Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #136
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Goodness on the price of the breakfast platter!!!

I like Universal and IOA, but then I'm a roller coaster nut!!! And Kraken at Sea World totally rocks!!!

At least once a week, either DH or I will make a comment about how expensive something is and that it's cheaper at Disney...
I love roller coasters too! The problem for me now is that I worked at Six Flags for six years, so I'm kind of numb to traditional roller coasters. I need the new ones that try different things!

I do the same thing with prices! I went to Six Flags this summer with a friend, and I kept telling her "you know, that's cheaper in Disney World!"
Old 03-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #137
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Have you ever gone to Cedar Point in Ohio??? Friends of mine went there last summer and had a blast... But they said the lines were CRAZY long... Like 1 to 1.5 hours waits... And they don't have fastpasses!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #138
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Have you ever gone to Cedar Point in Ohio??? Friends of mine went there last summer and had a blast... But they said the lines were CRAZY long... Like 1 to 1.5 hours waits... And they don't have fastpasses!!!
Yup, I've been to Cedar Point a few times. They don't have any kind of fastpass system, so there's no skipping lines. But they do have some really good and crazy coasters!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #139
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

great updates!!!!! I've only been to Universal for HHN and that was a pretty unique experience with people chasing and screaming at you all night long but one of these trips, I'd like to see it all espeically since brother is working there now!!!

We did used to go to City Walk a lot for their movie/meal deal for $25 which we always thought was a good deal!!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #140
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ok I really have to see the HP movies before October. Because I have no idea what anything your talking about means! All I know is, that butterbeer sounds great!

Seussland is SO cute! I can't wait to see that! I'm not a big fan of super heroes though, so that part looks kind of cheezy to me. But the Simpson area looks awesome! Can you really get a Squishie in Kwik E Mart? I love your pic with Homer!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #141
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ok I really have to see the HP movies before October. Because I have no idea what anything your talking about means! All I know is, that butterbeer sounds great!

Seussland is SO cute! I can't wait to see that! I'm not a big fan of super heroes though, so that part looks kind of cheezy to me. But the Simpson area looks awesome! Can you really get a Squishie in Kwik E Mart? I love your pic with Homer!
OMG that's so funny!

You can't get a squishie at the Kwik E Mart, but there is a Squishie stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
great updates!!!!! I've only been to Universal for HHN and that was a pretty unique experience with people chasing and screaming at you all night long but one of these trips, I'd like to see it all espeically since brother is working there now!!!

We did used to go to City Walk a lot for their movie/meal deal for $25 which we always thought was a good deal!!
HHN sounds like it might be kind of fun. I'm not a huge fan of being chased around though.....
Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #142
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Yay for the scarf. Panic got a Slytherin one too. We were suprised that we saw more Ravenclaw and Huffenpuff scarves than Slytherin ones. I guess some people don't want to be associated with evil of something

I : Spiderman. I think is is the best ride in either park. We usually ride it multiple times!

That superhero parade looks really lame. Why would a superhero be riding an ATV weird!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #143
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
Yay for the scarf. Panic got a Slytherin one too. We were suprised that we saw more Ravenclaw and Huffenpuff scarves than Slytherin ones. I guess some people don't want to be associated with evil of something

I : Spiderman. I think is is the best ride in either park. We usually ride it multiple times!

That superhero parade looks really lame. Why would a superhero be riding an ATV weird!
I'm okay with a little bit of evil myself.

Yeah, the superhero parade was just weird. They announced it and Jason and I were like, oh let's watch since we're here, and then .
Old 03-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #144
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle.
No judging here on riding the Seuss High in the Sky Trolley. My crew all rode it on our trip and we enjoyed it. Fortunately we did not share your experience with the fearful child. This is about as mild a ride as you are going to find so it is a bit mystifying. Perhaps the child had strong aversion to heights.

Having no line for Spiderman is awesome. This is the best ride in the park to me.

You need to get over there one trip when it is warmer outside. The water rides there are a lot of fun!

I am not really seeing an issue with your hair in that picture with Homer so I am thinking that perhaps the Brazil family was looking at you funny because of the Slytherin scarf.

That is a good warning on the Simpsons ride regarding motion sickness. Though we experienced some on Forbidden Journey, they kicked it up a notch further on the Simpsons ride.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #145
burly
DIS Veteran

Seriously, you gonna spend that much money on a breakfast platter, you might as well go to Mythos. (is Mythos still open)
Crazy expensive.

I love me some spidee!
also Love the Simpson's ride. But no one in my family wasn't dizzy when getting off. Only my one son would go on it again with me and everyone else was still on the red benches when we got off the ride.

The idiots being mean to you. I would have just started picking my nose. Really digging in there!
Or perhaps they were fearful of you with that evil wicked scarf on?

Loving it!

KIM

Last edited by burly; 03-14-2011 at 12:23 AM. Reason: oops
Old 03-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #146
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize you had a report going. I'm coming in now to say hello, but I'll be back later to catch up. We have one day of school this week to make up a snow day, and the rest is spring break, so I'll have lots of DIS time.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #147
npierce25
Mouseketeer

Love your trip report! we were there the same days! on sunday the 6th we were at ak with you..... we were the steeler fans with a little pochantaus...... the weather that week was stupid! looking fwd to more of your report!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #148
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
Hi Danielle.
No judging here on riding the Seuss High in the Sky Trolley. My crew all rode it on our trip and we enjoyed it. Fortunately we did not share your experience with the fearful child. This is about as mild a ride as you are going to find so it is a bit mystifying. Perhaps the child had strong aversion to heights.

Having no line for Spiderman is awesome. This is the best ride in the park to me.

You need to get over there one trip when it is warmer outside. The water rides there are a lot of fun!

I am not really seeing an issue with your hair in that picture with Homer so I am thinking that perhaps the Brazil family was looking at you funny because of the Slytherin scarf.

That is a good warning on the Simpsons ride regarding motion sickness. Though we experienced some on Forbidden Journey, they kicked it up a notch further on the Simpsons ride.
I do want to visit when it's warmer, because I really want to go on the water rides! Every time I'm there, I get so depressed when I see them and can't go on!

Maybe it was the Slytherin scarf.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Seriously, you gonna spend that much money on a breakfast platter, you might as well go to Mythos. (is Mythos still open)
Crazy expensive.

I love me some spidee!
also Love the Simpson's ride. But no one in my family wasn't dizzy when getting off. Only my one son would go on it again with me and everyone else was still on the red benches when we got off the ride.

The idiots being mean to you. I would have just started picking my nose. Really digging in there!
Or perhaps they were fearful of you with that evil wicked scarf on?

Loving it!

KIM
LOL. I have to remember the picking my nose part! That's something my mom would totally do.

They probably were fearful that I would cast a spell on them.

Mythos is still open, and we ate there for lunch on our other Universal day. But they don't serve breakfast, or at least they don't serve breakfast during months that are considered to be slower, because they didn't open up until 11am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I didn't realize you had a report going. I'm coming in now to say hello, but I'll be back later to catch up. We have one day of school this week to make up a snow day, and the rest is spring break, so I'll have lots of DIS time.

Thanks for joining! Hope you enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npierce25 View Post
Love your trip report! we were there the same days! on sunday the 6th we were at ak with you..... we were the steeler fans with a little pochantaus...... the weather that week was stupid! looking fwd to more of your report!

You're so right, the weather that week was stupid! Very inconsistent. That's too funny that we were there at the same time. We may have seen you there!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #149
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

I am glad you got the Slytherin scarf, it would be no fun if everybody just got the Gryffindor! when we were there there wan only 2 wands available, Snape and Malfoy, (I think) and I remember thinking poor Slytherin, unloved!!! walls and walls of these wands and everybody clamouring for Harry ron etc

I guess those heroes driving through on the quads is a bit silly when you think of the production Disney puts into their parades!!!

I would love to travel to a few more American theme parks to try more crazy coasters but as DBF was struggling with Dueling Dragons and the Hulk he maybe wouldn't find it as enjoyable as me!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #150
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

OMG with the $22 breakfast! Are they crazy?!

You go girl being a rebel with the Slytherin scarf!!! You gotta show your dark side from time to time, right?

Um, ick with the screaming kid on the trolley! Really?! As a mom of 3 I can assure you that just isn't ok! Had that been my kid he would have been off that train after about 10 seconds!

I'll have to keep in mind that the Simpsons ride is a little motion sickness inducing! DH is a huge Simpsons fan but he gets really bad motion sickness really easily!

Can't wait for more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: