Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
dcpfa11
Earning My Ears

Lightbulb I'll Probably get a lot of flack for this....

But i cant help it, i HAVE to ask. Has anyone ever heard of anyone gettin kicked out for drug use? Particularly marijuana. Now before you guys come with the negative comments, I am in no way a "drugie". Im just a free spirited person that likes to enjoy herself. Of course im not dumb enough to blatantly smoke wherever i want so im really not worried about getting caught. I guess i really wrote this thread to see if i was the only one thinking about using a little Mary Jane while up there. Negativity is not needed so if thats all you have to offer, please press the back arrow now. Thanks!
dcpfa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
BabySimba
Mouseketeer

If I were you I wouldn't smoke it while down there. I don't smoke marijuana (nor have I ever), BUT I'm not against it being used. I don't think it's a drug that should be illegal but that's just me (but I am against other drugs like cocaine etc.). However, Disney would obviously take large steps to avoid the use of the drug on their property.

I wouldn't smoke it inside the apartments, especially. The smell will probably stick to a lot of things and when security checks your place you might get kicked out because of it. Even worse, you might be the reason others (who didn't smoke it) get kicked out too. Talk about a guilty feeling!

Although I've never worked down there (yet), it's not a risk I would take since working at Disney would be an amazing experience that I wouldn't want to gamble.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
csaribay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpfa11 View Post
But i cant help it, i HAVE to ask. Has anyone ever heard of anyone gettin kicked out for drug use? Particularly marijuana
Yeah, one of my roommates had gotten terminated for the possession of marijuana. Part of the housing contract stipulates a no tolerance policy for use and/or possession of illicit substances at the housing properties. The housing contract also stipulates apartment inspections at any time for any reason. These aren't common, but the roommate of mine that was terminated had a bowl that had some substance left in it (I guess?) that was left out during an un-announced inspection. Police were called and we all had to report to security that day to fill out statements for Price Management/Disney.

He was terminated the day following the inspection after a mandatory housing meeting (with all four of us) to state what we knew. He had until 11 AM the next day to vacate the property.

Needless to say, I don't recommend the practice on or around the properties. I've seen the results first hand.

Last edited by csaribay; 03-07-2011 at 03:11 PM.
csaribay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure this is a troll question...obviously you will be kicked out for doing illegal things while on Disney property or at the apartments. I don't think you're seriously wondering about this as its kind of obvious.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Dreamstuff
Sometime Castmember-Lifetime Disney Girl

First, don't post this if you don't want 'negative' responses.
Being free spirited has nothing to do with drug use. Period.

I knew people down there who smoked marijuana and never got caught.
I also know just as many who got termed for it.

So, if you're going to test it out, be prepared to get sent home.
Role: Attractions Location: ???
Dreamstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
Meg13
All you have to do is decide what to do with the time given to you.

My friend's roommate got kicked out for smoking it. She didn't do it in the apartment, but she did get caught.

We had another guy in my workplace who smoked before coming in. He got terminated, but not for smoking - he thought he was smart enough to steal from the register.

Running Disney trip count: about 46

Disney CareerStart Program | February 8-August 13, 2010

Disney College Program | Fall Advantage 2011

"I know there's so much more to find, just in looking through myself and not at them. Still I know to trust my own true mind, and to say 'There's a way through this'."
Meg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
Legaleen
Earning My Ears

Yes, I have heard of people getting kicked out for drug use. In fact, I have heard of Disney requiring anyone who is accused of using to take a drug test or self term. I don't know anything for sure but I wouldn't risk it because there is always a chance your roommate will smell it on your clothes and let Disney know or whatever else. If you're serious about the college program or Disney in general risking it just sounds like a stupid idea to me.
Legaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
collegejunkie
DIS Veteran

you could probably just stash your stuff in your car and smoke when you're off work somewhere that's not on property or at the apartments. kind of like how you're probably not allowed to smoke at home - just gotta drive around and find a place to do it. i'm sure you're not the only one.

collegejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamstuff View Post

What she said. This does seem like a troll thread. Marijuana is viewed as wrong in America, why wouldn't it be viewed as wrong and something to justify being termed in the CP?
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #10
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

Keep in mind that if your hurt at work they will drug test you if you go to the dr.
jewjubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #11
keypooh90
Lovatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamstuff View Post

Agree.

I smell a troll.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #12
thisisemily
Earned my Ears!

As bad as this sounds...there are people who will snitch on you.
I would recommended not smoking at all during your CP, unless you don't care about getting termed.

thisisemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
Meg13

Off-topic, but what's a troll post?

"I know there's so much more to find, just in looking through myself and not at them. Still I know to trust my own true mind, and to say 'There's a way through this'."
Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #14
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg13 View Post
Off-topic, but what's a troll post?
Someone who posts something with the sole intent of getting under your skin. This thread is obviously not real as the person hasn't even been back. So the person was trying to irritate people with a dumb question making them a troll. (In my opinion anyways)
Old 03-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
Meg13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW_lover_in_SC View Post
Someone who posts something with the sole intent of getting under your skin. This thread is obviously not real as the person hasn't even been back. So the person was trying to irritate people with a dumb question making them a troll. (In my opinion anyways)
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: