Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #91
marhs
DIS Veteran

magnets disappearing

I know people make their own magnets with their family names on it, etc... Do those ones "Walk" as well? That's terrible that people would do that, though I am sure it's probably teens thinking it's funny. Still!
We are thinking of making some for our first Disney Cruise and I like to design, so I figured I'd have our family name on them in hopes that no one could take them and put them on THEIR door atleast. It'd be pretty obvious!
I do like the idea of "This magnet stolen from room # __). That's great!
marhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #92
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

In 5 Disney cruises, 4x on the Magic, once on the Wonder, we've never had magnets stolen. I'm sure it happens but probably not as often as it sounds like here. Last time, the only one messing with our magnets was my BIL turning them all upside down.
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #93
marhs
DIS Veteran

That's good to hear. I guess people talk more about the negative things to watch out for more just in case.
Glad to hear you didn't have any "walking" magnets!
Now I just have to design ours! Yeah!!!
marhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #94
Linden Lady
Mouseketeer

we are 1st time disney "cruisers". we are going to participate in the FE gift exchange. if SOME people will steal magnets, do they also mess with the gifts in the FE's?? just curious. such a sad thing to hear....
Linden Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #95
Tinkerbellgal13
Earning My Ears

Magnets

That's what I did on our cruise, just put up magnets. I didn't want to tape anything to the door. Now I'm glad I didn't. Althou, I did see other passengers taping postcards & other cute stuff to their door. Thanks for the heads up! I even told me travel agent about it & she's spreading the word!
Tinkerbellgal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #96
meburgess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPete View Post
Hi everyone,

The site has been asked by to relay the following message regarding stateroom door decorations on DCL ships:
More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.

As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.

As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape.

We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.
Unofficially, what I'm hearing is that DCL is considering the possibility of levying surcharges on people who damage the door finish with adhesives. They're trying to avoid that because the really do appreciate the passion and creativity that people are putting into this, but the issue with the finishes coming off the doors is getting to be a real issue. I know some have already received this notice on-board the ship, but I wanted to make sure it's out there for everyone.

Thanks,
Pete

Thank you for sharing!

The Dream - October '12

Disney Wonder-Mexican Riviera - March 20-27, 2011

Me!! DH DD DS
meburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:37 AM   #97
MikellaCinderella
Addicted to Disney Cruises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jship210 View Post
A nice place to buy your door magnet is vistaprint.com they sell them for car doors in two sizes. We get the small one which on the cabin door is just right. Go to their website and you can download your pictures or designs and they will make you a great door magnet. They are inexpensive and last. We get one for every cruise. Remember it's always best to put your cabin number on the back, we use "This magnet stolen from 7036"
That's a good idea.....I think I might use something like, "If found elsewhere, please return to cabin #____"

***WE HAVE COMPLETED OUR GRAND SLAM (April 21, 2012)!!! WOO HOO!!*** Upcoming: Re-Imagined Magic 12/04/13*** Disney Dream 04/12, Disney Dream 11/12, Disney Fantasy 04/12, Disney Dream 09/11, Disney Magic 02/09, Disney Magic 02/04, Disney Wonder 09/03, Disney Magic 06/03, Disney Magic 08/02, Big Red Boat (prior to DCL's existance) 05/97...and too many trips to WDW to count!
MikellaCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #98
queenmommie2125
Earning My Ears

I am new to DIS. I am having a hard time finding the info on FE and I would like the count down time lines that you have. I am a little crafty but would like directions on how to make the FE. Also where do you find the images used for the door magnets and personalized things? Any Help?
I will be going on my 2nd cruise in June 3012. I know its early but I'm a planner and my kids love to do crafts as well

Last edited by queenmommie2125; 03-03-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Adding more info
queenmommie2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #99
Minniemiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmommie2125 View Post
I am new to DIS. I am having a hard time finding the info on FE and I would like the count down time lines that you have. I am a little crafty but would like directions on how to make the FE. Also where do you find the images used for the door magnets and personalized things? Any Help?
I will be going on my 2nd cruise in June 3012. I know its early but I'm a planner and my kids love to do crafts as well
Check the FAQ sticky for the info on making FE's.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

The countdown info can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/video-tutorials/

Magnets here

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105
Minniemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #100
barrymommy
Earning My Ears

First time Disney cruisers

Wow....it looks like I have a lot of learn before our cruise in May of 2012! I would have been disappointed if we had gone and everyone had their doors decorated except us! What fun!!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #101
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrymommy View Post
Wow....it looks like I have a lot of learn before our cruise in May of 2012! I would have been disappointed if we had gone and everyone had their doors decorated except us! What fun!!
I would guess less than 10% of doors are decorated.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #102
jdubs44
Earning My Ears

lots of decorations

We saw lots of doors with taped on decorations... don't know how much this is enforced
jdubs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #103
jship210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I would guess less than 10% of doors are decorated.
It also helps identify your cabin when you're coming in late from the Adult Only areas especially first time cruisers
SS Norway 1985, 86',87'Big Red Boat 1989 Dolphin CL 1990 B.C. (Before Children) Disney Wonder 2005, , Magic, 2006 , 2007, Feb 2008, E Bound Panama Canal Pirates Repo Aug 08 Sept.12th 2009 25th Anniversary Cruise, January 10,2010 (completed) My 1st Disney Marathon ,July 11,2010 Wonder Double Dip, July 19, 2011 Wonder Alaska, May 2012 Disney Dream!2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler,October 2014 Disney Magic 30th Anniversary Cruise,Jan. 2015 Magic, Forget the Winter Blues Cruise,

jship210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #104
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jship210 View Post
It also helps identify your cabin when you're coming in late from the Adult Only areas especially first time cruisers

We didn't decorate for our 1st cruise but I did for the 2nd one. My dh thought it was corny and said, "You're not really gonna put that c**p on our door, are you?"
By the next day he admitted it made it so easy to find our room, esp since our door was visible from the elevator lobby so we knew immediately if we made a wrong turn and went starboard instead of port, fwd instead of aft, etc.
4 cruises later, he now helps me tip toe around decorating doors for others in our group to surprise them.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #105
Pojar4
Earning My Ears

We are new to the entire idea of cruising, let alone on a Disney cruise. Does everyone decorate their doors? And what is FE exactly???
Pojar4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: