Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

We dealt with the SPIDERS...what will it be this year?

to our 2011 PTR! It's March in Manitoba, had a blizzard hit us late yesterday afternoon/night, and I can't think of a better way to escape to the winter blahs than to start our PTR! So without further adieu here is the cast of characters who will be embarking on this adventure....

Myself, Queenofallthings, my friends on the Dis call me Queen!! My daugher Jasmine...what would I do without her....she's the best travel partner a girl could ask for

A more recent picture of her.....

Mini Montana...my sister's youngest who will turn 7 while we're on our adventure and she is very excited at the thought of her birthday at WDW, my sister who some of you will know as Purplepeg here on the Boards....this picture was taken at Jasmine's graduation in June of 2010.

My BIL (Geodoc) and my sister...I took this picture of them at 50's Prime Time Cafe in 2009!

The three girls, Mini Montana, Snow White (my sister's oldest who will be 11 when we leave) and Jasmine....took this in 2009 as we waited for our table at 50's Prime Time Cafe....

So there you have it....we love travelling with my sister and her family and we always have the best time with them!! They are also the DVC members so lodging is an asset to us too We consider ourselves very fortunate that they include us in their trips whenever it's time to use up those points This year the resort of choice is AKL...we will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa for 13 nights....August 21 - September 3!! I prefer SSR but was reminded it's more points and I go where they tell me

We have so much planned for this trip and I can't wait to share it with all of you...Peg will be tag teaming this TR with me so look to hear from her too! I'm hoping Jasmine will put her two cents in as well.....

Thanks for reading .... lot's of fun times ahead!!

Last edited by Queenofallthings; 04-15-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm joining in! AKL is awesome. I might be there at the same time as you guys if I go help move my sister in for the college program!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I'm here! I have to finish out my TR so I can start my PTR too! I am going to miss you by two weeks! Bummer! We are traveling at the beginning of Aug.

Sorry about the blizzard!!!
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

I made it over!! Great start once again Queen!! Can't wait to hear about your plans!!
March 2010 DLR
Disney Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I'm joining in! AKL is awesome. I might be there at the same time as you guys if I go help move my sister in for the college program!
So happy you're here!! If you are there ... you must let me know!! We would love to see you and I know Jasmine will be thrilled to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I'm here! I have to finish out my TR so I can start my PTR too! I am going to miss you by two weeks! Bummer! We are traveling at the beginning of Aug.

Sorry about the blizzard!!!
Yeah Debby!!! Can't believe we'll miss each other by 2 weeks but on the other hand I can't wait to read all about you're upcoming trip!!!

A blizzard in March...I am so sick of this winter, it's been so long
Old 03-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

I'm here, looking forward to reading along. We love AKL, a 2 bedroom villa will be amazing!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
I made it over!! Great start once again Queen!! Can't wait to hear about your plans!!
TIFF!! so happy you're here again...just wish we were both planning to meet like last year.... I have a feeling though that we'll all be there again at the same time before we know it!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked On The Mouse View Post
I'm here, looking forward to reading along. We love AKL, a 2 bedroom villa will be amazing!
You're here!! I can't wait for next Sunday!!!

Isn't it beautiful! We stayed in a 2 bedroom in 2009 when we went and it was beautiful. Jasmine loved that we had our own balcony off our bedroom...she spent every afternoon out there overlooking the pool!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Could you write our PTR as well?

Sorry to hear about your blizzard; it is a sunny 10 degrees here today and the snow has melted about 3 feet over the last couple of weeks.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Could you write our PTR as well?

Sorry to hear about your blizzard; it is a sunny 10 degrees here today and the snow has melted about 3 feet over the last couple of weeks.
and take all that joy away from you....never

We just can't seem to catch a break....it could have been much worse so I'm trying not to complain I'll be happy if we can get down to North Dakota for a shopping trip in May...hopefully the snow and flooding should be done by then
Old 03-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Looks like I can make it to the first page!

I am SO in here!

Now going back to read!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #12
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

You know I'm in!

We cannot wait for August!!

dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Holy Moly. That is freakin' GREAT!!!!!!!! Have you stayed in a 2BR before????? They are amazing. I can't imagine an entire 13 days in a 2BR. Holy DVC jackpot! Can you say "INCREDIBLY JEALOUS?" Which resort?

The worst part is I would so love to be traveling to Disney when you and Jasmine (and Dawn and Caitlin) are there. But my GFs opted for a Hilton Head trip instead. But maybe in 2012 our paths will cross. Denny and I are definitely going in late November/early December (whether our contract passes ROFR or not). If it doesn't we will go with our plans to do the premium plan for one night (which actually means 3 nights in a resort room) and then switch to DVC. If our contract passes we will just stay DVC.
OK - I posted this on your old TR before I realized you started over here and also answered all my questions.

You are going to LOVE Kidani. It is fabulous. Seriously....Jasmine loves pools and she will have a hard time picking which one she will like better. Awesome trip you have planned!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Can I make the first page, please

Made it!!! Am so excited to read all your plans. Just a little sad that we will not be meeting up this time around. Someday my friend
Old 03-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #15
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

It's gonna be tight! Did I make page one too? Yes!

Canadian Buffoon's Vacation
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: