Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Artaxx
Earning My Ears

Couples Massage at the Grand Floridian Spa

So my partner and I are going down to WDW to celebrate our 12 year anniversary next week! I was thinking about booking a couples massage at the Spa for us. We aren't the kind that goes to get messages often, but I know my partner would love it (he's a nurse that works very hard and I know he could use it). Anyway, to my question, has anyone else done this? Any info on it would be greatly appreciated. Also, when I book it, should I mention we are a same-sex couple? I'm assuming it wouldn't be a problem.

And lastly, I'm a cast member up here in NYC, does anyone know if we get a discount on spa treatments?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Artaxx and Ezma

Disney Vacations
June 2002 - All Star Movies
May 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
Jan 2007 - Coronado Springs
Artaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
DopeyDave
Earned one Ear, working on my second!

First off, Congratulations!! My partner planned a couple's massage for us a few years ago to surprise me for my birthday at the Grand Floridian Spa. It was very thoughtful of him and I really appreciated his efforts, but I'm personally not a big fan of massages. (I laid there giggling most of the time because of the soothing classical music they were playing always transported me to something more current. For example during Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata, I kept imagining Lucy singing "Do you know something Schroeder?") Any way, I digress...

We had no issues there as a same-sex couple, but I'm not sure how he made the arrangements. I'm sure he did make them in advance. I believe he requested two male masseuses, and was disappointed when we had a male and female one.

I can check with him for more details and follow back up with you.

First Disney Adventure: WaltDisneyWorld Preview Center - 1969 (I've been hooked ever since!)
Next Disney Adventure: Food & Wine Festival (Sep '14-BLT)
Previous Disney Adventures: Hilton Head Island Resort (May '12), DVC Member Cruise/Food & Wine (Sep/Oct '11), Viva Italia ABD (Sep '09) to name a few!

DopeyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
colaboy29
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=DopeyDave;40170029]. For example during Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata, I kept imagining Lucy singing "Do you know something Schroeder?"

Too funny!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
DopeyDave
Earned one Ear, working on my second!

Artaxx,

I checked with my partner last night, and he doesn't remember who he called for sure, he says he "just called down there." He knows he did it in advance, probably about a month, and he did tell them we were a same-sex couple when he made the reservations.

I'd suggest either trying to call the spa directly, or contacting the concierge at the resort you're staying at. I'm not sure about cast discounts, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask when making the reservations.

Good luck, enjoy, and again, Congratulations!!

First Disney Adventure: WaltDisneyWorld Preview Center - 1969 (I've been hooked ever since!)
Next Disney Adventure: Food & Wine Festival (Sep '14-BLT)
Previous Disney Adventures: Hilton Head Island Resort (May '12), DVC Member Cruise/Food & Wine (Sep/Oct '11), Viva Italia ABD (Sep '09) to name a few!

DopeyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Artaxx
Earning My Ears

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I really appreciate the help and I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Artaxx and Ezma

Disney Vacations
June 2002 - All Star Movies
May 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
Jan 2007 - Coronado Springs
Artaxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: