DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #76
WDWMom
DIS Veteran

Can't say we've ever had long lines at OKW any time we have checked in. Maybe waited for 1 or 2 people in front of us. Now I do remember waiting once at AKV, but that would have been in the morning too. We also waited for our one and only stay at BWI. Can't remember the day of the week, but it was probably not a weekend as we stayed at OKW for 2 nights first.

"Everybody's got a boat upon the ocean, but not everybody's sailing out to sea." K. Loggins
WDWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #77
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WDWMom :Can't say we've ever had long lines at OKW any time we have checked in. Maybe waited for 1 or 2 people in front of us
Oh I do have memories of lines. We primarily stayed at OKW as it was our "home" from 2000 to 2009 before we sold it to purchase AKV and BLT. We stayed many weeknights and weekends.....I can recall standing in line with 5 CM's waiting on people. One time so busy, the "concierge" desk actually started checking people in. Most of these experiences were prior to the opening of AKV......and most were during either July/Aug or Oct/Nov.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #78
WDWMom
DIS Veteran

WOW! Never had that problem in the 13 years (16+ trips) at OKW. Even during our Oct/Nov. trips. I guess we have been lucky. Don't think I've ever waited more than 10 minutes to check in.

"Everybody's got a boat upon the ocean, but not everybody's sailing out to sea." K. Loggins
WDWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #79
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWMom View Post
WOW! Never had that problem in the 13 years (16+ trips) at OKW. Even during our Oct/Nov. trips. I guess we have been lucky. Don't think I've ever waited more than 10 minutes to check in.
I'm certainly not saying all my trips to OKW had long check-ins.....but maybe certain times of the year were a little busier ? I zipped right in (as well as had longer waits) at every DVC actually (even had a long wait at VB one time). Guess it's just hit or miss.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #80
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TisBit View Post
I agree with you Jim, but when many people try to justify their point of view with "I will just spend less days/less money in the park, it will often fall on deaf ears to DVC management, for the exact reason you said. For every person that had a negative impact, there were people with a positive. The difference is people will not complain/post as viligently when there is not a problem.
I find that DVC members, esp those on DIS and similar sites, tend to have an inflated idea of their self worth in the system and of the DVC membership as a whole. Threats such as "we'll spend less", "I'm going to call and complain" or "I'll sell if..." really mean nothing even if carried through. Even when most people complain, they generally don't do so in a manner that's effective leaving their only chance of their complaint meaning anything being if they're are among a singular chorus of others with the same complaint (glasses in studios).
Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #81
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
... leaving their only chance of their complaint meaning anything being if they're are among a singular chorus of others with the same complaint (glasses in studios).
I still have nightmares regarding that attempt to take glasses away....we must stay vigilant!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #82
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I still have nightmares regarding that attempt to take glasses away....we must stay vigilant!
Realize this was a light weight item that really didn't mean much to DVC or the resorts other than procedurally as the members would have to pay any associated costs. Comparing a DVC studio to a similar Marriott studio would show that Marriott also provides plates and utensils and tends to have King beds in the studio.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #83
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Realize this was a light weight item that really didn't mean much to DVC or the resorts other than procedurally as the members would have to pay any associated costs. Comparing a DVC studio to a similar Marriott studio would show that Marriott also provides plates and utensils and tends to have King beds in the studio.
Gosh, I know. When we toured a Hilton GVC, besides the real stuff to eat on, there was a dishwasher. We used Tom's Marriott points to stay in an older Marriott time share, and there was no dishwasher but better kitchen things and a king bed as you mentioned.

We're in the program for the Disney things...so we're a captive audience and it does work for us.

Bobbi
Old 03-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #84
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dean : Threats such as "we'll spend less", "I'm going to call and complain" or "I'll sell if..." really mean nothing even if carried through. Even when most people complain, they generally don't do so in a manner that's effective leaving their only chance of their complaint meaning anything being if they're are among a singular chorus of others with the same complaint (glasses in studios).
Well...not sure who you are referring to in this post Dean. But for me, PERSONALLY (and I'm not saying you are directing this at me), I stated in my OP #46 that I felt disney could care less and I felt the same way if you go back and read it. This always seems to be the reply I see when "spending less in disney" topic comes up. I was mentally prepared for it and voila ! Here it is !
AND....I went on to say further down in the thread that I still "LOVED" our DVC. We just utilize it differently. The use of the word "threat" is almost as unfounded (in my case personally) as the word "tactic". I clearly state I could care less. I gave up the "fight" a year ago. I've thrown in the white flag and take DVC for what it is now. I'm cool with it all

So once again.....I intend no "threat" to DVC by what I stated ?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #85
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Well...not sure who you are referring to in this post Dean. But for me, PERSONALLY (and I'm not saying you are directing this at me), I stated in my OP #46 that I felt disney could care less and I felt the same way if you go back and read it. This always seems to be the reply I see when "spending less in disney" topic comes up. I was mentally prepared for it and voila ! Here it is !
AND....I went on to say further down in the thread that I still "LOVED" our DVC. We just utilize it differently. The use of the word "threat" is almost as unfounded (in my case personally) as the word "tactic". I clearly state I could care less. I gave up the "fight" a year ago. I've thrown in the white flag and take DVC for what it is now. I'm cool with it all

So once again.....I intend no "threat" to DVC by what I stated ?
My reference was in general, not this thread alone and certainly not to any specific person or circumstance. It's an average of the attitude of a subset of DVC members, esp as we see it played out on DIS. Thus if the statement doesn't apply to you, that's cool, if it does, I'm fine with that as well if you are being labeled as such. If you want to see where this sense comes from go back and reread the thread's re-allocations #1 & #2, the thread on the change to 1 week at a time, the valet thread and the thread on the current resale changes. You'll see post after post with clear threat's along the lines I outlined and those that state they are going to call and complain like it really means anything, sell, spend less, talk DVC down, etd. As I've said in other threads, likely in at least part of those I mentioned, complaining to member satisfaction for such an event is close to a waste of time unless you simply want to be patronized. Their purpose if more to individual circumstances such as a specific problem than it is to system issues, esp where policy changes have already been made that DVD/DVC knew. Bottom line is I'm not referring to any specific person but if the label fits anyone, that's their cross to bear. If the label fit previously but no longer does, that's even better, most of us have been there are one time or another.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #86
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bottom line is I'm not referring to any specific person but if the label fits anyone, that's their cross to bear. If the label fit previously but no longer does, that's even better, most of us have been there are one time or another.
Agreed Dean....while I may not be as "ecstatic" about my DVC as I once was....I still love it very much
Sort of like when you first fall in love.....you're head over heels....then you start picking up on little habits and concerns....but there is still love so you stay. That's us. We know we have had/still have the option to sell if we want. We're not even close to being there yet.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #87
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Agreed Dean....while I may not be as "ecstatic" about my DVC as I once was....I still love it very much
Sort of like when you first fall in love.....you're head over heels....then you start picking up on little habits and concerns....but there is still love so you stay. That's us. We know we have had/still have the option to sell if we want. We're not even close to being there yet.
Actually it's not even the words but the attitude that's the real issue in this situation when you read some of those posts. Even then I see where they are coming from and they are mostly hurting themselves by their emotions.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #88
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
adminjedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 bedroom, dvc, points needed, saratoga springs, studio

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: