Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #151
Normangirls
DIS Veteran

Nope - your account will just show a total number of counter service credits available (there is no distinction between adult meals and child meals).

ETA: GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #152
kayjaybe
Mouseketeer

Small appetites

Dh & I and our 2 kids (6 & 9) are on the regular dining plan. My kids don't eat a lot in one sitting. Here are my questions:

1 - Can they share a single CS meal? For example, let's say for lunch, rather than getting 4 CS meals, we can just get 3, right? We'd get 2 adult & 1 kid and then share them among all of us. (I hate to throw food away, plus that would leave a CS meal that we could use as a "snack" later in the day or some other time, right?)

2 - Can they share a single TS meal, as long as it isn't a buffet or someplace like CRT? (For example, at La Hacienda?)

3 - if the kids have to get a kids meal when one is available, but they don't track the kids credits separately, how does this work? For example, let's say we were going for 3 days. On day 1, we get 2 adult & 2 kid CS meals. On day 2, we get 4 adult CS meals because that is all they have. There are no kids meals available. On day 3, can we still get 2 adult CS meals, or did we burn them on day 2 because there was no other choice?

4 - unrelated to sharing meals - I see 1% milk on the list of drink options for the kids. Do they have chocolate milk, too, or white only?

Thanks for any help you can give!
PS - and yes...they are that small of eaters. Neither of them can finish a small happy meal. They are both very small for their age (dd 6 is 42 lbs & dd 9 is 50 lbs)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #153
schriverl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjaybe View Post
Dh & I and our 2 kids (6 & 9) are on the regular dining plan. My kids don't eat a lot in one sitting. Here are my questions:

1 - Can they share a single CS meal? For example, let's say for lunch, rather than getting 4 CS meals, we can just get 3, right? We'd get 2 adult & 1 kid and then share them among all of us. (I hate to throw food away, plus that would leave a CS meal that we could use as a "snack" later in the day or some other time, right?)

2 - Can they share a single TS meal, as long as it isn't a buffet or someplace like CRT? (For example, at La Hacienda?)

3 - if the kids have to get a kids meal when one is available, but they don't track the kids credits separately, how does this work? For example, let's say we were going for 3 days. On day 1, we get 2 adult & 2 kid CS meals. On day 2, we get 4 adult CS meals because that is all they have. There are no kids meals available. On day 3, can we still get 2 adult CS meals, or did we burn them on day 2 because there was no other choice?

4 - unrelated to sharing meals - I see 1% milk on the list of drink options for the kids. Do they have chocolate milk, too, or white only?

Thanks for any help you can give!
PS - and yes...they are that small of eaters. Neither of them can finish a small happy meal. They are both very small for their age (dd 6 is 42 lbs & dd 9 is 50 lbs)
Kids meals are really small. The chix nugget meat is 4 nuggets and a small handful of fries. My dd7 is also tiny and she could just about finish her meal. Could not share it with ds2. On the otherhand if she got pizza she would give one quarter to her brother and she would eat the other 3.
Hope this helps a little.

schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #154
littlelaura
If theres no chocolate in heaven, i aint going!

WGP and EOS have a kids cs option, but i cant see any kids desserts; can they choose a 'big' dessert or do they get the default cookie

littlelaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #155
kayjaybe
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Schriverl. Didn't realize they were that small. While they might not finish...probably not enough to share.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #156
schriverl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjaybe View Post
Thanks, Schriverl. Didn't realize they were that small. While they might not finish...probably not enough to share.
Although maybe if you're a small eater you could eat the kids meal and they could share an adult meal... Or one of them could prolly share with you.

schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #157
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelaura View Post
WGP and EOS have a kids cs option, but i cant see any kids desserts; can they choose a 'big' dessert or do they get the default cookie
at WGP they had the choice of soft serve or a cookie. I can't remember if there was a 3rd option. They got the soft serve but it was gross and the server replaced them with a cookie.

I don't know about EOS.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #158
DrD
Mouseketeer

Wow, this DDP is ultra complicated.

Why does the brochure list appetizer for 9 and under only? so kids get an appetizer and adults don't? Seems counter-intuitive.

are TS credits tracked seperately for kids and adults? If I order a pizza (2 adult credits) does that mean I now have 2 "extra" kids credits that I can't use?

I checked the FAQ's but these questions didn't make them.

Why does it have to be so opaque? After 2 trips with 3rd coming up I still don't get it. last time I had all kinds of credits left becasue I had no idea what I was doing.

Thanks. now back to something simple like transplant immunology.
DrD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #159
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post

Why does the brochure list appetizer for 9 and under only? so kids get an appetizer and adults don't? Seems counter-intuitive.
Kids have to order from the kids' menu. Children's appetizers are not what you'd call a regular appetizer. It's usually a small salad, raw vegetable sticks, or a small cup of chicken soup. As part of Disney's attempt to market itself as providing "balanced" meals for children, it presents all its children's TS meals as three courses.

Quote:
are TS credits tracked seperately for kids and adults? If I order a pizza (2 adult credits) does that mean I now have 2 "extra" kids credits that I can't use?
Yes and yes. But it's not necessarily that you can't use them - you can leave them unused if you want - of course, you don't want to because you have already paid for them. Or you can book an extra meal or two, pay cash for the adults and use credits for the kids. Or you may be able to trade them for snacks at your resort's counter service.

Be careful, if you're staying at a deluxe resort that has room service and you order a pizza, it's 4 adult TS credits, not 2.

Quote:
Why does it have to be so opaque? After 2 trips with 3rd coming up I still don't get it. last time I had all kinds of credits left becasue I had no idea what I was doing.
That's what Disney wants - you didn't get the food you paid for, and Mickey got your money anyway.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #160
DrD
Mouseketeer

Thanks.

someone told me today that kids can get an adult appetizer instead of kid's meal, is that true?
DrD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #161
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks.

someone told me today that kids can get an adult appetizer instead of kid's meal, is that true?
No, it's not true. Kids have to order from the children's menu. That's notwithstanding what any individual server might allow someone to do, but it's definitely not the rule.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #162
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, this DDP is ultra complicated.

I checked the FAQ's but these questions didn't make them.

Thanks. now back to something simple like transplant immunology.
You can also go to the food court and pick up your pizza, drinks and dessert and it will cost you 2CS credits.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 AM   #163
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if you are just an adult with a child and want to order the large pizza meal on the DDP if you can?

I know the credits are supose to be adult, so I don't know if this would work or not.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #164
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

This is our first time that we have had the dinning plan. We are going in May and got the quick service plan.

It is me, dh, and our 5 year old ds that have the dinning. Our 2 year old won't of course.

Question.... Usually my 5 year old and the baby share a meal b/c the 5 year old barely eats and the 2 year old eats a ton. But, lets say that they are both very hungry one day. Can I use two of the kids meals at one time, along with a meal for dh and I? This might mean that I would have to come out of pocket later on in our stay (b/c we might run out of child credits) but I'd rather use them then and use them all. Or would it be better if I just used a snack credit at the same time so the boys have more food to share?

I'm sure the baby will also be sharing food with me and dh so it might not ever come up, but didn't want to break any rules.
Marla1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #165
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla1106 View Post
Can I use two of the kids meals at one time, along with a meal for dh and I? .
Probably not. You only have one child on your KTTW card so you will likely only be able to order one child's meal at a time.

Quote:
Does anyone know if you are just an adult with a child and want to order the large pizza meal on the DDP if you can?

I know the credits are supose to be adult, so I don't know if this would work or not.
If you get pizza delivery, you must use adult credits.

If you go to the counter service and order one for takeout, you can use any CS credits.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: