous. But I'm caught up now!!! And I have to tell you, you have inspired me to stay at CBR for my next trip in September of this year. And I. Am. Stoked about it.

11:32? Really? Whenever that happens, I just look up and go "Really, Universe? I was totally in the mood for an omlet. Now I have to get a sandwich. Thanks " I must have more pictures in the next update! This no-picture thing is KILLIN me!

And I have a shameless plug too, if that's cool...I started my Trip Report finally! It lives in this little corner of the boards: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2680525

If this is decidely un-cool, let me know and I'll erase it. But I hope it's okay!

I can't wait to hear more!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #748
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
LOVED your latest updates. I defs could NOT have stomached a line-up like that at Epcot. LOL, one go on Mission Space leaves me green. But then times like that are just fun, when you laugh and laugh afterwards.

And yet...I totally know how you feel. It hasn't been a full year since our TR, but I'm already feeling I've been away too long.

Another laugh-out-loud quote. SO feel you on that one too. When you're waiting and waiting for the Epcot bus and dozens of MK, AK, and MGM busses are streaming by every minute.
Hey! I have your TR open in another window ready to catch up!

It's crazy... time flies so sometimes I feel like I was just at Disney, other times I feel like I haven't been there in 10 years. Sigh...

LOL I know, that always happens! I can't WAIT for our rent a car next time! I will miss some things about the busses, though, which is why I said I'll have to ride on them at least once or twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Ok, I had to catch up on two posts.

FrogFish! I love frogfish, thanks to you! I'll be posting up a video Andrew took of our little friend when we were at Epcot.

I should've thought to go on Soarin' during emh....our first night was eve emh at Epcot, but we just went to TT and M:S. We got FPs for it, but never went on it! I remember I was pretty scared of it...

Oh yeah, speaking of hang gliding, Andrew and I are planning to go SKY DIVING this summer!!!! There's a place close to us that offer 3 hour sessions that let us jump with a guide for $100 each. We think that sounds like a pretty good price. I'M SO EXCITED!

So how are the deets for May? Anything good?

Wooow, that's a lot of running around there. Too bad you didn't get your breakfast at Captain's Grille. Is it good?

We never got to go on TSM cause it was down for our trip. But apparently, it re-opened in the afternoon on the day we were there...even though it was supposed to be down until after we left WDW.

Yes, I know what you mean about repeat visits. That's Earl for us. I recently saw another Diser's picture of the Full Montague....man.....I want to be back there SO BADLY!

The lines for WGP was WAY too long during our whole trip, so we never got to try it. But I can't wait to finally try their margharita pizza!
Yay, I can't wait to see the video!! I love our little Frogfish!!

Girl... you're scared of SOARIN and yet you are going SKY DIVING? If you can handle sky diving, trust me, Soarin is nothing! And you MUST ride it! It's one of the most amazing experiences, seriously.

When I have more details on May... so will you guys.

I've never been to the Captain's Grille before but I've heard it's good.

On your next trip, you must RUN ... do not walk... to TSM! It is one of the most fun and ADDICTIVE attractions ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
It'll be legen-wait for it!....

....DARY.

I couldn't help myself, sorry.

OMG, how could I miss like, 5 updates on your TR?!!? What the heck?! Oh, so ridiculous. But I'm caught up now!!! And I have to tell you, you have inspired me to stay at CBR for my next trip in September of this year. And I. Am. Stoked about it.

11:32? Really? Whenever that happens, I just look up and go "Really, Universe? I was totally in the mood for an omlet. Now I have to get a sandwich. Thanks " I must have more pictures in the next update! This no-picture thing is KILLIN me!

And I have a shameless plug too, if that's cool...I started my Trip Report finally! It lives in this little corner of the boards: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2680525

If this is decidely un-cool, let me know and I'll erase it. But I hope it's okay!

I can't wait to hear more!!!
Oh, I am so happy to hear that! I love when people tell me that my TR inspired them to book something! You will love CBR. I miss it so much!

Plug away, I don't mind! nI can't wait to read your TR!

Thanks for reading guys!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #749
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Let me first just say, DAY SEVEN? WITH MORE TO COME? I AM SO JEALOUS. Our longest trip was six nights, seven days, but we usually only do five nights, six days because my parents can't take too much time off of work and we need to leave a few days to go visit my grandma in Clearwater. Someday I'm gonna take a long Disney trip though...someday...

"...That ride is a DRUG. Someone call Dr. Drew because I need help."
It is such an addicting ride. Why does the line always have to be so long? Why don't they give me a special pass that lets me ride around in a continuous loop all day? Why won't they build me my very own Toy Story Mania in my basement? WHY?

That stinks that the ride was malfunctioning. We were stopped one time, but we had just finished the final pull-a-muscle-in-your-arm-as-you-frantically-try-to-shoot-that-one-target-and-gain-thousands-of-points round so it wasn't a big deal. I was happy to just sit there and unwind.

40 minutes for the single rider like? Yikes. But it's Aerosmith so 40 minutes is totally worth it. The family is trying to talk me into riding this year, but I dunno...I LOVE Aerosmith, but rollercoasters that aren't named Space or Big Thunder Mountain aren't really my thing. I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm sorry that y'all ran around so much and still missed breakfast. Did you try bribing the hostess? Or giving her puppy dog eyes? Or bursting into tears? Or telling her you have health problems and unless you get an omlette in the next 10 minutes you will die?

But at least you got some more Wolfgang Puck's Express outta the whole thing. Which, by the way, I still haven't been there. Your TR pretty much summed up why...the sucky transportation. We only go to DTD once a trip, right before we leave, and we always eat at Earl of Sandwich. It's tradition. If getting to DTD was more convenient, I'd totally hop over there some afternoon to enjoy WPE. Of course, we have our car with us, so I could drive myself over, EXCEPT I don't actually have my driver's license. I know. It's bad. I'm finally gonna go get it this summer, though. And yes, this is a warning to the world (and to the people of Ohio especially) so everyone has ample time to prepare themselves for me to be unleashed onto the roads.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #750
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Let me first just say, DAY SEVEN? WITH MORE TO COME? I AM SO JEALOUS. Our longest trip was six nights, seven days, but we usually only do five nights, six days because my parents can't take too much time off of work and we need to leave a few days to go visit my grandma in Clearwater. Someday I'm gonna take a long Disney trip though...someday...

"...That ride is a DRUG. Someone call Dr. Drew because I need help."
It is such an addicting ride. Why does the line always have to be so long? Why don't they give me a special pass that lets me ride around in a continuous loop all day? Why won't they build me my very own Toy Story Mania in my basement? WHY?

That stinks that the ride was malfunctioning. We were stopped one time, but we had just finished the final pull-a-muscle-in-your-arm-as-you-frantically-try-to-shoot-that-one-target-and-gain-thousands-of-points round so it wasn't a big deal. I was happy to just sit there and unwind.

40 minutes for the single rider like? Yikes. But it's Aerosmith so 40 minutes is totally worth it. The family is trying to talk me into riding this year, but I dunno...I LOVE Aerosmith, but rollercoasters that aren't named Space or Big Thunder Mountain aren't really my thing. I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm sorry that y'all ran around so much and still missed breakfast. Did you try bribing the hostess? Or giving her puppy dog eyes? Or bursting into tears? Or telling her you have health problems and unless you get an omlette in the next 10 minutes you will die?

But at least you got some more Wolfgang Puck's Express outta the whole thing. Which, by the way, I still haven't been there. Your TR pretty much summed up why...the sucky transportation. We only go to DTD once a trip, right before we leave, and we always eat at Earl of Sandwich. It's tradition. If getting to DTD was more convenient, I'd totally hop over there some afternoon to enjoy WPE. Of course, we have our car with us, so I could drive myself over, EXCEPT I don't actually have my driver's license. I know. It's bad. I'm finally gonna go get it this summer, though. And yes, this is a warning to the world (and to the people of Ohio especially) so everyone has ample time to prepare themselves for me to be unleashed onto the roads.
This is so creepy. Our weird similarities just never end. I feel like I should reveal my deepest darkest secrets just so you can be like "ME TOO!" So yeah.. I DON'T DRIVE EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's not THAT weird since I live right outside of NYC and work there, and no one there drives, but ohmygod people still think I am an insane freak because I don't drive. Here in NJ, once you get your permit, you have to wait 6 months to get your license, but I just found out that after you turn 21 and you get your permit, you only have to wait 3 months. My dad HATES that I don't have it and is constantly mentioning it and everything so I knew he wouldn't let me go to WDW in May if I didn't get it by then. So I just told him that if I get the permit after April 8 (my bday) I'll have my license by July and he was thrilled so hopefully everything will go smoothly. I've taken the permit test 2 times and failed it in the past. I'm just so terrible at memorizing stuff like that. I don't know why. I can memorize pages and pages of scenes in one night, get no sleep, and then flawlessly perform them that morning, but whatever, I am right-brained I guess. The most ironic, horrible part is that I took the SATs when I was 12 because I had such high standardized test scores. AND I CAN'T PASS A WRITTEN DRIVERS TEST.

Phew. Anyway. Yeah, the longest we've ever been to WDW is 10 days. This trip was 9 days. My ultimate dream is two full weeks there, and I hoped for that to happen in May, but we'll be lucky if we even get to go. I am still going to push for as many days as possible.

OMG there are so many amazing rides at Disney you have not experienced. I don't really get it because I've never had a fear of things like that, which is weird because I watch too many movies and so my brain always goes right to "this is going to be a disaster" in like 99% of situations. But for some reason at Disney I feel totally safe. I hope you can ride them all one day! And hey... you have the entire rest of your life to work up the courage. And then once you do it you will go on 300 times - especially RNRR, omg is that addictive. The first time I went on, I was 10, and my mom and I went on TOT and RNRR over and over like 2 hours before park closing and omg it was the most fun thing ever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: