Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #1576
RoundtownGirl
Mouseketeer

I cry when I see the castle for the first time and I'm not into Tomorrowland.

RoundtownGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #1577
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Fun topic to add things to:

1. Illuminations bores me, but I'll watch it because it's fireworks.
2. I hated the Broadway Version of The Lion King with the intensity of 100 burning suns.
3. I can't stand Minnie Mouse, I think she's a <nasty B word goes here>.
4. Technically, I haven't been to Tom Sawyer's Island because DL changed the name to Pirate's Landing.
5. POTC = nap time.
6. Don't care about Bambi or Dumbo's Mother, but the Circle of Life in the Lion King movie and when Ariel says "I love you Daddy" makes me cry. buckets.
7. Don't care for DHS's Fantasmic, but will watch it only if I have priority seating.. see secret #1. (Disneyland's version is 100x better)
8. I actually liked the first High School Musical, even though there is a VERY VERY creepy message in it for anyone who understands musical theater.
9. I could ride Peter Pan's flight and Winnie The Pooh's Adventures all day long.
10. The opening of DL's Fantasmic, DL's Fireworks, DCA's World of Color, and MK's Fireworks all make me cry. buckets.
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #1578
Bi-winning
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Fun topic to add things to:

1. Illuminations bores me, but I'll watch it because it's fireworks.
2. I hated the Broadway Version of The Lion King with the intensity of 100 burning suns.
3. I can't stand Minnie Mouse, I think she's a <nasty B word goes here>.
4. Technically, I haven't been to Tom Sawyer's Island because DL changed the name to Pirate's Landing.
5. POTC = nap time.
6. Don't care about Bambi or Dumbo's Mother, but the Circle of Life in the Lion King movie and when Ariel says "I love you Daddy" makes me cry. buckets.
7. Don't care for DHS's Fantasmic, but will watch it only if I have priority seating.. see secret #1. (Disneyland's version is 100x better)
8. I actually liked the first High School Musical, even though there is a VERY VERY creepy message in it for anyone who understands musical theater.
9. I could ride Peter Pan's flight and Winnie The Pooh's Adventures all day long.
10. The opening of DL's Fantasmic, DL's Fireworks, DCA's World of Color, and MK's Fireworks all make me cry. buckets.
Now you've got me interested. Do tell.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #1579
Chuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi-winning View Post
Now you've got me interested. Do tell.
Well, if you know musical theater, MOST of the time the leads in a musical are romantic leads. Especially with the ones that tend to be put on by most high schools. Knowing that the premise of High School Musical is that the brother and sister are upset that they might lose the leads in the yearly musical... well.. i'll leave it at that.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #1580
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Quote:
Well, if you know musical theater, MOST of the time the leads in a musical are romantic leads. Especially with the ones that tend to be put on by most high schools. Knowing that the premise of High School Musical is that the brother and sister are upset that they might lose the leads in the yearly musical... well.. i'll leave it at that.

I had to debate with myself on if i should comment or not. Yes more often then not the leads are romantic interest, but there is NO rule about it being so, and there is NO hint of a romance with the bro and sister of the movie....

I think this is just the case of people reading into things that do not exsist. I know of many many many productions where the "leads" are not romantic interests, and even a few shows where there isnt a true "romance story" at all......

Sigh.... Now the Music Theatre Major shuts up

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #1581
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

I have not seen High School Musical I II or III... is there a 3? I have not seen all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies either. I did see part of one of the HSM's while it was being watched by my kids. I saw one of the pirate movies not sure which it was.... and am I the ONLY one who thinks that Johnny Depp is totally creepy! I've always preferred the Jimmy Stewart/Cary Grant type I guess.

I saw Broadways Lion King at the Kennedy Center in DC and totally loved it!!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #1582
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I've seen a few shows up there as well!!!!!
And I just wanted to say 'Hey neighbor!!'

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #1583
Chuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoqueenkelly View Post
I had to debate with myself on if i should comment or not. Yes more often then not the leads are romantic interest, but there is NO rule about it being so, and there is NO hint of a romance with the bro and sister of the movie....

I think this is just the case of people reading into things that do not exsist. I know of many many many productions where the "leads" are not romantic interests, and even a few shows where there isnt a true "romance story" at all......

Sigh.... Now the Music Theatre Major shuts up
You are totally correct, but I am having fun with it in general. I am really talking more Classical Music Theater: King & I, Sound of Music, Oklahoma, Grease.. the shows the high schools in my area were all putting on. And I wasn't saying that the Brother and Sister were being romantic.... just that it's an icky thought

Now, keeping on topic:

I don't like Mickey Head Ice Cream Bars.
I hate people with double wide strollers - especially in Disneyland where the streets are way narrower.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #1584
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoqueenkelly View Post
I've seen a few shows up there as well!!!!!
And I just wanted to say 'Hey neighbor!!'
HI.......

I used to visit Kings Dominion in Dozwell, but now that I'm addicted to Disney there is NO comparison and KD isn't fun anymore.

We live about 1/2 hours drive into the city... you'd think we'd visit there more then!! I'd love to see more Disney musicals there. Going into the city is such a production!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #1585
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
I don't like Mickey Head Ice Cream Bars.
I hate people with double wide strollers - especially in Disneyland where the streets are way narrower.
Me neither!! I especially don't like that Nestle Toll house mickey head icecream sandwich. I think it was Mickey head shaped? Anyway, I ate one once and it was sooooo super sweet I thought I was gonna be sick!

Why is it that when you're in a hurry and you're trying to make the mad park dash... you seem to always get behind a bevy of double wide strollers and slow moving scooters. Now, I don't begrudge anybody their scooter or double stroller, clearly they're a "bare" necessity. But when the park is crowded, a person could be run over. In fact, my MIL was a "crazy scooter driver".. I think her scooter had a mind of its own, and she accidentally slightly "tapped" someone with it! It was so embarrassing! Luckily they were just irritated and not hurt. There is a learning curve with those things.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #1586
TiszBear
Mouseketeer

I can't not stnad Dole WHips!! never have and never will. I can't understnad why people love them. ALso I don't like winnie the pooh.

TiszBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #1587
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiszBear View Post
ALso I don't like winnie the pooh.
Gee, who peed on your cornflakes?
You'd think that with the name 'bear' in your handle, you'd love the honey-loving guy! My nickname is Bear as well and and he's simply a Silly Willy Nilly Ol' Bear! My kids love him!

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #1588
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I have not seen High School Musical I II or III... is there a 3? I have not seen all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies either. I did see part of one of the HSM's while it was being watched by my kids. I saw one of the pirate movies not sure which it was.... and am I the ONLY one who thinks that Johnny Depp is totally creepy! I've always preferred the Jimmy Stewart/Cary Grant type I guess.

I think Johnny Depp is a fabulous artist and is able to transform himself into whatever character he needs to portray at the moment. . .lol.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #1589
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
I think Johnny Depp is a fabulous artist and is able to transform himself into whatever character he needs to portray at the moment. . .lol.
That's a good point.... but he's still creepy to me. There is just something creepy about him. Can't put my finger on it.

Who is that Dole Whip hater? Dole Whips are the most refreshing dessert on the planet!! ---- oh well.... more for me!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #1590
StitchLovesElvis
I ain't nothin' but a hound dog

I'm more excited to go to WDW this year than my 5 y/o cousin is.
Never have I ever tried a Dole Whip.
I cried when I watched Toy Story 3.

DA Me DC(5)
StitchLovesElvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: