Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #16
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie View Post
I don't get HBO, so I get Big Love on Netflix. So I'm a season behind! I just finished season 4 and I'll probably have to wait a year to get season 5 on DVD.
Big Love is on Netflix. YES!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #17
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

I love this show! If it works for them well, let them be. They aren't hurting me with their lifestyle. But I agree Kody is a lil creeper...But that doesn't keep me from watching.
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
s____!
Mouseketeer

I love Sister Wives. I could never live the lifestyle, but it's interesting to watch. I personally don't care if a man has more than one wife, as long as his wives are into it, too. These women seem fine with the arrangement. The wives also seem very nice and normal, but Kody is...stupid.
I have to admit that it would be nice to have another woman around to complain about a man to, who actually knows exactly what you're talking about!
s____! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

I can't can't wrap my head around the taking turns spending the night thing. That being said, I set my DVR already.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #20
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I love this show! If it works for them well, let them be. They aren't hurting me with their lifestyle. But I agree Kody is a lil creeper...But that doesn't keep me from watching.
Totally agree! I enjoy the show and if they are happy with it, good for them. Now when they complain about not getting enough time with him, that annoys me because they know what they were getting into.

And I can't get over Robin leaving her kids for that long! 11 days I think? And how long did they even know the other "moms" before that?
shinysparklybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #21
BeefJerky
Mouseketeer

I was watching the commercial and it looks like one of the daughters is pregnant. Am I wrong?
BeefJerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #22
s____!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
I was watching the commercial and it looks like one of the daughters is pregnant. Am I wrong?
Ooooh, I hope so!
s____! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #23
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmom95 View Post
I can't can't wrap my head around the taking turns spending the night thing. That being said, I set my DVR already.
It's hard not to watch!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #24
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
It would not be ok with me or our DD. I wouldnt want to be with anyone that no longer loves me and feels it would be ok to desrespect me by forcing me to except another women in our relationship.
Well, me neither, but that's not their relationship. No one seems forced into anything. Who says he doesn't love them all? It may not be something you or I can accept or understand for our own lives, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Ditto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
Now when they complain about not getting enough time with him, that annoys me because they know what they were getting into.
They're showing their lives. I guarantee you, people in all sorts of relationships...including parents/children...have complaints about their relationships, even tho they knew what they were getting into. I knew kids were going to PITAs sometimes, but I DO occasionally complain about them, despite my overwhelming and undying love for my little darlings.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #25
Tink888
Wishing I Was At World Showcase

I came across this today and have been watching the marathon. Definitely not a lifestyle I could live but it is interesting and seems to work for them.

Being married to one person has it's challenges. For the women at least, I think it would really take a lot of self-control, discipline and communication to make a polygamist relationship work, to make the family work. And they seem to be able to do that.

I've seen bigger trainwrecks in a lot of monogamist relationships so more power to them IMHO.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #26
J3nn78
DIS Veteran

I stopped watching because I don't like Kody. He is just plain weird! I find polygamy to be interesting and I LOVE watching Big Love. I just don't like Kody.

I don't see the show as a train wreck though. The first three wives have been married to him for 21, 18, and 17 years. Wife #4 grew up in a poly home, and Mari "picked" her out.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #27
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

What time does the opener start? I don't reallly want to rehash last season's shows.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #28
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

I can't watch it. It makes me waaaay too angry. I cannot fathom anyone willing doing that!
princessmom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #29
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

I caught this show by accident this afternoon.. I had to stop working on the one project I was involved with (ran out of some supplies I needed), so I flipped the tv on while I was playing around with my recipes.. I guess what I caught was a marathon of sorts of the first season..

They are all consenting adults - so in that respect, I don't have any issues with it.. Everyone marches to a different drummer..

They're not living off the tax payers, so I don't find that to be an issue either..

So if I had to state one thing that I absolutely don't agree with, it would be the fact that the husband is clearly breaking the law.. I'm a stickler when it comes to following laws that are currently in place (even when I don't necessarily agree with some of them), so that's my issue..

The only other thing I can think of is how this may impact the kids - when they attend public school this year.. (I'm listening to it in the background right now..) They may get a lot of flack - but on the other hand, in a place like Utah, wouldn't they get the same amount of flack if their parents were homosexuals? (Honest question for which I don't have an answer..)

For the most part, I don't think they're actually "hurting" anyone..

----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and that’s where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
C.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #30
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkydog View Post
What time does the opener start? I don't reallly want to rehash last season's shows.
I think the new one is on right now!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: