Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #676
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewerstruly View Post
Wow. Just fabulous photos. Thanks so much for sharing all of them. I've been motivated to do nothing else since I found this great thread!

Of all your photos, is there any chance that you got pictures of the queue that leads up to the Aquaduck ... that has those 4 or 5 cartoon art panels of Donald's nephews building the Aquaduck? I'm trying to find some good, straight ahead/forward facing photos (photos taken from directly straight in front of) of those cartoons. I'd love see them if you got any!!!

Thanks again for the great pictures!

Tam
Sorry, I didn't The only time I was up there was to actually ride the AD and I did not have my camera for obvious reasons. When it's not operating, they have a gate at the bottom of the stairs so it wouldn't be an easy photo to get. They were cute little cartoons though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
Cass - Thanks a million for all of the great photos and the video. My daughter (10) watched your video with me last night. We are both even more excited about our upcoming cruise than ever.

Thanks again!
You're welcome You're going to love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman View Post
Thank you for the video! I watched it with my family yesterday. When it started and the Dream was on the screen my girls they gasped a the same time. One said, "It's soooo beautiful!" At the same time, the other one said, "That's OUR ship!" Good times, much thanks.
Awww what a great moment Glad you all enjoyed seeing "your ship"
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #677
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Are you allowed to take a waterproof camera on the aqua duck?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2011, 06:13 PM   #678
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Amazing review/TR! Thank you for putting so much time into it, it was FANTASTIC!
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #679
Crustysgirl
Earning My Ears

Okay, so I am finally finishing reading your trip report sorry I'm so slow... Anyways Castaway Cay looks beautiful I so want to go there.

Those cabanas look awesome too, but I doubt I would ever pay $499! That's outrageous! But similar to the Grand Wailea and cabanas at nice hotels in vegas.

I cannot not believe those trainer women in the cabanas! Some people are so thick! I also cannot believe that she was such a b&%#h to you. I can't imagine posting a picture of random person on the internet after they asked me not to. How rude!!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #680
Crustysgirl
Earning My Ears

I love the princesses!! I would love to do that job, hug all the little kids with their enamoured little faces, let little ones grab my ****s... It would be awesome!

I can totally see why you missed Kira so much, she would have loved to have all those princesses in one place at the same time!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #681
Crustysgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
General Stuff Part 1

OK, this is where I am putting the photos that don't really belong anywhere else

For my non-FB friends who didn't see this live as I was posting...

My dear friends Nancy & Chuck sent me a fabulous gift basket!! It was super appreciated...thanks guys!!

This was such an awesome idea!! You are so lucky to have such great friends! How did they arrange this?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #682
Crustysgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
General Stuff Part 2

And here's Atlantis...the resort I have been wanting to visit for about 11 years now, after I first saw it on Oprah. I didn't leave the ship though because I wanted to wait to be able to share it with Rob and Kira for the first time! Another time maybe

Nice!

I have always really wanted to go to Atlantis too. It looks so beautiful! Have you ever seen the movie After the Sunset? It's filmed all around there. It will make you want to go even more!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #683
Crustysgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Luckily, I spoke to a really nice agent and he was able to get me on the 10:30 flight to Denver, which would get me home at 6pm!!!
Ummm....nice agent? These exist? I thought that was just folk lore!

I am so glad you were able to get home a little earlier that day and spend more time with Rob and Kira, instead of hanging around at the airport
Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #684
Crustysgirl
Earning My Ears

Fantastic trip report Cass! (as always)

Thanks so much for sharing, now I just have to convince my husband to take me on a cruise. You made it look like so much fun!

Oh and thanks again for the Vinylmation and all the hard work and trouble it took for you to get them! You're the best!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #685
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Are you allowed to take a waterproof camera on the aqua duck?
I'm sure you could! I've seen point-of-view videos from the AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
Amazing review/TR! Thank you for putting so much time into it, it was FANTASTIC!
You're welcome disneychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustysgirl View Post
Okay, so I am finally finishing reading your trip report sorry I'm so slow... Anyways Castaway Cay looks beautiful I so want to go there.

Those cabanas look awesome too, but I doubt I would ever pay $499! That's outrageous! But similar to the Grand Wailea and cabanas at nice hotels in vegas.

I cannot not believe those trainer women in the cabanas! Some people are so thick! I also cannot believe that she was such a b&%#h to you. I can't imagine posting a picture of random person on the internet after they asked me not to. How rude!!
Yeah, CC is gorgeous!!! Weather was perfect too, normally I want to pass out in about an hour but I think it was about 23ºC that day

Quote:
This was such an awesome idea!! You are so lucky to have such great friends! How did they arrange this?
It was a gift basket from The Perfect Gift which is located in Cocoa Beach. She's done it before to me!

Quote:
I have always really wanted to go to Atlantis too. It looks so beautiful! Have you ever seen the movie After the Sunset? It's filmed all around there. It will make you want to go even more!
Yes, I have seen it!!! It was pretty funny too! I also love Into the Blue because the beginning is filmed there and you get to see the Disney Wonder too

Quote:
Fantastic trip report Cass! (as always)

Thanks so much for sharing, now I just have to convince my husband to take me on a cruise. You made it look like so much fun!

Oh and thanks again for the Vinylmation and all the hard work and trouble it took for you to get them! You're the best!
I think everyone should cruise at least once just to see if it's their cup of tea. Personally, it is my favourite type of vacation!! If I had the money, I would cruise 3 or 4 times a year I think
Old 03-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #686
SCDizneyDawn
DIS Veteran

Hi Cass!! THANK YOU for all your hard work, the report was awesome!

I found this at about 5:30 am and between cleaning my house have been reading and LOVING your pictures!!!
Finally finished the report, now have to go finish cleaning

Thanks again!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #687
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDizneyDawn View Post
Hi Cass!! THANK YOU for all your hard work, the report was awesome!

I found this at about 5:30 am and between cleaning my house have been reading and LOVING your pictures!!!
Finally finished the report, now have to go finish cleaning

Thanks again!
Awww, thanks for the kind words And sorry about distracting you from your cleaning

5:30am???
Old 03-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #688
Timon

DIS Junkie

Final Thoughts

Sorry this has taken me so long! It's been a busy few weeks!

As I was editing my video, I remembered a few things that I meant to include in my report but never did so I thought this would be a good time to talk about them

First off, I wanted to talk a bit more about the elevators...

I really liked them because they were much bigger than on the Magic and there were more of them too. They were longer, not wider and this made for some drama when there were crowds. I don't know what's with people but nobody ever seemed to want to move so that more people could get on the elevator!

There was always plenty of room for more but people either didn't move or they did but rolled their eyes as they were doing it! What is up with that

Some jerks were even vocal about it yelling out that they can take the next one even when you could easily fit 4-6 more! I was very vocal and always said something like "Come on in, there's lots of room!" when the doors opened on a new floor and people were trying to get on but nobody was moving. I looked back and got a lot of eye rolls but I didn't care! Shame on those jerks!!!

People, BE COURTEOUS when using the elevators please!! It's not going to kill you to let a few more people on!! You're on vacation...so what if you have to stop at every floor on the way up, is it really going to kill you??? If you are in such a damn hurry, TAKE THE STAIRS, that way you don't have to wait for anyone

Oooookay, enough about that

Moving on....

I forgot to mention that when you are in Royal Palace, for the RP menu...the princesses come around to the tables. They only stopped briefly at tables with kids so if you have kids, you might want to warn them that it will be a very quick visit and they might possibly even miss your table. I really didn't get why they did this...I mean, either don't have the princesses there or make it like a character meal and have them visit every table!

I also meant to mention during the galley tour chapter that there about 700 seats in each restaurant!! That's a lot of seats!! RP and EG does a good job making the room seem more intimate but I definitely felt like there were 700 seats or more in AP!

The other thing that I really didn't like were the concierge gates. I know there has been a lot of debate about them and I can see why! I felt that they were very un-Disney-like and personally, made me feel inferior! Now, if the area was completely off limits to non-concierge (like deck 12 where you need a key to open the door to get into the area) then it wouldn't be so bad but the gates on deck 11 are right next to the stairs, elevators and the Spa so people are always walking by and the gates are VERY noticeable.

I don't know why Disney even did this? It's not like it would be a huge hot spot where throngs on non-concierge guests would go anyway...it's just hallways! You still need a key to get into the Lounge and I am assuming you need a key for the private () concierge sun deck so what's the big deal about keeping us peons out of the concierge hallways???? It also means concierge guests can't play the FE game, which is silly

Disney has always been good about offering luxury-type services and products without making those of us who can't afford them feel less welcome but those gates are a totally different story!

The last thing I wanted to mention was how funny/weird it was that some CM's didn't know the ship or schedule very well. While I was wandering the adult clubs, the DVC presentation CM asked me if I knew when Pirate Night was They had been debating amongst themselves whether it was Nassau day or Castaway Cay Day LOL! And then 2 minutes later, another CM asked me if I knew what deck the Art Gallery was. Good thing I knew both answers

I was trying to think of some tips for you...

1-Eat at Cabanas and Flo's Cafe off-hours. It is way less busy and easier to get a table where you want to get one!

2-If you go to Cabanas and they offer to seat you and you prefer to pick your own table, just kindly say no thank you and proceed to the buffet or to a table you want! They do offer to seat you but I never had any problems by just saying "No thanks!"

3-The ship is HUGE and you will do a lot of walking! I found it much easier to get around if you stay on your deck (that your stateroom is located) as much as you can and then go up or down. For instance, we were right at the forward elevators on deck 9 but when it was time to go to Palo, I walked all the way down to the aft elevators on deck 9 and then up! It is best if you can avoid deck 9 as much as possible. The hallways are usually pretty quite and unless you have a stroller or wheelchair, there is plenty of room despite the housekeeping carts in the halls.

4-Use the stairs as often as you can! Not only do you get to see some great art work, you can also work off some extra calories and you don't have to put up with the drama in the elevators

5-Enjoy some downtime in your room. Relax on your verandah or sit back and watch a movie on your TV. You can even pause your movie and continue later if you need to!

6-Most of all, relax and just have some fun!! Even if things aren't perfect, just enjoy the ship and think just how lucky you are to be on it

OK, I think that's all I wanted to share with you. Hope my report helped you with your plans for your cruise

I am really hoping Disney offers some TA deals for the May Alaska cruises on the Wonder because I would love to take Kira on a "Mickey Ship"
Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #689
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

First cruise set for the Disney Dream on 06/24/2012 & I have learned MORE from your site/trip reports/photos/videos than anywhere !!!! This is truly awesome !! Disney should hire you !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #690
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
First cruise set for the Disney Dream on 06/24/2012 & I have learned MORE from your site/trip reports/photos/videos than anywhere !!!! This is truly awesome !! Disney should hire you !!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: