Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #136
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

great! so basically the credits are not specific to Adult vs. kids, we ALL just need to be honest, use the kids for kids / adults for adults (when and where applicable) and follow the rules that Disney has set forth and if we are all eating together at the same place and they have a kids menu......our KTTW will only allow 3 adult meals and 3 kids meals since that is our allotment.

I think I have it! and if I don't....please correct me

Thank you so much.

Last edited by SPOERLX3; 02-16-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling
SPOERLX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #137
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

wouldn't you know it.....

after reading about some of the QS dining options, I have another question

Cosmic Rays is an option that we want to try this trip since it has several options to choose from. I believe when we were there several trips ago, they had one side set up with a chicken/rib offering and the other side set up for hamburgers, etc. If I take my KTTW to the side of the restraunt that offers chicken, to order for part of my party, can my DH or DD21 go to the side that offers burgers and order for the rest of our party at virtually the same time with his KTTW?

I just want to make sure that one of us won't reject out since we will be ordering and they will be debiting our credits within minutes of each other.

Thank you to all for helping me get a complete understanding of the QS dining plan.
SPOERLX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #138
dntd
Mouseketeer

So if I get an adult meal and share it with a kid it'ts dishonest? I thought it was pooled so it was easier for us to keep track of. Also who eats a half a chicken or a treat with evsry meal?
dntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #139
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

What you're saying isn't dishonest at all. However, according to Disney's policy, you need to burn that kids credit that you're not using at that meal for a kids meal later on in the trip.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #140
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
after reading about some of the QS dining options, I have another question

Cosmic Rays is an option that we want to try this trip since it has several options to choose from. I believe when we were there several trips ago, they had one side set up with a chicken/rib offering and the other side set up for hamburgers, etc. If I take my KTTW to the side of the restraunt that offers chicken, to order for part of my party, can my DH or DD21 go to the side that offers burgers and order for the rest of our party at virtually the same time with his KTTW?

I just want to make sure that one of us won't reject out since we will be ordering and they will be debiting our credits within minutes of each other.

Thank you to all for helping me get a complete understanding of the QS dining plan.
That will work perfectly. We do that Cosmic Ray's too. It's always the case that someone wants something from a different bay. You could use all your credits at the same time if you wanted or one right after another. It's not setup to 'deny' meals unless it's out of meals.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #141
nikten
Earning My Ears

Dining plan/child buffet questions..

I read that when you go to a buffet they have a separate section that is just for children. Does this mean a child 9 and under can only choose items from that particular section? Just wondering as we are going in May and have never been before.

Also, I have read that the QS meals are harder to order. Can anybody give me tips on how to figure out what is included to make it easier?

Thank you!
nikten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #142
nikten
Earning My Ears

Wait...does this mean I have to keep track of how many QS kid meals vs adult meals we order? Doesn't it do this on the receipt? Let me know so I know what to expect.

Does everybody get their own card for dining or is it all on one?
nikten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #143
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
What you're saying isn't dishonest at all. However, according to Disney's policy, you need to burn that kids credit that you're not using at that meal for a kids meal later on in the trip.
Quote:
Ok really sorry to beat a dead horse, but I have to ask. Ok So we are planning on going in Nov and for the 1st time going to try the QSDP we have only used the SDP before.

Ok so the question is this. We do not want to cheat the System or get it wrong so I am asking ( I think i understand but maybe not). We are 2 Adults and 1 Child (she will be 3 1/2).

as an example: we go for 4 days so that would 16 adult QSP Meals and 8 child QSP meals.

For 4 of the meals we go to a QS resturant that has a kids meal and then for 3 of the meals we go to Caseys or some where that does not have a kids menu. so we have spent 21 of the 24 meals credits. So when we get to our last meal will we only have 3 kids meal credits left? beause we havn't used all of the kids meals because of the QS without kids menus?

Hope the question isn't dumb???

Last edited by zamboniman333; 02-27-2011 at 10:12 PM.
zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #144
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

When you go to your last restaurant you will order a meal from the kids menu for your child and two adult meals for the adults. There will be no problem with how the credits are allocated.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #145
zamboniman333

Quote:
When you go to your last restaurant you will order a meal from the kids menu for your child and two adult meals for the adults. There will be no problem with how the credits are allocated.
Thank you!

One more ? So lets say we gert to our last day and we have more QS meal credits then we are going to use, can we trade them in for snacks credits? I knwo not the best value but just a thought?

Thanks

Old 02-28-2011, 02:21 AM   #146
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman333 View Post
One more ? So lets say we gert to our last day and we have more QS meal credits then we are going to use, can we trade them in for snacks credits? I knwo not the best value but just a thought?
This can be a bit hit and miss and the answer is that you often can, but it depends where you are. Unfortunatley there is no difinitive answer as to where you need to go to do this, but guests (incuding myself) have had more success at resort food courts than at the parks. I certainly found it much harder last year than in the past, but we did manage to do it.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #147
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

I definitely agree that it can be tough to do.

One thing to remember if a restaurant (even in a park) says "No" then think of how to get snacks as a CS credit.

Basically a CS credit is:
Entree
Dessert
Drink

Two out of the three are already pretty much snacks. All you would need to ask is if you could substitute a second dessert for your entree (not "Can I convert my CS credit to snacks") If they only have fountain soda, then get a bottle of water so the snack is more portable.

If you can't sub the entree for a dessert, then I would get an uncrustable or a cold sandwich for the road.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #148
schriverl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I definitely agree that it can be tough to do.

One thing to remember if a restaurant (even in a park) says "No" then think of how to get snacks as a CS credit.

Basically a CS credit is:
Entree
Dessert
Drink

Two out of the three are already pretty much snacks. All you would need to ask is if you could substitute a second dessert for your entree (not "Can I convert my CS credit to snacks") If they only have fountain soda, then get a bottle of water so the snack is more portable.

If you can't sub the entree for a dessert, then I would get an uncrustable or a cold sandwich for the road.

What a brilliant idea! I hadn't even thought of doing that. We'd had 9 meals left our last day that we could have done this with.

schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #149
zamboniman333

Thank you!

Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #150
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Childrens CS on DDP

I'm sure this has been asked, so I'm sorry in advance. This will be our first trip with dd now an official child on the ddp. Are the child's credit listed separate on the ddp for counter services?
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: